Best burst ability?

Hello! I'm a bit new to warrior and i'm curious on when im in arenas and im popping all my cds and have 5 OP stacks up, should I just spam OP or still go with MS ?

Using Overpower during Recklessness unless necessary is a huge loss of damage. It's better to get full rage and get 4 Slams in Colossus Smash.
    Last edited by Nihe; 2013-04-26 at 01:58 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    MS damage is superior to Overpower damage, and of course even moreso inside of Colossus Smash.
    Do not worry about if you cannot generate OP's due to being capped. If for some reason MS is up and OP is capped, use MS for the rage generation.

Deleted
    This is actually something I've been wondering (only dinged 90 with my warr alt today).

So I should use MS on cooldown and spam Slam when CS is up on the target, right?

So OP I use whenever it's up (aside from the Slamspam inside CS). What about HS? Is it still a rage dump? Wouldn't Slam be a better rage dump?

Deleted
    You simply want to use MS on cooldown because it generates rage and can procc enrage (chance on even more rage plus 10% more damage), there's basically no reason to delay it - it will come off cooldown in a matter of seconds again anyway. Heroic strike is off gcd so it's decent ability as rage dump, slam isn't to appealing outside of reck.

Quote Originally Posted by Nihe View Post
    Using Overpower during Recklessness unless necessary is a huge loss of damage. It's better to get full rage and get 4 Slams in Colossus Smash.
    That's the entire problem, you can't compare x slam to x overpower. There's a huge difference in a) rage cost and b) b) execute time. If you just use slam if there's nothing else to push you'll still do fine (= ~ 98% area if both played perfectly) and it greatly decreases the amount of time you have to think about your play (giving you more time to play along, watching out for mechanics or leading a raid etc).

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    With CS up you want to be in beserk stance and just slam away until MS is on cooldown. (providing you have enough rage)

Quote Originally Posted by Anium View Post
    With CS up you want to be in beserk stance and just slam away until MS is on cooldown. (providing you have enough rage)
    God no. Unless you are taking extreme damage, you don't want to be in berserker stance. And in PvP if you are taking damage, go def stance. Examples of times to swap stances to zerker: Quills on Ji'kun, (possibly, haven't personally tested) Execute phase on Kazrajin on council, right before tortos' stomp, Rampage on Megaera, ect.

15+ Year Old Account
    Outside ORG sending your children down the mines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buhrag View Post
    God no. Unless you are taking extreme damage, you don't want to be in berserker stance. And in PvP if you are taking damage, go def stance. Examples of times to swap stances to zerker: Quills on Ji'kun, (possibly, haven't personally tested) Execute phase on Kazrajin on council, right before tortos' stomp, Rampage on Megaera, ect.
    sorry meant battle, and we're talking about pvp. with cd's up slam is what you want to be smashing...

A small tip to increase your burst:

You can fit 5 styles in a CS if done right as long as you use 3x OP + 2 styles and use one of those two styles to end the sequence. 2 examples: CS MS 3x OP MS or CS OP MS 2x OP Slam.

Just use your cds whenever you feel it'll land you the kill.