Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, i really like the idea of Nagas, but i also would love to play an Arakkoa, for some reason i love bird-like races
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but... Naga will never be a playable race because they're not humanoid enough. They don't have legs. They don't meet the qualifications for being a playable race. Unless they somehow evolve legs they will never become playable, sorry.

    Same with the Ethereals. They are not PHYSICALLY humanoid enough to become playable. Lorewise they would have a stupid advantage over any non-magical class.They don't have physical bodies, they are ETHEREALS for a reason.

    People seem to want races only because of how 'cool' they look when they don't realize that they wouldn't make sense to the mythology.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Not impossible, but I wouldn't say likely.



    Most likely.



    What the fuck? The Arrakoa have no connection to the Alliance.



    What the fuck? The Wolvar have no connection to the Alliance.



    What the fuck? The Vrykul are enemies of the Alliance and actively despise Humans as their deformed children.



    What the fuck? A historically neutral dragonflight joining with the Alliance?



    What the fuck? A totally made up race?



    What the fuck? The Ethereals have no connection to the Alliance.


    Contrary to popular belief, you can't just make up or choose whatever shitty race you think is 'cool' to assume to be a future Alliance/Horde race. Guess what? Every playable race we have in game has been established since Warcraft 3 or further, so... Hate to be a big let-down, but they're not gonna implement some stupid weaboo fan-race with no prior lore backing, nor pick a race that has absolutely no history with the Alliance or Horde aside from one-off villains made to swell enemy ranks in an old expansion.
    I think if Mists is any indication it's the Blizzard wants to start innovating some new lore rather than solely relying on the Warcraft games. A new race doesn't need to have been from the RTS to be implemented. And quite frankly so long as Blizzard can write up some lore that makes sense it doesn't matter to me whether or not there's any prior history with the Horde. Neither Belfs nor Draenei had any history with their respective factions.

    I'm actually quite a fan of an Arrakoa race (preferably for the Alliance.). They've got connections to the BL, but also may have some connection to the Old Gods (there's a bunch of them summoning an Old God in Outland) so they could provide a good lynchpin for those storylines. Furbolgs I wouldn't mind, but there'd be a lot of complaints about them being too similar to the Pandaren. High Elves I'd only like if they got a unique model from the Blood Elves. Ethereals should absolutely be neutral.

    - - - Updated - - -

    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but... Naga will never be a playable race because they're not humanoid enough. They don't have legs. They don't meet the qualifications for being a playable race. Unless they somehow evolve legs they will never become playable, sorry.

    Same with the Ethereals. They are not PHYSICALLY humanoid enough to become playable. Lorewise they would have a stupid advantage over any non-magical class.They don't have physical bodies, they are ETHEREALS for a reason.

    People seem to want races only because of how 'cool' they look when they don't realize that they wouldn't make sense to the mythology.
    The Naga's tails are a non-issue. The only "problems" are armour and mounts. Armour is actually already programmed to wrap around their tails so no work is required there for Blizzard. For mounts they could go side-saddle. Other than that there's really no reason Naga can't be a playable race.

    Same with Ethereals. You've got even less of an argument there because they're perfectly corporeal. What do you mean they'd have an advantage of non-magical classes? Are you telling me that melee classes couldn't kill the hundreds of Ethereal NPCs in Outland?
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  3. #203
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,727
    Quote Originally Posted by Norgannon the Dreamweaver View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but... Naga will never be a playable race because they're not humanoid enough. They don't have legs. They don't meet the qualifications for being a playable race. Unless they somehow evolve legs they will never become playable, sorry.

