Bold and spectacular plans.2

Ghostcrawler: We do have plans and we are actively (as in I was in a meeting on it yesterday) working on a plan. We don't want to share that plan until we are reasonably confident that it is going to work. We want to be clear that we don't think the experience for players on very low pop realms (which includes very imbalanced factions on otherwise active realms) is a good one. We want to solve it. (April 25, 2013)

Zarhym: Having said all that, yesterday we discussed low-population and faction-imbalanced realms with our developers. They have some pretty bold and spectacular plans for addressing this in anticipation of implementing some of the features we plan to in Mists. I just don't have a lot of information to share with you at this stage of programming and development. (February 2, 2012)

Deja vu.....
    Did you think we had forgotten? Did you think we had forgiven?

Just merge servers already...

10+ Year Old Account
    They can't just merge servers, as that would only solve the low population, but not the alliance/horde ratio. They'd need to be able to merge alliance or horde separately with other servers in order to solve unbalanced realms, which can't be done atm. Maybe they are working on something like that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzdoctor View Post
    They can't just merge servers, as that would only solve the low population, but not the alliance/horde ratio. They'd need to be able to merge alliance or horde separately with other servers in order to solve unbalanced realms, which can't be done atm. Maybe they are working on something like that?
    Maybe so, but the people on these dead realms have been waiting for over two years already for something. A server merge wouldn't fix everything, but it would actually allow some of the realms to actually field a 10 man raiding team.

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzdoctor View Post
    Merge alliance dominated servers with horde dominated servers?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not sure what your point is. CRZ was Zarhym's point. Now they're planning something new.

Could be a shared server setup that dynamically changes based on faction hmmmm.

I will believe it when I see it basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Noorri View Post
    I will believe it when I see it basically.
    This, they talk about wanting to fix these issues with dead realms and faction imbalance but it's been a little too long of a wait, so I'm just gonna wait and believe it when I see it for myself. These words are just words with no action at this point, they've stated many times in the past that they want to fix it and still cannot give us an idea of just what it is they have in mind. Whatever happened to those Watercooler articles?

Can either be cross realm AH people have been asking for (seeing that's one of the issues CRZ introduced)
    Perhaps some kind of gw2 approach with guesting on other servers without needing to be invited by someone of that server, joining mulitple guilds etc, The AH (black market) being region wide and not server based.

or finally some kind of merging of servers.

Could be a shared server setup that dynamically changes based on faction hmmmm.
    isn't that what we basically have now with CRZ? with the only restriction being its per battle group. instead of total EU or total US.