Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lvl 90 before done with Kun-lai

So I'm still not done with Kun-lai, only missing the kota basecamp achiev tho, but I am already lvl 90! I've only been questing, no dungeons, maybe 1 or 2 BGs.
    Did anyone else experience this? I thought you were supposed to ding 90 in Dread wastes O.o

10+ Year Old Account
    I hit 90 in townlong steppes right after the expack dropped. Most of my guildies didn't
    get to 90 until at least part way through dread wastes. In my case, I stopped and mined
    every single node I came across which added 15k per node to my xp as I levelled.

Do you have gathering profs? Also, the xp from a bg win is pretty big, that would affect it too.
    And eight, eight, I forget what eight was for

I finished all of Dread Wastes as was still 89, such was my dislike for questing.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I do have skinning, which has maybe played a part - I can't say I've been very focused on skinning every mob.
    Fast track or whatever it's called probably has helped too. It's just so strange to be 90 and not even in Townlong heh

Quote Originally Posted by CalasEU View Post
    So I'm still not done with Kun-lai, only missing the kota basecamp achiev tho, but I am already lvl 90! I've only been questing, no dungeons, maybe 1 or 2 BGs.
    Did anyone else experience this? I thought you were supposed to ding 90 in Dread wastes O.o

I'm sorry to say, but there's no way you hit 90 just by questing only in Jade Forest/Valley of Four Winds/Krasarang Wilds/Kun Lai Summit unless you were farming mobs for XP only, used Cataclysm content, or dailies. In order to hit 90 by doing only those zones you would need to do dungeons and/or more than 1/2 BG's. Believe I've tried there just isn't enough quests for that to be even remotely possible.

Hitting 90 while in Townlong and doing only quests is more feasible though.

I do have skinning, which has maybe played a part - I can't say I've been very focused on skinning every mob.
    Fast track or whatever it's called probably has helped too. It's just so strange to be 90 and not even in Townlong heh

Fast track does help, but it's "supposebly" taken into consideration. Also, skinning does not reward XP only Herbalism/Mining. I leveled multiple toons in beta during the various XP phases and even with the last nerf (which went live) it still wasn't possible to do as you are saying. Even tried it on live and attempting to do it on a few of my toons now and even going in it with full rest I still have to do dungeons just to almost get past Kun Lai.
    Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-04-26 at 03:42 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I got to 90 before ever hitting Dread Wastes or finishing Kun-Lai. I had some rested XP but not overly much. So I don't know how it was for anyone else. Nothing much from professions either although I did try to kill and extra mob or two in places where there were a lot of them. I suppose that adds up. I did do every single quest I could in previous zones though.

Late Edit: Forgot about the guild buff. I did have that.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-04-26 at 06:28 PM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

On my warlock I'm like 40% into 89 without finishing all quests in Kun Lai. Did a handful in Townlong and now doing Dread Wastes. I've done some dungeons but mostly finished all the major quest lines in Jade Forest, Krasarang and Valley. Not sure at the moment if I should stay in Dread or finish Townlong to hit 90. Freeing Klaxxi is boring lol

Skinning doesn't give any XP. Only herbing and mining does.

OT: I usually ding 90 either in late Townlong on a healer/tank or half way through Dreadwastes on anything else.

I actually move to the next zone as soon as I hit the next level.

Hoof Hearted!!!
    10+ Year Old Account
    It is possible to hit 90 while not getting past Kun-Lai Summit if you do things like killing extra mobs and picking up every single rare artifact find and archaeology if you do not have mining/herbalism to also bolster your XP gains. It just takes having the guild buff for XP gain as well as possibly the DMF buff, and for monks, their class buff from doing their class daily.
    when all else fails, read the STICKIES.

Quote Originally Posted by Shop Ebay View Post
    I actually move to the next zone as soon as I hit the next level.

Same here. No need to finish a zone more than once so on all my alts I keep an active dungeon queue and jump to the next zone as soon as my level is high enough to get the quests. Getting to 90 on most toons by about the second or third paragon in Dread Wastes.

That's really crazy. On my Paladin, first time through Pandaria, I did every zone until I was level-appropriate for the next one, then moved on, and I hit 90 in Dread Wastes. Then on my Monk I hit 90 in Townlong doing the same thing. Then on my latest toon, my DK, I did the same except I did every quest chain in Kun-Lai AND Townlong AND Dread Wastes and was still only 89.

