Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ...
    The Patient
    I would prefer they give us something new rather than a race we have already seen.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    Yeah, i really like the idea of Nagas, but i also would love to play an Arakkoa, for some reason i love bird-like races
    The arakkoa are awesome, and you can get an item that'll turn you into one for a bit in skettes I think its called.
    If you can't make fun of something, its probably not worth taking seriously.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Ogres for the Horde and High Elves for the Alliance! It's pure logic!
    Oh God not another one.

How about Ogres for the Alliance and High Elves for the Horde. Think of the advantages. The Alliance gets a big, chunky, ugly race that fills a niche they don't currently have, and given that the Elves are already Hordeside Blizzard is halfway there.

Ogres for the Alliance!

Quote Originally Posted by NoNamedPride View Post
    YES! YES PLEASE! I hate the Alliance so much, give them Cat-people to their Dog-people and make them hunt eachother all day while we take over Gilneas. DD
    I found leaked concept art of the female tol'vir.

Here it is.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post
    Do not forget that the High Elves still have a bastion in Greenwood, where they are regrouping and waiting for Alleria returns to lead them to glory along with the rest of the Alliance.

Northem you keep posting that link to Greenwood and I keep posting the link to www.fanfiction.net/game/warcraft

Greenwood doesn't exist.

It's your personal fantasy you are projecting onto the game.

Stop treating your fanfiction as canon. Let's treat my fiction as canon instead. The Great High Elf plague.

In the Great High Elf plague, a sickness befell all the remaining High Elves. All one hundred of them were struck down. And their unicorns. And they all keeled over and perished, even the Unicorns,except for Veressa because she is needed for future stories to give Jaina someone to hate the Horde with.

And that was the end of the High Elves.

So I can't understand why you talk about Greenwood, when as I've clearly pointed, all the High Elves suddenly and tragically died. You can't say it didn't happen. I believe so strongly that it did that it simply must be true, and I will treat it as canon from this point onwards.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    Northem you keep posting that link to Greenwood and I keep posting the link to www.fanfiction.net/game/warcraft

Greenwood doesn't exist.

It's your personal fantasy you are projecting onto the game.

Stop treating your fanfiction as canon. Let's treat my fiction as canon instead. The Great High Elf plague.

In the Great High Elf plague, a sickness befell all the remaining High Elves. All one hundred of them were struck down. And their unicorns. And they all keeled over and perished, even the Unicorns,except for Veressa because she is needed for future stories to give Jaina someone to hate the Horde with.

And that was the end of the High Elves.

So I can't understand why you talk about Greenwood, when as I've clearly pointed, all the High Elves suddenly and tragically died. You can't say it didn't happen. I believe so strongly that it did that it simply must be true, and I will treat it as canon from this point onwards.
    We KNOW there's a location in northern Lordaeron. We KNOW pre-Cata it was called Quel'thalas.

We don't know if it will become part of WoW and who lives there.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    We KNOW there's a location in northern Lordaeron. We KNOW pre-Cata it was called Quel'thalas.

We don't know if it will become part of WoW and who lives there.
    We know its not bastion of high elf civilisation.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Your proof?

You have none, just as the other guy has no proof it is. Until it is introduced into the game, we have to assume it could be a bastion of the BElves, the HElves, and the Undead.

Nobody knows what is there, but you're almost certainly right.

But our resident High Elf cheerleader in chief has projected his fantasy of a thriving High Elf colony where the Elves are real Elves, statues of Alliance hero Anasterian Sunstrider dot the streets (as Northem tells it, Anasterian the beloved is second only to Anduin Lothar himself in terms of how much he is loved by the Alliance. And all he did was send the minimum High Elf force to help the Alliance he felt he could get away with and left the Alliance upon the first half justifiable pretext he could find. Yeah, they were REALLY central to the Alliance back in the day) and unicorns prance merrily in the many green meadows the Scourge somehow missed in the middle of their genocide. As per Northem's vision, these High Elves do not mince, do not hold pride parades, and are all VERY strictly manly and noble. They aren't lascivious or sexually ambiguous like the Blood Elves (the last are references to genuine Northem statements. He thinks the Blood Elves are a bit too gay for his tastes).

