Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bring back the old Recklessness

Anyone miss the old recklessness? Guaranteed 100% crit with extra damage taken. Change that and make the 4 piece bonus something more useful and we're fine.

10+ Year Old Account
    3 crits and your burst is over was fun?
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Quote Originally Posted by TEHPALLYTANK View Post
    A few years ago it was 100% crit for I dont remember how many seconds.

Especially during the transitional time right after the let's call it readjustment I probably would have taken it as seemingly every time I setup for the big execute burst not a single freaking one would crit during colossus smash.

that would be redundant, we don't need 100% crit when we already have around 25-30% crit from gear...definitely do not want old recklessness back and the extra damage taken -.-

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    A few years ago it was 100% crit for I dont remember how many seconds.
    It was 100% crit for 3 abilities, the duration was 12 seconds but it only gave you 100% crit on 3 abilities then expired. That is the old version of recklessness which you seemingly want back yet don't know what it was.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

Deleted
    It was 100% crit for 3 abilities, the duration was 12 seconds but it only gave you 100% crit on 3 abilities then expired. That is the old version of recklessness which you seemingly want back yet don't know what it was.
    There's an ever older version of recklessness than that. Just sayin.

Edit: Corrected post, obviously it was the old recklessness being discussed and not the old execute.
    Last edited by mmoc62471eea71; 2013-04-26 at 06:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah I want it back on a 30 minute cooldown!

Classic Herod: Sinnermighty - Blood Legion (Unretired)

Deleted
    I would like the old 40%+ damage enrage back too, and shield discipline gotta make those shield bashes count.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flawless101 View Post
    I would like the old 40%+ damage enrage back too, and shield discipline gotta make those shield bashes count.
    Enraging when getting hit. Those were the good times! Not like now where you put your weapon away and pray if someone targets you

Deleted
    Damage taken increased would be nice for me as prot for smashing

Deleted
    OP says ''old''.
    People interpret (misinterpret) exactly ''how'' old.
    ?????
    Fun ensues.

PS, the version he mentions is the 1.x/2.x version (classic/tbc), where the warrior would crit with every attack and be immune to fear for 15 seconds, at the penalty of receiving 20% more damage.

30 minute cooldown as well. Ew.

10+ Year Old Account
    i think a lot of people have a different preference on recklessness

sometimes i dont mind the 30%/3min CD, but strongly prefer the 50%/5min CD, especially when you pop Recklessness when trinkets are procced and none of them crit. It's a little ridiculous.

its just funny

because it would be a much more interesting choice than picking out a talent in our healing tier half the fucking time lol

Edit: Also, it is really impractical for there to be anything Reckless about Recklessness. When there was increased damage taken on it, you needed a cancelaura macro so you wouldn't die in a smoke bomb. That's just the way it is, because plate armor = flour tortillas in this game.
    Last edited by Gandrake; 2013-04-26 at 11:06 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sinnermighty View Post
    Yeah I want it back on a 30 minute cooldown!
    yeah good old times

Quote Originally Posted by Grievuuz View Post
    OP says ''old''.
    People interpret (misinterpret) exactly ''how'' old.
    ?????
    Fun ensues.

PS, the version he mentions is the 1.x/2.x version (classic/tbc), where the warrior would crit with every attack and be immune to fear for 15 seconds, at the penalty of receiving 20% more damage.

30 minute cooldown as well. Ew.
    .. And it shared a cooldown with Retaliate and Shield wall.... Thank god we moved away from that horrid, horrid skillset.

Deleted
    This new version sucks balls for prot, woot 35% crit chance with reck up..? Doesnt feel too reckless.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Pickwickman View Post
    .. And it shared a cooldown with Retaliate and Shield wall.... Thank god we moved away from that horrid, horrid skillset.
    I still remember leveling in barrens, every 30 minutes I could pull 10 mobs and pop retaliation and feel like a GOD! Then i was back to being the gimp for 30 minutes, but during those 12 seconds I was an absolute beast!

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortalomena View Post
    This new version sucks balls for prot, woot 35% crit chance with reck up..? Doesnt feel too reckless.
    It´s more than enough to explode in terms of threat. Damage as a tank is nice to have, but I don´t think a damage ability should be designed to fit a protection specc. Pop Skullbanner, Bloodbath and Recklessness during the first moments of combat and ensure no mad enhancer/destro/fury will even scratch your threat.

Also, I defenitly don´t want the old recklessness back. It´s great how it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valech View Post
    Pop Skullbanner, Bloodbath and Recklessness during the first moments of combat and ensure no mad enhancer/destro/fury will even scratch your threat.
    We have 10% raidbuffed crit, with reck up it's 40% - so WHEN we crit we're miles adhead but unless we do so all those mad melee can come really close. Bloodbath won't help us with snap aggro, it takes a while to work it's wonder. Only thing which comforts skull banner is dragon roar but we regulary don't want to hit that right away because it scales so well with attackpower (vengeance, ho!) that we easily throw 50% of it's potential damage out of the window if we just delay it until the very end of our skull banner duration.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Is this about Prot damage is too low, cause we can´t take advantage of Recklessness or is this about our initial threat is too low? Because, I cannot see how Recklessness should be useful for us aside from more threat. Again, a damage ability shouldn´t be designed to fit a Protection specc. I do agree, that we might be a bit behind in terms of damage comparing to other tanks, but that surely is not a problem of Recklessness. What I would like is an increased threat-generation while Recklessness is running for Prot only.