Thread: Next expansion

Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Next expansion

So I see all these threads about people wanting Demon Hunters as the next class. Honestly I don't think its going to happen.

What I think should be done is every class should be given a 4th spec, they could make the locks 4th spec Demon Hunter.

LET LOCKS TANK!!!!! =P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    So I see all these threads about people wanting Demon Hunters as the next class. Honestly I don't think its going to happen.

What I think should be done is every class should be given a 4th spec, they could make the locks 4th spec Demon Hunter.

LET LOCKS TANK!!!!! =P
    OMG another poster with no idea of what is a demon hunter and a warlock for that matter =P

4th class is fun in theory but developmental wise it is a nightmare, lets advance faction lore for each race instead and overall balance, cmon who is with me?!?!?!

Another 4th spec thread??? Suprised!
    Zhulrak
    Kil'jaeden-US

I know the difference between a warlock and a demon hunter. However since the warlock class has most of the spells a demon hunter has its only logical that the locks 4th spec could be the demon hunter.

10+ Year Old Account
    No, it is not logical that a class who has been cloth intelect since vanilla suddenly starts wearing agil leather(or mail) and can melee all of a sudden... Illidan was an AGILITY hero in Warcraft, that's the kind of demon hunter I want... not an int base one that just gets watered down to a spec of a class when it can stand on it's own as a melee/tank/ranged.

Also lorewise anyone can be come a Demon Hunter... Illidan was an Arcane Mage+Warrior before becoming a Demon Hunter.... so I say when a character reaches a certain level it can do an epic quest line to bring back Illidan and after this quest line either A) you can make the new Demon Hunter Class, or B) you turn your current character into a Demon hunter. I think lorewise point B makes more sense for me and seems more unique...

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    make demon hunter the shared fourth spec for ALL classes

I doubt we'll get Demon Hunters next expansion for the same reasons that we won't get a fourth spec - gameplay balance.

Adding a whole new class creates a whole permanent mess of crap Blizzdevs have to forever deal with until the servers close. Things like PVP balance, PVE balance, adding new abilities every expansion, always making a new tier of armor for said class EVERY SINGLE RAID/PVP TIER.

And that's just ONE character with three specs...

Now you're talking about adding it 11 new talent spec trees if you add a fourth spec? That's a WHOLE PVP balance mess they have to deal with.

At best, we'll simply get another new bi-faction race - and even that will be VERY debatable.

No thanks, I would rather have Ethereal as a neutral race, or updated race models.

I've always wanted to play a Demon Hunter, but I think the choice of Death Knight in Wrath and Monk in Mists squashed that idea. They are just too similar in regards to being a melee class with some magic capabilities. Since DK's are kind of a cross between Paladin/Warrior/Warlock, and monks are kind of a Rogue/Shamanish/maybe Paladinish thing, I don't see a Rogue/Warrior/some kind of caster/melee Hunterish Demon Hunter being added. BUT there is an obvious hole at ranged physical DPS that only hunters fill at the moment. If they had a Demon Hunter class that had one or two of it's specs being in the mold of a dark ranger or half-ranged Warden, this could fill that hole AND still give people a dual wielding Demon Hunter. It'd fit lore wise with both factions for NE's and BE's as well so a new race wouldn't be needed.

They also almost have an equal number of classes on each token now, so for balance's sake, I expect only one more new class to be introduced before the end of all things that are WoW. With the idea behind the emerald dream as an eventual expansion, and lack of healers in this expansion, I could see them leaning in the direction of a Druid/Shamanish/Hunter combo with a Keeper of the grove, Priestess of the moon type of combination to heal and do ranged physical damage. This would fit in with Night Elves and Tauren pretty easily, so both factions could get it one expansion without any new races too.

I would still prefer updated race models next expansion to any of this, but who knows at this point! My guess is only one more new class is going to be added to WoW as we know it, and probably only one more new race, if even.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    I know the difference between a warlock and a demon hunter. However since the warlock class has most of the spells a demon hunter has its only logical that the locks 4th spec could be the demon hunter.
    Well if you know you certainly failed to show it in your OP... Forget about the spells. If a demon hunter comes as a class, it would have its own spells don't worry. a demon hunter is not just immolation-meta-evasion-mana burn. check my sig if you would like to know more

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    Well if you know you certainly failed to show it in your OP... Forget about the spells. If a demon hunter comes as a class, it would have its own spells don't worry. a demon hunter is not just immolation-meta-evasion-mana burn. check my sig if you would like to know more
    It doesn't really matter how many fan made class threads people make on this forum. Blizzard decides what to put into the game. Blizzard views warlocks as Demon Hunters, which is why they have so many of their abilities, and a glyph named after them.

End of discussion.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhamses View Post
    It doesn't really matter how many fan made class threads people make on this forum. Blizzard decides what to put into the game. Blizzard views warlocks as Demon Hunters, which is why they have so many of their abilities, and a glyph named after them.

End of discussion.
    So are you are saying that demon hunters will never be in-game as a playable class is that it?

Demon Hunters exist in lore as a particular segment of Night Elf society (and a part of Night Elf specific lore). Which means for Demon Hunters to be in the game they would have to make the lore say hello to their little friend.

I'd give blizz my both legs for a warlock tanking spec.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    So are you are saying that demon hunters will never be in-game as a playable class is that it?
    I'm saying that Warlocks are the playable version of Demon Hunters in WoW.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    They can't equip the Warglaives of Azzinoth, the most iconic demon hunter weapon ingame

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gheld View Post
    Demon Hunters exist in lore as a particular segment of Night Elf society (and a part of Night Elf specific lore). Which means for Demon Hunters to be in the game they would have to make the lore say hello to their little friend.
    exactly. Lets break it down for the others:

A demon hunter cannot be a warlock spec because it would force nelves to play as warlocks because demon hunters are a nelf iconic class. This condition further more separates demon hunters from warlocks which is to say, if they are so alike as some people stubburnly repeat than nelf should be able to play as warlocks lol. But I wouldn't put pass it some of those more hard headed people to still not see the difference

I'd be more in favour of Demon Hunting being the next secondary profession tbh...

Eliminate all the silly business of 4th speccing it/where it would fit in class wise
    "Too late, and to their sorrow, do those who misplace their trust in gods learn their fate" - Judge Bergan

The notion that nature can be calculated inevitably leads to the conclusion that humans too can be reduced to basic mechanical parts

Deleted
    but they arn't lol! My question stands and if you stand by your words and say what you mean then you should answer me. Do demon hunters have what it takes to get into the game as a playable class and will we see a demon hunter as a class? yes or no