Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Azeroth Quests and Environment will change after MoP? Cata analogue.

Hello everybody.
    We all know that we are dealing Garrosh in 5.4. But we dont know what will happen to Warchief of the Horde, we kill him , enslave or he flees. One is for sure we will overthrow him. After Garrosh being no Warchief of the Horde lots of quests must change in many Lands of Azeroth especially Kalimdor. There are some obvious changes that will come (imo) :

1. Stonetalon Mountains - We will have no Krom'gar army and its Ranks because it would be outrageously silly if we see Garrosh knocking Krom'gar from Elevator bridge again ! So no Garrosh no Krom'gar = Totally new quests.
    2. Ashenvale Forest - here we see Kor'kron in War with Sentinels - another Garrosh issue. I know lot of Horde players will disagree with that but still I will say it. These war in Ashenvale will diminish after Garrosh dies because it is considered to be Night elven territory. Horde will continue to cut his lumber there but there will be changes on map. War that is between Horde and Alliance there will no longer be. It will be more like pre Cata situation there.
    3. Twilight Highlands - Garrosh appearing there too many times.
    4. Azshara - Garrosh issue again.
    5. Silverpine Forest - I guess Sylvanas and Garrosh Talk would be "not logical".
    6. And in Orgrimmar we will have new Warchief!! Yay !
    And if these 5 things change in Azeroth why dont other maps like Mount Hyjal or Gilneas Questline change ?
    Your Thoughts?
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

10+ Year Old Account
    I think they will leave it as it is, at least for now. It also doesn't make sense to see the Lich King popping up all over Northrend but when you are in Northrend, you are in "WotLK time", essentially you go back several years. The same rule will apply to Eastern Kingdoms and Kalimdor. Yeah it doesn't make a lot of sense, but if they reworked lore inconsistencies every time it was necessary we would have a LOT less new content and a lot more reworked old content just for the sake of things making chronological sense.

The devs talked about this last night. They said they don't want to spend so much development time redoing old zones again because it means less new stuff.

Older zones will be left in the past, just like Outland and Northrend.

Deleted
    1.Leave everything including garrosh as warchief during leveling as it is.
    2.Add a level 90 quest where the events of Seige of Orgrimmar are explained.
    3.Phase in new warchief in Grommash Hold.
    4.????
    5.Profit.

This way it would still make a little sense.

Of course, while it is a simple solution, it would be silly to expect blizzard to do this.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing is that Azeroth is not old map. We live in Azeroth and we see every new change. Like we saw Mount hyjal change or Twilight Highlands.

Northrend and Outland is different issue. They were part of expansion, like Pandaria. These lands will never change, but Kalimdor and Azeroth is different every event that happans there we participate. There was no expansion where we didnt returned to Azeroth. TBC - Sunwell, WOLTK - Orgrimmar attack, Battle for undercity, Pandaria - last 2 patches in Azeroth, Cata - it was Azeroth X-pac .

And theres BIG difference between Lich King popping out and Garrosh popping out. He is/was Faction Leader, A Warchief of the Horde ! that would be a Shame if Blizzard left this big stain for Horde players.

It's a time line, the quests wont change. Blizzard already acknowledged its a fucked up time line but they can't do much to it.

It goes cataclsym - burning - wrath - cataclsym - mists. Garrosh will probably still be warcheif for anyone who isn't 90.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah but they changed that once when they launched CATA it was pretty awesome feeling to do all the new quests.

10+ Year Old Account
    How did you come to that conclusion? They said the exact opposite last night, that these old zones wouldn't be changing gameplay-wise.

Lore-wise is another issue though. Kosak said the Horde would be out of Ashenvale as far as lore is concerned, but that it won't be reflected in-game because it's an important leveling zone for little Hordies.

It won't make any sense, but WoW's world has always been largely static.

