Poll: Would you like to see this implemented?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    So selflessly helping others is "unacceptable" to you (i.e. you help them so they get all the benefit - not you)? Reviewing someone else's logs to help them out is "unacceptable" because it's not you playing or your logs?

I guess we are just different people. I play the game more to hang out with friends and watch my guild progress. I don't play only to watch myself progress.
    I'm not sure if you can understand the perspective, but a lot of people have jobs and other things they need to tend to, and for those people, wow is used to blow off steam. I don't want to be pigeon holed into fixing mistakes other people aren't willing to fix themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    I'm not sure if you can understand the perspective, but a lot of people have jobs and other things they need to tend to, and for those people, wow is used to blow off steam. I don't want to be pigeon holed into fixing mistakes other people aren't willing to fix themselves.
    No one is forcing you to. I just think it would be nice to have the option if you wanted to use it. I never said that people should be pigeon-holed or forced into anything.

And I do have a job and a family. I really only get to play WoW for a few hours a week. So I understand time constraints. Which is also why having more than 1 way to help my guild progress would be awesome.

Do it the way that arenanet did guild wars pvp spectating (original game, i dont know about gw2). Record the battle and replay on a loop with a user interface to choose from the top recordings available. Make it optional for guilds to be broadcasting live. Most hardcore guilds would probably object to their progress being shown live but would embrace the capability of having some sort of library of recordings to select from if they choose to do video editing on their kill video. Additionally, blizz would have to incorporate some new features like dps tracking for the spectators to see the stats.
    Last edited by datboi448; 2013-04-26 at 08:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    So selflessly helping others is "unacceptable" to you (i.e. you help them so they get all the benefit - not you)? Reviewing someone else's logs to help them out is "unacceptable" because it's not you playing or your logs?

I guess we are just different people. I play the game more to hang out with friends and watch my guild progress. I don't play only to watch myself progress. I'm also not sure how you justify "putting your raid above yourself" as causing raiding to be unpopular. It would seem the exact opposite is what would cause that....
    It has nothing to with being selfish, reviewing someone's logs is very different from spending a one or more raid sessions each week doing nothing but watch other people play I would not do it and I would not expect anyone else to either. As I said before WOW is a game and it should be played I think the fact that you think someone should give up their play time, that they pay for, watching others play shows that you have lost perspective of this.

If the current system of raiding would benefit from this then simply put there is something wrong with it.