Page 8 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The game would have been so much better if it wasn't for the old school lore enthusiasts. I mean, games and art evolve, while archetypes like ogres or other models in older Warcraft games are looking dull and ugly.
    Hear, hear!
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Deleted
    Ogres were an april fools IIRC, same with Wisps.

Quote Originally Posted by deviantcultist View Post
    The game would have been so much better if it wasn't for the old school lore enthusiasts. I mean, games and art evolve, while archetypes like ogres or other models in older Warcraft games are looking dull and ugly.
    So when George Lucas has Star Wars evolve from "Empire Strikes Back" to "The Phantom Menace", you would defend that because things must evolve, and anyone who complains about the new direction are the problem because they are old school lore enthusiasts? You would defend the creation of Jar Jar Binks are new art and the next evolution of Star Wars, and anyone who dislikes Jar Jar is suffering from nostalgia perhaps?

Bleh, Lucas was one dude with total control and a bunch of sycophants surrounding him, telling him every decisions he made was perfect. Wow's creative team is nothing like George Lucas.
    Every man is born as many men and dies as a single one

-Martin Heidegger

Quote Originally Posted by Insarius View Post
    People be like:
    Uuh, stupid kiddy shrek game, first panda's [who turned out amazing and the whole expansion is good.] now this shit? wtf blizzard
    if you make this kiddy shit i'll unsub!

Then afterwards a lot of people will have ogres and still play.
    I think you missed the point people were trying to make when calling pandas kid inspired.

Who is actually surprised?

This is how the design process works, you come up with bunch of idea's and you exclude them for some reason at some point.

Often the idea's that where played around during the design process get leaked somewhere in the middle, piss of some people till the company decides to put a stop to this (like the whole integrated CPU/motherboard form intel where people only learned half the truth)

Deleted
    I would personally love the horde to get Ogres. I'd probably never level one, but they'd be a great addition to the games variety and the suit the horde to the ground. Female ogres aren't hard to imagine at all.

Ogres could be Warriors, Warlocks, Mages, Shaman, Hunters, Monk?

The Alliance could get something like the Tu'anka or High Elves maybe?

Quote Originally Posted by darrellmonks View Post
    I would personally love the horde to get Ogres. I'd probably never level one, but they'd be a great addition to the games variety and the suit the horde to the ground. Female ogres aren't hard to imagine at all.

Ogres could be Warriors, Warlocks, Mages, Shaman, Hunters, Monk?

The Alliance could get something like the Tu'anka or High Elves maybe?
    Do you mean the Taunka? If so, they're allies of the Horde.

Also, Blizzard has pretty much explicitly denied adding high elves. Too little to distinguish them from the other elves.

3DS Friend Code: 0146-9205-4817. Could show as either Chris or Chrysia.

Well seeing as how Pandaren were suppose to be the Alliance race in Bc before Draenei I would say Ogers are definitely going to become playable at some point. I mean really what he said was the only thing that stopped them from releasing Ogers in Cata was the fact that they didn't have any real ground work for what the Females would look like.

I think its fair to say that they have had a good bit of time now to figure out what the Females might look like.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 04:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chrysia View Post

Also, Blizzard has pretty much explicitly denied adding high elves. Too little to distinguish them from the other elves.
    Blizzard has denied a lot of different idea's before but that hasn't stopped them from going back on those statements. So you never really know. Pandaren being multi-faction is something most people wouldn't have expected before MoP and actually makes something like High Elves more possible.
    Last edited by nyc81991; 2013-04-28 at 08:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Considering the artists they have working with them, I'm certain they could come up with a pretty good female Ogre form

No, the Taunka should never be anything but a Horde race. They are literally just Tauren from the North lol
    I think he was speaking more towards the second bit, about the High Elves.

The main issue with high elves is the overall idea of "identify by silhouette" has been one of the most consistent things about WoW. How do you make a high elf distinct from a night elf or blood elf?

Deleted

I actually meant to say the Kalu'ak, my bad.

