Page 1 of 2
1
2
LastLast
  1. #1
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IN A PICKLE
    Posts
    4,399

    It's getting to be that time again...

    Just saw on the launcher, "Downloading data for an upcoming patch"

    So, what are we thinking, May 7th?

    Is anyone else upset that, with release in sight, the Alliance portion of 5.3 is blatantly unfinished?

  2. #2
    i havent seen our heard patch 5.3 release date yet.

  3. #3
    Don't give a fuck about the alliance.

    New patch means Item upgrades and Hunter buffs which is all that matters.

  4. #4
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Okay just whine about it on THERE forums and they will fix it no really they will do it aka voljin's dialogue or that one panda's dialogue.

  5. #5
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,523
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Just saw on the launcher, "Downloading data for an upcoming patch"

    So, what are we thinking, May 7th?

    Is anyone else upset that, with release in sight, the Alliance portion of 5.3 is blatantly unfinished?
    Ya know, it's funny, because I've read the responses from other Alliance players and a numerous amount of them ENJOY where the story is going.

    But, hey, you can't please everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  6. #6
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Just saw on the launcher, "Downloading data for an upcoming patch"

    So, what are we thinking, May 7th?

    Is anyone else upset that, with release in sight, the Alliance portion of 5.3 is blatantly unfinished?
    I've seen assets go on the downloader more than 6 weeks before the patch went live before now.
    Intel i5 2500K (4.5 GHz) | Asus Z77 Sabertooth | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP 1600MHz | Gigabyte Windforcex3 HD 7950 | Crucial M4 128GB | Crucial M550 256GB | Asus Xonar DGX | Samson SR 850 | Zalman ZM-Mic1 | Western Digital Caviar Black 2000GB | Noctua NH-U12P SE2 | Fractal Design Arc Midi | Corsair HX650

    Tanking with the Blessing of Kings - The TankSpot Guide to the Protection Paladin - Updated for Patch 5.4!

  7. #7
    the sooner the better imo, the dailys from 5.2 was over far to quickly imo.. whould have enjoyed them more if the gates were unlcoked fromr eputation and not from server progress.. as it is now i was exalted be4 stage 2 was done.. and after that the incentive to do dailys lowers significantly.

  8. #8
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IN A PICKLE
    Posts
    4,399
    Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    i havent seen our heard patch 5.3 release date yet.
    Nobody has, this is speculation based on the Launcher downloading the patch and a handy-dandy list of "Days that are Tuesday".

    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Ya know, it's funny, because I've read the responses from other Alliance players and a numerous amount of them ENJOY where the story is going.

    But, hey, you can't please everyone.
    Absolutely not, it's impossible to please everyone. Which is why it's fairly clear Blizzard isn't trying to please the Alliance.

    I defy anybody to do the Alliance and Horde quest lines on the PTR and to walk away genuinely thinking even a quarter of the effort was put into the Alliance line. I don't mind where the story is going-- that's fine. I despise the way we're getting there and our tangentia-at-best involvement.

  9. #9
    Herald of the Titans Adoxe's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Temple of Karabor
    Posts
    2,567
    Well if we would follow the MoP patch pattern then yeah it would be May 7th, but I guess we just have to wait and see, personally I'm going with May 7th aswell.

  10. #10
    Elemental Lord Destil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Kanda's House
    Posts
    8,523
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Nobody has, this is speculation based on the Launcher downloading the patch and a handy-dandy list of "Days that are Tuesday".



    Absolutely not, it's impossible to please everyone. Which is why it's fairly clear Blizzard isn't trying to please the Alliance.

    I defy anybody to do the Alliance and Horde quest lines on the PTR and to walk away genuinely thinking even a quarter of the effort was put into the Alliance line. I don't mind where the story is going-- that's fine. I despise the way we're getting there and our tangentia-at-best involvement.
    ......

    You're joking right.

    You really think they're not trying.

    Alright. Not even going to bother debating this then since your mind's made up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Mike Morhaine's definitely been using his body to sell copies of WoW.
    Writer and journalist for Adventures In Poor Taste (http://www.adventuresinpoortaste.com/)

  11. #11
    Herald of the Titans Asmodias's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Pacific Northwest
    Posts
    2,545
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Just saw on the launcher, "Downloading data for an upcoming patch"

    So, what are we thinking, May 7th?

    Is anyone else upset that, with release in sight, the Alliance portion of 5.3 is blatantly unfinished?
    Your last statement... "Blatantly Unfinished". Can you prove that it's actually unfinished? Or are you simply hurt that the Alliance doesn't get the story you and other members of the Alliance want?

    As a game designer, when I see people throw out statements like this... It hurts... It shows me you can't tell the difference between story arc decisions and actual unfinished content. Also, if I may point out... Look at the Warlock Fel Fire quest. It was pushed back presumable because it wasn't done yet. Blizzard may release content that has bugs, but they don't tend to release unfinished content.

    I might also advise that you read the Live Q&A session that was conducted yesterday. It will give you insight on where the story is going for the Alliance. It may not help in your mind, but at least you will understand where Blizzard is coming from and it will save you from the ridicule of making the statement you have made.


