Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Technically, the blue dragonflight is already part of the Alliance.
    No it's not. In fact, the Blue Dragonflight as a group doesn't exist anymore. Kalec might align himself with Jaina and the Alliance, but the rest of the Blue dragons are off doing their own thing. It was well established in the Jaina novel that after Deathwing's defeat and the Aspects no longer being 'aspects', they'd lot purpose and been going off on their own.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    From the front page of Mmo-champion:

So they didn't add Ogres as a playable race because they didn't know how females should look? Do you think they will add them in the future expansion?
    Ogre women *shudders*

Quote Originally Posted by Aronaz View Post
    Looks fantastic, haha! Would definately play one of those.
    Hi-five to my fellow ogre bro. (Brogre?)
    "Let's see. There are monkeys that evolved into men and monkeys that didn't. Just as well, there are men that remained men and men that evolved into something else. Do you really think humans are the ultimate form of evolution? How arrogant."
    --Kakurine, Evil Zone for PS1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    Actually, how do a freaking female ogre look like? How the hell do they reproduce ?
    You jokin,have you seen this dance? Even i'd want his babies!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ixpBNgiRzU

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    SWToR, the Star Wars MMO is a great example of evolution. Try to compare storylines and aesthetics to older books and movies and you will notice how much it has been revamped and improved. Nostalgia factor is not necessarily satisfied by sticking to tradition.
    SWToR is hardly the reference one should use for "knocking one outta the MMO park" in any capacity. And there is a difference between "growing" the narrative and saying "screw everything old! Watch my new hotness!" and forgetting everything that made a story good in the first place. Lets say I write a new LotR book all about how the Shire is invaded by Alien Bug monsters from Space and the denizens of Middle Earth have to develop cybernetics and FTL drives to fight back. Now I may very well write the best damn "alien bug monster vs Cyborg elf" book in the history of ever, a cultural document as important to the future of humanity as the Magna Carta, but it would be a horrible LotR book no matter how big I put that name on the cover.
    That's what Lucas did, and that's what the lore purists are afraid of happening to Warcraft.
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

10+ Year Old Account
    Please. I really hope, Ogre, never becames a playable race. They dont fit in my mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Panszer View Post
    Please. I really hope, Ogre, never becames a playable race. They dont fit in my mind.

I can stand ogres, but I hope High Elves never, ever -- EVER become a playable race.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post

If Ogres and some other races are chosen over Ethereals, I'll crash my head into the keyboard and become a sad God of Death.

You don't want a sad God of Death. You will learn that my thousand faces can make thousand frownies and pouties and you will relent!

Seriously!

What isn't cool about..

That? D:
    I wouldn't want ethereals as they don't have enough customization. They're just ghosts wrapped in bandages with a rose tint. The only thing that would differentiate one from another is the gear they're wearing. With Ethereals everybody would look the same which is uber lame. I would rather want Ogre's, Arrakoa or Naga as a race then Ethereals. These race would have much more customizable features. Take Naga for example with their mutatuion stuff an d Ogres with their two headed versions and so on. I Especially would want Ogres, they're awesome and need more love I can't wait to see their new model. Look at Cho'gals model it looks amazing. WTB OGRES please. Heres my money blizz Lok'thar Ogar For The Horde!! I don't play wow anymore but If they would implement Ogres I would play this game nonstop and never quit again. I stopped since that joke called MoP >.> all the people who wouldn't want Ogres as a playable race are mostly Alliance obviously....

Infracted. Please, don't necro old threads. If it's a subject you like, you can refresh it in a newer (or even new) thread.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-09-27 at 07:44 PM.

Deleted
    Tbh, I feel no incentive to ever play a fat ogre. I'd rather they added naga or something cool.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    No thank you they look terrible and I surely don't want to see them running all over.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by The Glitch View Post
    Not a huge fan of the Ogre models in WoW, however if they were to make them a playable race it's safe to assume they would be much more detailed and finely tuned than current mob Ogre models.

I dunno though, nothing about Ogres really says *yes I want to play one* I wouldn't have anything against them as a playable race though as I know many folks want them. I just don't think it's a race I would play personally.
    Hey, anything better and more logical than Nagas.

Quote Originally Posted by Maytroll View Post
    Tbh, I feel no incentive to ever play a fat ogre. I'd rather they added naga or something cool.
    Me either. I'd definitely prefer Naga. However, lot's of people like playing fatties. Pandaren and their jiggly bellies have been quite popular.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Worgoblin View Post
    Me either. I'd definitely prefer Naga. However, lot's of people like playing fatties. Pandaren and their jiggly bellies have been quite popular.
    Yeah, i really like the idea of Nagas, but i also would love to play an Arakkoa, for some reason i love bird-like races

They considered it, and thankfully, decided against it.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, i really like the idea of Nagas, but i also would love to play an Arakkoa, for some reason i love bird-like races
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but... Naga will never be a playable race because they're not humanoid enough. They don't have legs. They don't meet the qualifications for being a playable race. Unless they somehow evolve legs they will never become playable, sorry.