    People seem to want races only because of how 'cool' they look when they don't realize that they wouldn't make sense to the mythology.
    Actually..., no you're wrong, the nagas doesn't really need legs, their lasted model (that was added in cataclysm) fixed the boots and pants problems, the only problem they may have is how they would mount, but there are many ways to solve that

  4. #204
    They also considered monkeys a playable race for Mists of Pandaria

  5. #205
    my money's on Ogres and Furbolgs for the next expansion.

    the next expansion will very likely be about N'zoth and Azshara (two main villians who are lesser than the Burning Legion) Ogre Juggernauts can be a fine addition to Horde naval arsenal and Furbolgs live deep within Timbermaw Hold beneath Hyjal, which is speculalted to be linked to the Emerald Dream (so any attempt by N'zoth to corrupt the dream has a direct impact on the Furbolgs)

  6. #206
    Scarab Lord Maxilian's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Dominican Republic
    Posts
    4,727
    Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    my money's on Ogres and Furbolgs for the next expansion.

    the next expansion will very likely be about N'zoth and Azshara (two main villians who are lesser than the Burning Legion) Ogre Juggernauts can be a fine addition to Horde naval arsenal and Furbolgs live deep within Timbermaw Hold beneath Hyjal, which is speculalted to be linked to the Emerald Dream (so any attempt by N'zoth to corrupt the dream has a direct impact on the Furbolgs)
    I don't think furbolgs will become playable for the moment... why? cause they are also a bear-like race just like the pandarens, so Blizzard would prefer to release a race a little more unique

  7. #207
    Ogres for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance! It's pure logic!


  8. #208
    Quote Originally Posted by manicwrath View Post
    Alliance in an awkward one, furbolgs? high elves? arakkoa? Wolvar? Vrykul?dragonkin? humanoid tol'vir? etherals?
    YES! YES PLEASE! I hate the Alliance so much, give them Cat-people to their Dog-people and make them hunt eachother all day while we take over Gilneas. DD

  9. #209
    Grunt Shariest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The city of mental problems and bridge-jumpers, Finland
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Ogres for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance! It's pure logic!
    Nope. High Elves are nearly extinct and rest of them are slowly spiraling to being wretched. (On Azeroth) It's pure logic :3

  10. #210
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Shariest View Post
    Nope. High Elves are nearly extinct and rest of them are slowly spiraling to being wretched. (On Azeroth) It's pure logic :3
    So that 1 boat of Goblins is legit. Or that 1 tribe of Trolls. Or the tiny faction of Blood Elves that arent dead yet. Or the non mutated gnomes who miraculously survived.

    Population hasnt ever been much of an issue.

  11. #211
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    So that 1 boat of Goblins is legit. Or that 1 tribe of Trolls. Or the tiny faction of Blood Elves that arent dead yet. Or the non mutated gnomes who miraculously survived.

    Population hasnt ever been much of an issue.
    Still, High Elves are going extinct.

    And you dont make a race playable when you are intending them to be gone.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

  12. #212
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    And you dont make a race playable when you are intending them to be gone.
    I dont think ive ever seen anyone suggest such a thing. They get dealt a lot of bad hands when it comes to the story but thats about it.

  13. #213
    Grunt Shariest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The city of mental problems and bridge-jumpers, Finland
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    So that 1 boat of Goblins is legit. Or that 1 tribe of Trolls. Or the tiny faction of Blood Elves that arent dead yet. Or the non mutated gnomes who miraculously survived.

    Population hasnt ever been much of an issue.
    When that rest is slowly dying, it kinda does get to be an issue

  14. #214
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Shariest View Post
    When that rest is slowly dying, it kinda does get to be an issue
    To put it like this, if they can pull pandas out their arse, HE's would be a breeze.

  15. #215
    Quote Originally Posted by Shariest View Post
    When that rest is slowly dying, it kinda does get to be an issue
    The rest isn't slowly dying though. The Silver Covenant represents the strongest the High Elves have been since the destruction of the Sunwell.
    Disclaimer: No I'm not Alliance. I reserve the right to bat for both factions thank you very much.


  16. #216
    Quote Originally Posted by Shariest View Post
    Nope. High Elves are nearly extinct and rest of them are slowly spiraling to being wretched. (On Azeroth) It's pure logic :3
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Still, High Elves are going extinct.

    And you dont make a race playable when you are intending them to be gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shariest View Post
    When that rest is slowly dying, it kinda does get to be an issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    The rest isn't slowly dying though. The Silver Covenant represents the strongest the High Elves have been since the destruction of the Sunwell.
    Do not forget that the High Elves still have a bastion in Greenwood, where they are regrouping and waiting for Alleria returns to lead them to glory along with the rest of the Alliance.


