Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Jumbik View Post
    There is no need for female ogres. I would like just an option between one or two headed ogre. Females can remain mistery... There is no need for them. Its the same for female dwarwes.
    Speak for yourself. I love female dwarves, and OBVIOUSLY it would be pretty daft to not have females revealed, when males are out and helping the Horde...what? Female ogres are some sort of kitchen appliances for the male ogres, hidden in kitchens back at the ogre mound?

No.

That feeling when there's a new expansion out and you sit in a Garrison wondering what the hell to do because you are stuck on an entire continent like Timeless Isle, only with flightpaths to encourage afk travel coz "immersion".

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    From the front page of Mmo-champion:
    So they didn't add Ogres as a playable race because they didn't know how females should look? Do you think they will add them in the future expansion?
    No, they just said they went through with it up to the point of trying to figure out how Ogre females would look like. It doesn't mean that it WAS the cause for them abandoning the idea. Who knows, maybe the 'higher-ups' just had a better idea for a new race.

Quote Originally Posted by darrellmonks View Post
    I actually meant to say the Kalu'ak, my bad.

I don't think High Elves would be a problem. Blizz could give them a slightly different model etc.. I did say maybe :P

Just because blizz denied adding High Elves, it doesn't mean anything. I remember them saying we'd never have flying mounts in Azeroth, or the return of PvP titles.
    Won't go over high elves, as others already have, but the Kalu'ak have their own challenges. They are a neutral faction, and established lore actually has the tuskar aid in building Warsong Hold.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post
    Won't go over high elves, as others already have, but the Kalu'ak have their own challenges. They are a neutral faction, and established lore actually has the tuskar aid in building Warsong Hold.

Yeah, plus the fact that Tuskarr can't leave Northrend as they are bound to Northrend's temperature. Any different and they'll die.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Yeah, plus the fact that Tuskarr can't leave Northrend as they are bound to Northrend's temperature. Any different and they'll die.
    Say that to the Tuskarr in Pandaria.
    End SJW
    Quote Originally Posted by Lesane View Post
    I fucking hate this LGBT and gender equality shit invading video games.

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Speak for yourself. I love female dwarves, and OBVIOUSLY it would be pretty daft to not have females revealed, when males are out and helping the Horde...what? Female ogres are some sort of kitchen appliances for the male ogres, hidden in kitchens back at the ogre mound?

No.

Maybe there are no females or we have seen them and there are little to no differences.
    Beware of the man who works hard to learn something, learns it, and finds himself no wiser than before... He is full of murderous resentment of people who are ignorant without having come by their ignorance the hard way. -Kurt Vonnegut, "Cat's Cradle"
    "Not everything on the internet is true." -- Abraham Lincoln
    Good is the enemy of great.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    Say that to the Tuskarr in Pandaria.

They never elaborated on him. What I said is explicitly stated, and the only piece of evidence against that is the random Tuskarr.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    They never elaborated on him. What I said is explicitly stated, and the only piece of evidence against that is the random Tuskarr.
    There is one in horde shrine and kun lai is well. They seem to like warm climate after all. + Its not like retconing that tiny thing about them dying out of northrend will break the lore.

Quote Originally Posted by Grummgug View Post
    So when George Lucas has Star Wars evolve from "Empire Strikes Back" to "The Phantom Menace", you would defend that because things must evolve, and anyone who complains about the new direction are the problem because they are old school lore enthusiasts? You would defend the creation of Jar Jar Binks are new art and the next evolution of Star Wars, and anyone who dislikes Jar Jar is suffering from nostalgia perhaps?
    SWToR, the Star Wars MMO is a great example of evolution. Try to compare storylines and aesthetics to older books and movies and you will notice how much it has been revamped and improved. Nostalgia factor is not necessarily satisfied by sticking to tradition.

Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    From the front page of Mmo-champion:

So they didn't add Ogres as a playable race because they didn't know how females should look? Do you think they will add them in the future expansion?
    They did not say that. They said they got to the point of how females would look, they never said that stopped further development. Read the words actually said not the things you think are being said. This is why GC hates saying design things, people get the wrong end of the stick and run around screaming

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Well if you think about it ...

Trying to imagine a female ogre could give you some brain damage..
    No less than the female Worgen did.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Contrary to popular belief, you can't just make up or choose whatever shitty race you think is 'cool' to assume to be a future Alliance/Horde race. Guess what? Every playable race we have in game has been established since Warcraft 3 or further, so... Hate to be a big let-down, but they're not gonna implement some stupid weaboo fan-race with no prior lore backing, nor pick a race that has absolutely no history with the Alliance or Horde aside from one-off villains made to swell enemy ranks in an old expansion.
    A lot of this stems from Draenei being retconned into Lawful Good Eredar, which was totally out of left field. Although I must protest the bit about dragonkin being historically neutral, because the important word there is "historically." Technically, the blue dragonflight is already part of the Alliance. I would still agree that high or half elves is more likely. Sure, some people might complain if the Horde got a "new" race, but I think that sentiment would be significantly tempered if that race was... ogres.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

http://ogrila.org/ This site has been around in one form or another since before even WoW existed, and has changed and updated as the game has gone on. All in the support of playable ogres.
    I find it utterly laughable that people are having ZERO issues with android monks, cyborg dwarves, and shadow-warping gunplay assassins, but they throw absolute FITS if you suggest a timejumping tomboy might be gay or that a walking artillery-platform might self-identify as female.
    Apparently, the superintelligent jetpack gorilla from the Moon makes perfect sense, but chrono-displaced lesbians and transgender automatons is just ridiculous!

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosWolf View Post
    http://ogrila.org/ This site has been around in one form or another since before even WoW existed, and has changed and updated as the game has gone on. All in the support of playable ogres.
    Pretty cool website. I love the "create an ogre" option. Now I want Ogres even more in WoW :d

Quote Originally Posted by Justforthis123 View Post
    Well if you think about it ...

Trying to imagine a female ogre could give you some brain damage..

Your female ogre sounds cute. But I dont think the game need anything like that after MoP.

You could always make them wear burkas like lady Krogan.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I really would rather not see/imagine what a female Ogre would look like. plz thanks. I would take the goblins over the ogres as a playable race ANY day of the week. fuck put a gun up to my head asking me ogres or goblins and I would say: "time is money, friend".

If they were to ever add Ogres, I think a Burning Legion expansion would be the most appropriate time for them to do so.