Same with the Ethereals. They are not PHYSICALLY humanoid enough to become playable. Lorewise they would have a stupid advantage over any non-magical class.They don't have physical bodies, they are ETHEREALS for a reason.

People seem to want races only because of how 'cool' they look when they don't realize that they wouldn't make sense to the mythology.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Not impossible, but I wouldn't say likely.

Most likely.

What the fuck? The Arrakoa have no connection to the Alliance.

What the fuck? The Wolvar have no connection to the Alliance.

What the fuck? The Vrykul are enemies of the Alliance and actively despise Humans as their deformed children.

What the fuck? A historically neutral dragonflight joining with the Alliance?

What the fuck? A totally made up race?

What the fuck? The Ethereals have no connection to the Alliance.

Contrary to popular belief, you can't just make up or choose whatever shitty race you think is 'cool' to assume to be a future Alliance/Horde race. Guess what? Every playable race we have in game has been established since Warcraft 3 or further, so... Hate to be a big let-down, but they're not gonna implement some stupid weaboo fan-race with no prior lore backing, nor pick a race that has absolutely no history with the Alliance or Horde aside from one-off villains made to swell enemy ranks in an old expansion.
    I think if Mists is any indication it's the Blizzard wants to start innovating some new lore rather than solely relying on the Warcraft games. A new race doesn't need to have been from the RTS to be implemented. And quite frankly so long as Blizzard can write up some lore that makes sense it doesn't matter to me whether or not there's any prior history with the Horde. Neither Belfs nor Draenei had any history with their respective factions.

I'm actually quite a fan of an Arrakoa race (preferably for the Alliance.). They've got connections to the BL, but also may have some connection to the Old Gods (there's a bunch of them summoning an Old God in Outland) so they could provide a good lynchpin for those storylines. Furbolgs I wouldn't mind, but there'd be a lot of complaints about them being too similar to the Pandaren. High Elves I'd only like if they got a unique model from the Blood Elves. Ethereals should absolutely be neutral.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but... Naga will never be a playable race because they're not humanoid enough. They don't have legs. They don't meet the qualifications for being a playable race. Unless they somehow evolve legs they will never become playable, sorry.

Same with the Ethereals. They are not PHYSICALLY humanoid enough to become playable. Lorewise they would have a stupid advantage over any non-magical class.They don't have physical bodies, they are ETHEREALS for a reason.

People seem to want races only because of how 'cool' they look when they don't realize that they wouldn't make sense to the mythology.
    The Naga's tails are a non-issue. The only "problems" are armour and mounts. Armour is actually already programmed to wrap around their tails so no work is required there for Blizzard. For mounts they could go side-saddle. Other than that there's really no reason Naga can't be a playable race.

Same with Ethereals. You've got even less of an argument there because they're perfectly corporeal. What do you mean they'd have an advantage of non-magical classes? Are you telling me that melee classes couldn't kill the hundreds of Ethereal NPCs in Outland?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post

Actually..., no you're wrong, the nagas doesn't really need legs, their lasted model (that was added in cataclysm) fixed the boots and pants problems, the only problem they may have is how they would mount, but there are many ways to solve that

They also considered monkeys a playable race for Mists of Pandaria

15+ Year Old Account
    my money's on Ogres and Furbolgs for the next expansion.

the next expansion will very likely be about N'zoth and Azshara (two main villians who are lesser than the Burning Legion) Ogre Juggernauts can be a fine addition to Horde naval arsenal and Furbolgs live deep within Timbermaw Hold beneath Hyjal, which is speculalted to be linked to the Emerald Dream (so any attempt by N'zoth to corrupt the dream has a direct impact on the Furbolgs)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    my money's on Ogres and Furbolgs for the next expansion.

the next expansion will very likely be about N'zoth and Azshara (two main villians who are lesser than the Burning Legion) Ogre Juggernauts can be a fine addition to Horde naval arsenal and Furbolgs live deep within Timbermaw Hold beneath Hyjal, which is speculalted to be linked to the Emerald Dream (so any attempt by N'zoth to corrupt the dream has a direct impact on the Furbolgs)
    I don't think furbolgs will become playable for the moment... why? cause they are also a bear-like race just like the pandarens, so Blizzard would prefer to release a race a little more unique