Deleted

[weak auras] Dynamic group question

I'm creating a raid cooldowns tracker (so far quite successfully) the thing is:

Im having multiple auras that fire if the player is in raid and G1 and G2 (G3+ is used for backups and replaces)

so, if the player is in G1 and G2, and I have a tracker for one of his CD's it will show up.

I have grouped it before with "regular" group, yet since it lacks the dynamic thing, every aura has a specific location and therefore, if X player is not in the group, a gap will be created in the spot where should be "his" CD.

with dynamic grouping i can keep the bars stacked and its easier to see what CD's "we" have ready.

question is... since I'm sorting it and i need more than just 1 line/row I ask the question:

If i use dynamic groups, all the auras will be stored in a single line/row or can I create 2 line/columns? (if so, how can I do it?) or do I need a 2nd dynamic group for the 2nd line/row?

thanks a lot!
    Magralho

You need a second group.
    A dynamic group will only expand horizontally or vertically to fit displays in between others.
    It will not do both.

It would be possible using animations and custom functions for auras in a static group but it would be 1.5 metric assloads of code and certainly not worth the effort.
    The two groups approach makes more sense.

Deleted
    thanks a lot!

you have been awsome!

another thing if I may

I'm now struggling with a %c

currently I have 2 triggers GROUP_ROOSTER_UPDATE and COMBATLOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED

with those I can track whenever the group has been changed so I can "show"/"hide" available CD's accordingly and track whenever the target player has used his cooldown or whatnot.

yet now i have some sort of thing.

the weakaura is a bar, and one of the text i have is a "%C" mainly because i want it to track either the cooldown of the spell from that player OR, if the cooldown is ready to use, display the word "READY!"
    thing is... that %C needs a trigger update, and the 2 options that it shows it "Every Frame" or "On Trigger Update"

sadly "On Trigger Update" might be a little to floppy and create a uneven timer, and yet, "Every Frame", even since I'm playing only 30 fps I feel that its too much and drawing resources that are not needed just for a simple time tracker.

any option on a good trigger that happens every second so I can use "On Trigger Update" and feel safe? ( I was thinking about UNIT_POWER since I'm a healer and im always updating my mana but if you have a better idea)

Thanks!

Kliker

>GROUP_ROOSTER_UPDATE

ahem.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Machinelf View Post
    >GROUP_ROOSTER_UPDATE

ahem.
    sorry mate... didn't quite follow you there... mind explaining? please?
    thanks!

Deleted
    His point is that it should be "ROSTER", I assume.

What I assumed too.
    It being ROSTER rather than ROOSTER.

Which is one of these things.

Deleted
    LOL, yeah! bad typing... in WA is correct though LOL

sorry, english is not my native language =) ( at this point this is a given... /shame)

thanks for the input?

anyone that ca trow a event that flags every second or so for my %c issue? :P thanks!