Quote Originally Posted by Vren View Post
    Female ogres aren't very far from their male counterpart. Blizzard just likes to please the "we liek shinies" crowd (and yet somehow fem Worgen came out terrible).

This isn't my image, but the same concept I have of fem Ogres in my head. They would be wonderful as another neutral race.
    Perfect! That's amazing. Could you make the tits a little bigger though?
    Perfect example of why "community" forums are poisonous to the health of a development team. These developers are wasting hundreds of hours trying to stem the tide of incessant bitchery that would never, ever abate so long as these entitled, unfortunate human beings don't get their way.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Your proof?

You have none, just as the other guy has no proof it is. Until it is introduced into the game, we have to assume it could be a bastion of the BElves, the HElves, and the Undead.
    What you are proposing would be an asspull of century and would drain the little dignity this universe has down the lollore toilet.
    The common man is like a worm in the gut of a corpse, trapped inside a prison of cold flesh, helpless and uncaring, unaware even of the inevitability of its own doom.

I'm serious about Ogres though. If adding them to the game is so important, I really do think they'd offer more to the Alliance than to the Horde. After all, a race that used to be in the Alliance has switched sides, what would be wrong with Ogres pulling the same trick in reverse?

What you are proposing would be an asspull of century and would drain the little dignity this universe has down the lollore toilet.
    If I could upvote replies, I would upvote yours.

Is this like the worgen furry invasion all over again?

Anyway I always wondered what kind of person would have a desire to play as an... ogre. I'm not sure about other fictional universes, but in WoW's I don't quite get it. There seems to be some kind of vocal minority here that would like to do this, maybe one of you could tell me why? To me this seems like the 10 people that come into every thread and camaign for High Elves for the Alliance, when I'm pretty sure most of the player base would accuse Blizzard for being lazy with the alliance race for being just blood elves with blue eyes.

cmon blizz just make happend we dont care if females ogres are ugly the suppose to be like that we just want some ogressssss

Quote Originally Posted by balatro View Post
    My comment was really more of a passive aggressive statement regarding the over sexualization of the female gender within the game. The WoW playerbase is predominantly male so the designers in turn design females with as much T&A showing as possible, often in the form of two piece bikinis and other scantily clad clothing options.
    Not at all. WoW actually has way, way less sexualization of females than most other games in the genre (or any genre for that matter).

So here's what I did, I went to the WoW forums, and opened the armories of the first ten female toons I came across. Here they are.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...rcaitie/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Yquilla/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...%AClify/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oozelot/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...kiangel/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Waraila/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte.../Quorim/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...a/Fuuko/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...aurdeth/simple
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Delaini/simple

One out of ten is scantily clad. That's ten-percent. That percentage will get much, much lower as the number of toons looked at gets higher.

Take your feminist bullshit elsewhere please.

Gosh, I hope they don't add them as a playable race.

Quote Originally Posted by lavafoxx View Post
    The arakkoa are awesome, and you can get an item that'll turn you into one for a bit in skettes I think its called.
    Yep, i know that item, i have been trying to get it for a while with my priest, i have it in one of my characters (my hunter)
    Last edited by Maxilian; 2013-09-29 at 06:06 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by maxilian View Post
    I don't think furbolgs will become playable for the moment... why? cause they are also a bear-like race just like the pandarens, so Blizzard would prefer to release a race a little more unique
    Furbolgs are to Pandaren what Night Elves are to Blood Elves (not completely but nearly). Furbolgs are more feral and savage and have a closer connection to nature, their classes can be :

Druid, Death Knight (compensation for lack of Pandaren DKs, furbolgs unlike Pandaren were present on Azeroth when the Scourge hit so It's possible that a number of them became Death Knights.), Warrior, Hunter, Shaman, Monk, Priest.

Quote Originally Posted by banestalker View Post
    Furbolgs are to Pandaren what Night Elves are to Blood Elves (not completely but nearly). Furbolgs are more feral and savage and have a closer connection to nature, their classes can be :

Druid, Death Knight (compensation for lack of Pandaren DKs, furbolgs unlike Pandaren were present on Azeroth when the Scourge hit so It's possible that a number of them became Death Knights.), Warrior, Hunter, Shaman, Monk, Priest.
    Yeah i know, but i'm just pointing out that is really unlikely that Blizz will have 2 races that look alike without having at least 1 expansion in the middle