I don't think High Elves would be a problem. Blizz could give them a slightly different model etc.. I did say maybe :P

Just because blizz denied adding High Elves, it doesn't mean anything. I remember them saying we'd never have flying mounts in Azeroth, or the return of PvP titles.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    Ah, I quoted before the bit about High Elves was added in, my bad

High Elves only really work as a sub-race in my opinion. As I said previously:

"At the most, I imagine Blizzard removing the "Night Elf" option and just making an "Elves" option. Then you get to pick from your desired sub-race. That's how High Elves would be playable. Having them as an entire race is quite silly, in my opinion. You might love them but I can promise the overwhelming response would be "WTF Blizzard?! Why do Alliance get Blood elves now?!" or "Do we need more Elves?!". It's sad but it's more likely to happen than you think."

And rightfully so. It would be shameful for Blizzard to basically re-use Blood Elves, make them a slight bit different look like High Elves, and call it a new race, as opposed to something new.

If anything, the best way to do it is to turn Blood Elves into a neutral race, and another Alliance race into a neutral race, and make them be one or the other depending on what faction you choose.

remain High Elves <--Alliance-- High Elves --Horde--> become Blood Elves.

Could even be a starting zone set in the past to go with it. Would be pretty sweet, and it wouldn't be advertised as "A BRAND NEW RACE".

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

No, the Taunka should never be anything but a Horde race. They are literally just Tauren from the North lol

I agree with that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nyc81991 View Post

I agree with that.
    My typo error has caused to much spam

Quote Originally Posted by Jumbik View Post
    There is no need for female ogres. I would like just an option between one or two headed ogre. Females can remain mistery... There is no need for them. Its the same for female dwarwes.
    Speak for yourself. I love female dwarves, and OBVIOUSLY it would be pretty daft to not have females revealed, when males are out and helping the Horde...what? Female ogres are some sort of kitchen appliances for the male ogres, hidden in kitchens back at the ogre mound?

No.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ganker View Post
    From the front page of Mmo-champion:
    So they didn't add Ogres as a playable race because they didn't know how females should look? Do you think they will add them in the future expansion?
    No, they just said they went through with it up to the point of trying to figure out how Ogre females would look like. It doesn't mean that it WAS the cause for them abandoning the idea. Who knows, maybe the 'higher-ups' just had a better idea for a new race.
    "Torturing someone is not an evil thing to do if it is done for good reasons" by Varodoc
    "You sit in OG/SW waiting on a Mythic+ queue" by Altmer <- Oh, the pearls in this forum...
    "They sort of did this Dragonriding, which ushered in the Dracthyr race." by Teriz <- the BS some people reach for their narratives...

Quote Originally Posted by darrellmonks View Post
    I actually meant to say the Kalu'ak, my bad.

I don't think High Elves would be a problem. Blizz could give them a slightly different model etc.. I did say maybe :P

Just because blizz denied adding High Elves, it doesn't mean anything. I remember them saying we'd never have flying mounts in Azeroth, or the return of PvP titles.
    Won't go over high elves, as others already have, but the Kalu'ak have their own challenges. They are a neutral faction, and established lore actually has the tuskar aid in building Warsong Hold.

Won't go over high elves, as others already have, but the Kalu'ak have their own challenges. They are a neutral faction, and established lore actually has the tuskar aid in building Warsong Hold.

Yeah, plus the fact that Tuskarr can't leave Northrend as they are bound to Northrend's temperature. Any different and they'll die.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    Yeah, plus the fact that Tuskarr can't leave Northrend as they are bound to Northrend's temperature. Any different and they'll die.
    Say that to the Tuskarr in Pandaria.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Rorcanna View Post
    Speak for yourself. I love female dwarves, and OBVIOUSLY it would be pretty daft to not have females revealed, when males are out and helping the Horde...what? Female ogres are some sort of kitchen appliances for the male ogres, hidden in kitchens back at the ogre mound?

No.

Maybe there are no females or we have seen them and there are little to no differences.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."