Leveling is wonky.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I started MoP with my dk, I couldn't find myself leaving a zone till it was fully completed. I dinged 90 just after entering Townlong (achievement dates are 10/1 for finishing Kun-Lai and also 10/1 for dinging 90, could post a pic for the disbelievers) and all of that was without any major rested xp since he was my first toon thru MoP.

As for my mage, priest, warlock, hunter, and rogue, they all dinged in KLS and haven't touched TS or DW. My druid is another story, he's only finished 4 quest chains in Jade Forest, hasn't done any bg's, no dungeons, and dinged 90 from the pet battle xp (86-90 fully). Shaman, paladin, and warrior have almost been leveled the same way, all 3 are 88 and barely done anything in JF, so I'm kinda glad the pet xp was added as an alternative.

I can see this happening in 5.3 whenever the 33% reduction goes live, but now? Man I couldn't even do it that fast in the beta O.o On the beta I did EVERY quest in the game and dinged 90 mid way through townlong steppes (At the time the xp was wayyy lower than it is now).

If you're completely rested it is possible, trust me, I've done it my self.

15+ Year Old Account
    With rested it might be possible, people saying they didn't hit 90 until Dread Wastes most likely didn't do both Krasarang and Four Winds. I know I didn't and I hit 90 in Dread Wastes.

Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    With rested it might be possible, people saying they didn't hit 90 until Dread Wastes most likely didn't do both Krasarang and Four Winds. I know I didn't and I hit 90 in Dread Wastes.
    On my first 90 which was within days of launch I did most of Jade Forest, some of Krasarang, harldy anything in Four Winds, most of Kun Lai, All of Townlong, and was probably 95% complete with Dread Wastes when I hit 90. I also did each dungeon once. So starting with no rested XP, you would have to probably do all of the lower zones and you could get to 90 in Townlong.

With rested XP you can easily get to 90 in Kun Lai. 2 levels in Jade, 2 in Krasarang and Valley(maybe mor elike 1.5 jade and 2.5 the others) and the last one in Kun Lai. So far Ive done Dread Wastes on every character Ive leveled because of Klaxxi rep but its not necessary.

In BC and Wrath it was normal to have 1-2 zones or more unquested when you reached level cap because those zones were designed for lvl70 and 80 questing. Now that we have more daily quests they seem to make content so that you can get full xp, unrested, no bonuses after completing almost everything.
    Last edited by Prokne; 2013-04-26 at 09:32 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    now after the first toon i just jump zone every time i ding so i dont know where i would ding if i waited for achive on every zone

I've leveled twice now doing mainly just quests - one dungeon here and there and haven't even stepped foot in Dread before 90.
    Infectionate Pawsthorne Bubblesbee
    [A] [H]
    Nasturtium Fisticuffs Blesshu Sinnocence Ellipsis Hiddenfee Teddiursa

Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Spl4sh3r View Post
    While this is true, the problem with doing Krasarang and Four Winds without moving to Kunlai at 87, Townlong at 88, and Dreadwastes at 89, is the XP you get for Krasarang/Four Winds is far less than the higher level zones.

So sure, munching through all of the quests of Jade Forest/Krasarang/Four Winds before moving on will definitely push you along, and make it seem like you didn't need to do as much in Kunlain/Townlong/Dreadwastes, you will go faster by moving to the next higher zone as soon as possible, since the quests take roughly the same amount of time but yield significantly more XP per turn in.

Hit level 86:
    Krasarang or Four Winds avg quest turn in = 129k xp (before bonuses)
    Hit level 87:
    Kunlai Summit avg quest turn in = 162k xp (before bonuses)
    Hit level 88:
    Townlong Steppes avg quest turn in = 196k xp (before bonuses)
    Hit level 89:
    Dread Waste avg quest turn in = 236k xp (before bonuses)

The other thing is by starting Dreadwaste at 89 and doing all of those quests, if you have the commendation, you will be something like ~15k/21k towards exalted with Klaxxi, which will net you a free 489 ring and access to 463 weapons you can purchase for gold to help boost a fresh 90. Only a few days of dailies would be required to finish capping exalted at that point.
    Last edited by Deathgoose; 2013-04-26 at 09:47 PM.