  17. #217
    Grunt Shariest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The city of mental problems and bridge-jumpers, Finland
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    To put it like this, if they can pull pandas out their arse, HE's would be a breeze.
    Panda's weren't that far stretched, i think some tinfoil-hatted people guessed them becoming the next race. Pandaren also fill the role of neutral starting faction and opened enough doors.

    With HE's it's actually just the ones in Dalaran that are safe, HE's are physically addicted to Arcane-magic, which limits their doings lore-wise way too much. HE's are among the races that currently has the least chance of getting to be playable... Sporeggar are more possible than High Elves :3 Not to mention that they are often described as being above the Horde-Alliance conflict. And if that wasn't enough, Alliance just failed negotiations with Belf's which most likely more than discouraged them to try more stubborn HE's

    Quote Originally Posted by Protar View Post
    The rest isn't slowly dying though. The Silver Covenant represents the strongest the High Elves have been since the destruction of the Sunwell.
    They nearly dwell in Arcane at Dalaran, and Kirin Tor might be able to provide some form of continuous-magic, so that they wouldn't dip too deep into withdrawal.

    And about the Greenwood. I didn't even know it existed :3 Good bit of lore. But the High Elves there might have suffered the same fate as the ones surrounding the Lodge. The place's destiny seems to be open. Exciting ;3
    Last edited by Shariest; 2013-09-28 at 08:24 PM. Reason: Multiple answers!

  18. #218
    Legendary! Tommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    6,173
    Quote Originally Posted by Shariest View Post
    Panda's weren't that far stretched, i think some tinfoil-hatted people guessed them becoming the next race. Pandaren also fill the role of neutral starting faction and opened enough doors.

    With HE's it's actually just the ones in Dalaran that are safe, HE's are physically addicted to Arcane-magic, which limits their doings lore-wise way too much. HE's are among the races that currently has the least chance of getting to be playable... Sporeggar are more possible than High Elves :3 Not to mention that they are often described as being above the Horde-Alliance conflict. And if that wasn't enough, Alliance just failed negotiations with Belf's which most likely more than discouraged them to try more stubborn HE's
    Eh not really the lore has been updated a bit. HE's are scattered throughout the human kingdoms and Dalaran, as well as being temporary refugees at the Sunwell which now satiates their addiction which they could control in the past regardless. The elves are probably one of the most influencial races in WoW and even though we have BE's I still feel theres a major gap.

    As for the negotiations, the HE's have always been with the Humans and they wont be leaving anytime soon, if anything they would be happy that negotiations with the BE's failed since they regard them as lesser beings. I dunno where your getting the story from but its not really that accurate, a few mins on wowwiki might get you back upto date.

  19. #219
    The Lightbringer slime's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    USA PA
    Posts
    3,639
    I can't pick out female Hozen either...

  20. #220
    Grunt Shariest's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    The city of mental problems and bridge-jumpers, Finland
    Posts
    13
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Eh not really the lore has been updated a bit. HE's are scattered throughout the human kingdoms and Dalaran, as well as being temporary refugees at the Sunwell which now satiates their addiction which they could control in the past regardless. The elves are probably one of the most influencial races in WoW and even though we have BE's I still feel theres a major gap.

    As for the negotiations, the HE's have always been with the Humans and they wont be leaving anytime soon, if anything they would be happy that negotiations with the BE's failed since they regard them as lesser beings. I dunno where your getting the story from but its not really that accurate, a few mins on wowwiki might get you back upto date.
    Took a 10-month-vacation from WoW for the first school year... So me lore could be a bit rusted. HE's being stubborn is something that i picked up from what i've read of em. (+ The Lor'Themar's story on the WoW's Lore section) But meh... They still feel too close to Blood Elves... But let's let the time tell :3

    Edit: Guess twice was it within the minute i send this that i remember the Sunwell-bit :/ Also, i've been using WoWpedia, which actually seems to be more lackluster in terms of lore :/ :/
    Last edited by Shariest; 2013-09-28 at 08:40 PM. Reason: Me,Dumbo, You up to date.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •