Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

It's getting to be that time again...

Just saw on the launcher, "Downloading data for an upcoming patch"

So, what are we thinking, May 7th?

Is anyone else upset that, with release in sight, the Alliance portion of 5.3 is blatantly unfinished?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    i havent seen our heard patch 5.3 release date yet.

Don't give a fuck about the alliance.

New patch means Item upgrades and Hunter buffs which is all that matters.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Okay just whine about it on THERE forums and they will fix it no really they will do it aka voljin's dialogue or that one panda's dialogue.

Quote Originally Posted by ViridianCC View Post

Is anyone else upset that, with release in sight, the Alliance portion of 5.3 is blatantly unfinished?
    Ya know, it's funny, because I've read the responses from other Alliance players and a numerous amount of them ENJOY where the story is going.

But, hey, you can't please everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

I've seen assets go on the downloader more than 6 weeks before the patch went live before now.

the sooner the better imo, the dailys from 5.2 was over far to quickly imo.. whould have enjoyed them more if the gates were unlcoked fromr eputation and not from server progress.. as it is now i was exalted be4 stage 2 was done.. and after that the incentive to do dailys lowers significantly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemerus View Post
    i havent seen our heard patch 5.3 release date yet.
    Nobody has, this is speculation based on the Launcher downloading the patch and a handy-dandy list of "Days that are Tuesday".

Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post
    Ya know, it's funny, because I've read the responses from other Alliance players and a numerous amount of them ENJOY where the story is going.

Absolutely not, it's impossible to please everyone. Which is why it's fairly clear Blizzard isn't trying to please the Alliance.

I defy anybody to do the Alliance and Horde quest lines on the PTR and to walk away genuinely thinking even a quarter of the effort was put into the Alliance line. I don't mind where the story is going-- that's fine. I despise the way we're getting there and our tangentia-at-best involvement.

Well if we would follow the MoP patch pattern then yeah it would be May 7th, but I guess we just have to wait and see, personally I'm going with May 7th aswell.

Nobody has, this is speculation based on the Launcher downloading the patch and a handy-dandy list of "Days that are Tuesday".

Absolutely not, it's impossible to please everyone. Which is why it's fairly clear Blizzard isn't trying to please the Alliance.

I defy anybody to do the Alliance and Horde quest lines on the PTR and to walk away genuinely thinking even a quarter of the effort was put into the Alliance line. I don't mind where the story is going-- that's fine. I despise the way we're getting there and our tangentia-at-best involvement.

You're joking right.

You really think they're not trying.

Alright. Not even going to bother debating this then since your mind's made up.
    Quote Originally Posted by Princess Kenny View Post
    Avocado is a tropical fruit , south seas expansion confirmed.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Things like textures and models take time to download, but at least some of them have to be nailed down by now even if they're still another month from the patch release. It would be hard to guess how close they are to release of a patch based entirely on when they have something we can preemptively download.

15+ Year Old Account
    Artwork rarely changes so they can pre-load that via the downloader well in advance. The rest of the files can and will change drastically over the life of the PTR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    As a game designer, when I see people throw out statements like this... It hurts... It shows me you can't tell the difference between story arc decisions and actual unfinished content. Also, if I may point out... Look at the Warlock Fel Fire quest. It was pushed back presumable because it wasn't done yet. Blizzard may release content that has bugs, but they don't tend to release unfinished content.

"Temp" stamped onto a doodad in the Alliance shrine-- Unfinished.
    The right door is on backwards-- Unfinished.

I can see how, as Horde, you wouldn't think they release unfinished content. Go try playing through the Worgen starting zone. You're winning the war until at the very last second you retreat immediately after destroying the Orc's invading forces and decimating their fleet. The plot, however, continues on into Shadowpine, and the Alliance aren't allowed to see it.

Maybe "unfinished" is a bad word. They ran out of time, and they wrote in a finish far earlier than would have made sense.

This isn't meant to be an Alliance versus Horde thread, but anyone who has done both lines on the PTR and argues that the Alliance isn't getting totally boned is being dishonest with themselves for the sake of fanboyism.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Destil View Post

Where are those people?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    Where are those people?
    Do you not read there forums? There's plenty of them their and I do mean that lol

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Asmodias View Post
    Your last statement... "Blatantly Unfinished". Can you prove that it's actually unfinished? Or are you simply hurt that the Alliance doesn't get the story you and other members of the Alliance want?

As a game designer, when I see people throw out statements like this... It hurts... It shows me you can't tell the difference between story arc decisions and actual unfinished content. Also, if I may point out... Look at the Warlock Fel Fire quest. It was pushed back presumable because it wasn't done yet. Blizzard may release content that has bugs, but they don't tend to release unfinished content.

I might also advise that you read the Live Q&A session that was conducted yesterday. It will give you insight on where the story is going for the Alliance. It may not help in your mind, but at least you will understand where Blizzard is coming from and it will save you from the ridicule of making the statement you have made.
    Blizzard has released unfinished content numerous times. Vanilla was full of unfinished stuff. Cataclysm had a lot of unfinished stuff. Well, it feels unfinished. You can argue that it isn't, that it's just the way Blizzard intended it, but I think the argument being made here is that it feels unfinished.

---------- Post added 2013-04-26 at 06:05 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Apathy - View Post
    Do you not read there forums? There's plenty of them their and I do mean that lol
    All I'm seeing is Alliance complaing and Horde telling the Alliance to stop QQing. Also: switch their and there.

yes sometimes the alliance gets boned, the things in your shrine are bogus, and even though I am a staunch Hordie, I have played through the worgen starting zone and it bothers me immensely that the worgen go to darkshore, instead of having the start being phased and then having Gilneas as a 12-20 zone to continue the story. But right now you can't really say the Alliance is getting boned, its a horde focused story, you think its bad your plot lines are more in depth, i think its annoying that they chose a Horde leader to be the bad guy. Why not an alliance person? But it just happens.

It just seems like alliance players like to whine. For example the "Darkspear Revolutionary" title complaints are ridiculous. That title works for both sides, because you helped out during the revolution that was being lead by the Darkspear. If an englishman helped out during the French Revolution, he would still be called a French Revolutionary, it doesn't mean he is actually french, it just means he was there during a revolution headed by the french.

OT: Idk May 7th seems a lil early, but then again I don't remember exact patch launches on a time table. So it might work, I just feel like there's no way enough people have finished Wrathion stuff from this patch yet. I've run LFR for 3 weeks now with the quest and only have 1 stone. I'd say mid to late may

10+ Year Old Account
    Update:

As per this thread... Soon.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We are releasing some of the data for the upcoming 5.3 patch.

This download will be about 280 MB (this may vary depending on the language packs you have installed).

We expect the 5.3 patch to be released within the next few weeks.

Deleted
    Update:

As per this thread... Soon.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    We are releasing some of the data for the upcoming 5.3 patch.

This download will be about 280 MB (this may vary depending on the language packs you have installed).

We expect the 5.3 patch to be released within the next few weeks.
    Sweet, that means you weren't that far off then in your estimate. Also means I don't have to try to balance keeping my valor as close to 3k as possible whilst not over-capping for much longer.

May 7 is too soon. We still have not seen a release candidate. I am guessing may 14th.