Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    I'm currently leveling two rogues (already have one at 90), one is 44 and sub, the other 88 and assa. The mobs now are really a pain, they hit hard, you don't. And I'm a bit old-school and roll without Deadly Momentum (well, I'm cheap - glyphs are expensive, k?). Pull too many - die. Unless you vanish. The good part is obviously stealth It does save you some time, I guess.

I don't really see myself leveling anything else because I love rogues too much and I hate leveling, so I'm afraid I can't really compare rogues vs. other classes. Well, I actually have a priest at 90, but I don't remember what leveling that bitch was like.

It's sloooow though! God, I hate leveling. Most tedious piece of shit. Wanna get 88 rogue to 90 so I can get raped by well-geared other 90s. Which is stil far more enjoyable than fucking quests and Shado-Pan monastery. I digress, sorry.

I haven't touched my rogue since TBC at all and am looking at going 70-90 or possibly doing a 1-90 to refresh my skills. In terms of leveling weapons is it still valid to have a slow MH / fast OH combo of weapons or is DPS the only thing that I need to look at when choosing? I'll have heirloom leather but am having a difficult time selecting which heirloom weapons to use.

Quote Originally Posted by Geegeez View Post
    I haven't touched my rogue since TBC at all and am looking at going 70-90 or possibly doing a 1-90 to refresh my skills. In terms of leveling weapons is it still valid to have a slow MH / fast OH combo of weapons or is DPS the only thing that I need to look at when choosing? I'll have heirloom leather but am having a difficult time selecting which heirloom weapons to use.
    Daggers are only 1.8 speed now, so you don't have actually a choice if you play combat, the MH will be always be a 2.6 weapon, the OH can be aswell a dagger or a slow weapon for minimal differences.
    Non ti fidar di me se il cuor ti manca.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I've leveled a combat rogue, a prot warrior, a ret paladin, and an elemental shaman. Rogue was slowest at 3 days 4 hours from 85-90. I also died the most as rogue at 6 times while questing in pandaria. My advice, maintain your buffs, be patient for cooldowns for quest targets and multi pulls, Max First Aid, and Abuse the fuck out of gouge to stop casts (talent dirty tricks). Don't hesitate to run from a fight, you waste far more time dying than bandaging.
    Naftc, "Hunters are the cheapest class in game and when played right are more deadly than a train plowing through a field of bunnies covered in napalm"

The best bet for rogue leveling is Glyph of Deadly Momentum + Assassination + Rupture. Assassination with multi-Rupture is the only spec that can appropriately handle multiple mobs (post Blade Flurry nerf). Couple that with Cloak and Dagger + Shadow Focus + Ambush > Rupture openers and you're basically a teleporting juggernaut.

Rogues being the CC class they are, you need to break out Sap and Blind for multi mob pulls. This isn't WotLK/Cata anymore where you can just steamroll through without CC. Plus, stealth and sap really cheeses a lot of quest mechanics. You can avoid things without killing them and loot the quest object without having to fight the nearby mob.