10+ Year Old Account
    I havent read Yesterdays chat but still will Garrosh be a good memory when they see him in StM or in TwH ? I dont think so. He was a Villain. That should be changed at least that 4 zones.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    I havent read Yesterdays chat but still will Garrosh be a good memory when they see him in StM or in TwH ? I dont think so. He was a Villain. That should be changed at least that 4 zones.
    Those zones exist in a time bubble though. Just like when we quest through Northrend, the Lich King is still in power and shows up every now and then to do his thing. When we quest through Stonetalon, Garrosh is still in power and waging an ill-fated war against the Alliance.

At most I think they'll make changes to Orgrimmar and its immediate surroundings (as well as altering the "go see Garrosh" quests), if only to better accommodate the new Warchief.

Yeah but they changed that once when they launched CATA it was pretty awesome feeling to do all the new quests.
    Yea they changed it and it took the entire expansion.

So unless they are gonna do that again (which they openly said they won't) it's not gonna happen.

The best bet is they do phasing again, which they said they try to do less of now.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ispamx View Post
    I think they will leave it as it is, at least for now. It also doesn't make sense to see the Lich King popping up all over Northrend but when you are in Northrend, you are in "WotLK time", essentially you go back several years.
    No that's why they ended ICC the way they did, the lich king you see levelling is now "supposed" to be Bolvar

Older zones have always been considered "the past". That being said, they don't have to touch a single thing, because all they can say that it is in the past. However, they could phase the Kor'kron out of the zone when the player hits 90, like the Barrens.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 07:51 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    No that's why they ended ICC the way they did, the lich king you see levelling is now "supposed" to be Bolvar
    No, it's Arthas Menethil of Lordaeron. And Khadgar is still in Shattrath, and Illidan is still alive in Outland.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mortis Darkskull View Post
    1st south park garots... now happy garots... next one must be overdramatic seinen manga garots...
    Best of 5 years!

Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Ya Arthas is Bolvar they look so much alike. Also Illidan post TBC is really Akama

10+ Year Old Account
    Hmm... I have read that part where kosak talka abot changing zones and i can say that he said nothing like we are not changing old zones he said that ashenvale will be left as it is whats the good in night elves standing there and dancing same was said about gilneas. (cant agree on gilneas but ok) .he said that chaning zonea is open iasue. No such thing oh it was crap what have we done in cata why did we changed zone omg, no. So stll think they gonna change that

10+ Year Old Account
    I think what blizzard assumes from a lot of players, is we see wow's zones as inconsequential and once we do it, we stop giving a shit about those zones.

The argument often seems to be theres little point in doing anything with old zones if once we complete it we won't be returning to them.

And yet, blizzard catches themselves on this notion to, as they do things like throw kor'kron outposts over the barrens in coordination with the current storyline in wow, meaning we're meant to pay attention to whats happening in the barrens in the coming patch.

If it matters so much in one respect of us being involved in whats happening in an old zone like the barrens, or going into orgrimmar to fight Garrosh, why then do other zones become so unimportant? The answer is they don't, not to the players. People want to see story progression in zones like ashenvale, barrens, mulgore, redridge and silverpine, but these zones get let to root well other zones develop along.. and so the time of events occuring becomes disjointed.

If they had more people on board developing the story in zones along, even on a small basis to show the story moving along to go with the current story, it could feel like a consistent arch instead of a disjointed mess.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Your Thoughts?
    They would have to redo almost the complete old world again in order for continuity sake. They won't waste that much time so you can bet on an inconsistant storyline.

You will still see all the storylines regarding Garrosh, Deathwing, the war, etc. They won't have the time to patch up the story because it's so ingrained in everything. They would have to make a Cataclysm #2 in order to fix things again.

10+ Year Old Account
    And if they changed continent landacape and quests for entire expansion back then now they need to change it because lots of things have changed and game looks old graphic wise too. Dalaraan has new location there is no theremore these 5 lands need to change some few things like hyjal needs to change. Azeroth is changeing constantly outland and northrend is not that the difference

Deleted
    I've made a thread about this some time ago

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...main-Warchief?

I'm still not sure if it'll feel right when we kill Garrosh and replace him.

Meh - this is why they need to make new stories that don't affect the old ones. I wonder if they ever think about that when coming up with new ideas.