Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

how is rogue leveling?

back in cata from 80-85 i found it quite hard to level a rogue is it still the same where they struggle to take down 1 mob and if they aggro another they die?

I don't have any trouble from mobs when I quest on my rogue

Quote Originally Posted by warcraftmew View Post
    back in cata from 80-85 i found it quite hard to level a rogue is it still the same where they struggle to take down 1 mob and if they aggro another they die?
    It was like this for my rogue in Mid of Kun-lai and on ward in 5.0. but should be better now
    You must become a Master Baiter if you want to want to master the One-eyed Fish of the Dark Caverns!

horrible compared to other classes who just faceroll through all mop quest zones
    the ultimate answer's to all rogue issues :

-Rogues might still be dealing with the changes to combo points {2014}

Deleted
    Recuperate has made things a lot easier for rogue leveling, I don't think you should have problem leveling a rogue, although they're not very good at dealing with big packs of mobs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    horrible compared to other classes who just faceroll through all mop quest zones
    Indeed; the most difficult 85-90 journey I've made on any character so far, although the game itself isn't all that hard to play solo. Expect to remember what your stuns, sap, blind, and possibly gouge do, unless you want to vanish out and/or die somewhat often from 88-90. Play improves significantly in T14 gear, but I found it painful before that.

Harder than any other class, especially if you don't get an opener (pulling extra mobs). Still doable, I have 2x 90 Rogues.

I'm at 82 at the moment and I haven't had any problems so far. I haven't even died yet to a mob, besides the occasional 90 being cool and one shotting me.

Deleted
    If you use the deadly momentum glyph and keep rucup/snd up (and don't forget to use CDs while levelling) then its not bad at all
    Last edited by mmoccaa24359f4; 2013-04-28 at 06:12 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bledoc View Post
    If you use the deadly momentum glyph and keep rupture/snd up (and don't forget to use CDs while levelling) then its not bad at all
    The glyph is a MUST, and I guess you meant RECUPERATE and SnD.

Deleted
    think il stick with my dk and warrior for melee

I'd imagine leveling as combat would be much easier than the other two due to relying less in openers.
    Priest Warrior
    You are not your role. You are not how much gold you have on your account.
    You are not the mount you ride. You are not the contents of your bank.
    You are not your epic purples. You are not a special and unique snowflake.
    You are the all-grinding, all-farming crap of Azeroth.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Koji2k11 View Post
    To each their own. My rogue (while equipped in various heroic DS pieces and the legendary daggers) blew through MoP content faster than any of my other characters. Leveled sub (favorite spec for PvE, PvP and leveling.... so everything) and was proccing the wings every couple of mobs.

Granted the OP won't have that luxury, I can't really imagine it being that much more difficult as long as you keep SnD and Recuperate rolling.

10+ Year Old Account
    I leveled Combat from 1-90 and it was somewhat fun. The thing that was enjoyable about Rogue is that in solo pve content you aren't completely invincible compared to most other melee like Retribution Paladins, Arms/Fury Warriors and Frost/Unholy Death Knights. What I mean by "completely invincible" is that as a Rogue you can't keep chain pulling ten things at a time and have zero downtime.

However, Rogues have the advantage of stealth and have the ability to basically skip so many "Filler" enemies you don't need to kill where as a non stealth class would need to or run away which wastes time.

I was pretty lucky when I leveled my Rogue in MoP content. I basically started it with Mop blue gear and continued to have it till 90. This was also when Blade Flurry only hit one extra target at 100% damage, which made it even easier. If you're having a hard time with MoP content, its probably your gear. I would then probably try to pull level 87-88 mobs one or two at a time. If you get caught where there's too many mobs, you can always sap one, blind one, cheap shot another and burst down the last one quickly before the other one gets out of cheap shot.

But generally as Combat you can solo 4-5 enemies at 88 with Blade Flurry Killing Spree or Adrenaline Rush/Shadow Blades, Sinister strike/Eviscerate spam. If none of those offensive cool downs are up and you want to stand and fight, you will need to use Combat Readiness or Evasion. If you're trying to survive do not worry about Eviscerate, just keep recuperate and slice and dice up and let you auto attacks/sinister strike do the damage. I would even spec into dirty tricks just so you can get a free gouge on another enemy(Take blade Flurry off when you do this). Glyph of Recuperate is also really good for long fights or soloing rares.

Its really up to you how you want to play. Just make sure you abuse most of the toolkit that is given to you. That's kinda what I enjoyed about Rogue leveling where as other classes can just get away with mashing a damage rotation without doing anything else.

i started leveling my rogue from 85 last week,m 85 to 86 as a pvpish specced sub rogue (for grinding bgs's) was the most dificult. once you get quest gear it gets easy. queue for random dungeons to get that dunegon quest gear asap, and it starts to get really easy by 88.

I never had too many issues - but I only have my rogue at max level. :P
    I do remember feeling super-energy starved though when MoP first hit - complete change from the end of Cata!

Rogues are very gear-dependent - I think that's the biggest issue. If you aren't into questing just get your xp from doing random heroics or even pvp. Plus, you'll get some upgrades while leveling.

I agree w/ the other guys about getting the deadly momentum glyph - awesome for leveling! Also, either get a guildie or someone to make you a ghost iron dragonling... I think I used it until I was 90 - plus, it's cheap. Get the best MH weapon you can get your hands on - your dps will thank you.

While it was more difficult than my guardian or blood dk chain pulling every single mob in the zone it wasn't really that hard. If you accidently pull more than 2 mobs, blow an offensive/defensive cd and kill them. There is always vanish if you fell you're gonna die.

Definitely the hardest thing I've leveled so far, or rather the longest. Leveling isn't really hard regardless of class, but I'd say Rogue takes the longest because you really can only kill one or two mobs at a time. On my Mage for example I had no problem pulling 6 mobs and killing them all then moving on and pulling another 6, same on my Balance Druid and Shadow Priest, and I could pull even more than that a lot of the time on my Warrior, so having to pull only one mob really slowed things down.

Rare spawns on the other hand were a lot easier to kill on my Rogue than on my Druid I'd have to say.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ansible View Post
    I'd imagine leveling as combat would be much easier than the other two due to relying less in openers.
    I think, but i might be wrong, Combat has always been the stronger choice for leveling. I remember using back in wrath, a deadly combo with Killing spree evasion and blade flurry. Of course blade flurry has changed since then.

Quote Originally Posted by RyokuchaMidori View Post
    I think, but i might be wrong, Combat has always been the stronger choice for leveling. I remember using back in wrath, a deadly combo with Killing spree evasion and blade flurry. Of course blade flurry has changed since then.
    Assassination is really good for leveling thanks to the energy return on Rupture. I basically chain pulled my way to 90 without taking time to stealth or heal as assassination.