    Uber Casual | Avatar and Signature by Shyama

  12. #12
    Stood in the Fire
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    Wisconsin
    Posts
    363
    Things like textures and models take time to download, but at least some of them have to be nailed down by now even if they're still another month from the patch release. It would be hard to guess how close they are to release of a patch based entirely on when they have something we can preemptively download.

  13. #13
    The Lightbringer Tharkkun's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Location
    Minnesnowta
    Posts
    3,449
    Artwork rarely changes so they can pre-load that via the downloader well in advance. The rest of the files can and will change drastically over the life of the PTR.

  14. #14
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IN A PICKLE
    Posts
    4,399
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    As a game designer, when I see people throw out statements like this... It hurts... It shows me you can't tell the difference between story arc decisions and actual unfinished content. Also, if I may point out... Look at the Warlock Fel Fire quest. It was pushed back presumable because it wasn't done yet. Blizzard may release content that has bugs, but they don't tend to release unfinished content.




    "Temp" stamped onto a doodad in the Alliance shrine-- Unfinished.
    The right door is on backwards-- Unfinished.

    I can see how, as Horde, you wouldn't think they release unfinished content. Go try playing through the Worgen starting zone. You're winning the war until at the very last second you retreat immediately after destroying the Orc's invading forces and decimating their fleet. The plot, however, continues on into Shadowpine, and the Alliance aren't allowed to see it.

    Maybe "unfinished" is a bad word. They ran out of time, and they wrote in a finish far earlier than would have made sense.

    This isn't meant to be an Alliance versus Horde thread, but anyone who has done both lines on the PTR and argues that the Alliance isn't getting totally boned is being dishonest with themselves for the sake of fanboyism.

  15. #15
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Ya know, it's funny, because I've read the responses from other Alliance players and a numerous amount of them ENJOY where the story is going.

    But, hey, you can't please everyone.
    Where are those people?

  16. #16
    The Unstoppable Force N-aix's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Dota 2 24/7 / Dark Souls II
    Posts
    21,557
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Where are those people?
    Do you not read there forums? There's plenty of them their and I do mean that lol

  17. #17
    Old God Nindoriel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Germany
    Posts
    10,678
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Your last statement... "Blatantly Unfinished". Can you prove that it's actually unfinished? Or are you simply hurt that the Alliance doesn't get the story you and other members of the Alliance want?

    As a game designer, when I see people throw out statements like this... It hurts... It shows me you can't tell the difference between story arc decisions and actual unfinished content. Also, if I may point out... Look at the Warlock Fel Fire quest. It was pushed back presumable because it wasn't done yet. Blizzard may release content that has bugs, but they don't tend to release unfinished content.

    I might also advise that you read the Live Q&A session that was conducted yesterday. It will give you insight on where the story is going for the Alliance. It may not help in your mind, but at least you will understand where Blizzard is coming from and it will save you from the ridicule of making the statement you have made.
    Blizzard has released unfinished content numerous times. Vanilla was full of unfinished stuff. Cataclysm had a lot of unfinished stuff. Well, it feels unfinished. You can argue that it isn't, that it's just the way Blizzard intended it, but I think the argument being made here is that it feels unfinished.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 06:05 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Do you not read there forums? There's plenty of them their and I do mean that lol
    All I'm seeing is Alliance complaing and Horde telling the Alliance to stop QQing. Also: switch their and there.

  18. #18
    yes sometimes the alliance gets boned, the things in your shrine are bogus, and even though I am a staunch Hordie, I have played through the worgen starting zone and it bothers me immensely that the worgen go to darkshore, instead of having the start being phased and then having Gilneas as a 12-20 zone to continue the story. But right now you can't really say the Alliance is getting boned, its a horde focused story, you think its bad your plot lines are more in depth, i think its annoying that they chose a Horde leader to be the bad guy. Why not an alliance person? But it just happens.

    It just seems like alliance players like to whine. For example the "Darkspear Revolutionary" title complaints are ridiculous. That title works for both sides, because you helped out during the revolution that was being lead by the Darkspear. If an englishman helped out during the French Revolution, he would still be called a French Revolutionary, it doesn't mean he is actually french, it just means he was there during a revolution headed by the french.

    OT: Idk May 7th seems a lil early, but then again I don't remember exact patch launches on a time table. So it might work, I just feel like there's no way enough people have finished Wrathion stuff from this patch yet. I've run LFR for 3 weeks now with the quest and only have 1 stone. I'd say mid to late may

  19. #19
    Scarab Lord Viridiancity's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    IN A PICKLE
    Posts
    4,399
    Update:

    As per this thread... Soon.


    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We are releasing some of the data for the upcoming 5.3 patch.

    This download will be about 280 MB (this may vary depending on the language packs you have installed).

    We expect the 5.3 patch to be released within the next few weeks.

  20. #20
    Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post
    Update:

    As per this thread... Soon.


    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We are releasing some of the data for the upcoming 5.3 patch.

    This download will be about 280 MB (this may vary depending on the language packs you have installed).

    We expect the 5.3 patch to be released within the next few weeks.
    Sweet, that means you weren't that far off then in your estimate. Also means I don't have to try to balance keeping my valor as close to 3k as possible whilst not over-capping for much longer.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •