Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Brewmaster Ryan Cailan Ebonheart's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dokilar View Post
    i dont believe your claim that watching someone play wont increase your skill level. i dont play WoW anymore but i do play LoL and i can say with a straight face that watching some of the best junglers play ive been able to apply those techniques to my game and found it to be quite successful.

certain people absorb information different ways. i hate to read instructions, i find that if i watch someone put something together in a video or in person i can then easily do it myself. can i put something together while reading only the instructions? absolutely but its just easier for me to comprehend if i see someone do it. some people are the other way around.

i apply this to video games as well. i can sit and read about the best players tips, strategies and shit all day long. its just easier for me to absorb that information when i see them actually do it. the same goes for LoL. its leaps and bounds easier for me to watch theoddone or saintvicious when they jungle so i can see what theyre actually doing, versus just reading about it in one of their guides.

i watch people stream games because most of the ones i watch, go into detail as to what theyre doing, why theyre doing and how to do it.
    Okay, thanks for your response. I just needed a straight answer on this. Watching other people play video games has never made me a better player though. For example, in Soul Calibur 5 player lobby mode, you're basically forced to watch people play if you suck at the game(The lobby is structured in a king of the hill style).

Long story short I would never improve by watching top Siegfried players play against other people. Would I try and use those tactics I watched and apply it to my own game? Sure. But it would fail me every time just because I didn't have the basic fundamentals down beforehand as well as those tactics feeling completely unnatural. Not to mention that those tactics would never work against other people at my level just because at scrub level any tactic works. What I'm trying to say is you need to become a good player beforehand to actually understand and apply what top players are doing.

You have to evolve as a player instead of jumping bridges that lead you nowhere. At least for me that's how it is. To me, becoming a better player is about playing thousands of games over and over again and mentally improving each game. How do good players get better if there's nobody above them? Its called repetition and the willingness to improve yourself on an individual level.
    "Time to work soldiers."
    "Machinehead" by Bush "Blood is like wine, unconscious all the time. If I had it all again, I'd change it all."
    (My top song since 05/02/2014) Machinehead
    Warrior Scumclass Rogue Warrior2 Scumclass2 Rogue2

Quote Originally Posted by Rorschachs View Post
    People don't even care about spectating(I personally don't). But it is required in tournaments. It is pretty much whats keeping wow pvp from being more competitive.

Thats the issue most people have with wow not having a spectator mode.
    What else is there to do in wow when your teammates aren't online? Queue skirmishes and spectate other players, there's nothing else to do.

I don't know why they don't implement a spectator support system similar to the brawler arena. You could actually be in the stands in an arena and not ghosted onto the viewpoint of a combatant. It should be very easy to implement.

You simply travel to the open world location of the arena you wish to watch. Upon zoning in, you get a menu to select which instance to watch (hopefully the menu shows the MMR of the competing teams). Sit in the stands and observe, Ancient Rome style.