Page 4 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by threadz View Post
    The cathar from KOTOR was just a human with a cat face..

And I always thought she was just ugly.
    That doesn't make it any better, though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    And I always thought she was just ugly.
    That doesn't make it any better, though.
    That Cathar reminds me of the guy from Courage the Cowardly Dog that freaked me out when I was younger.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forsedar View Post
    That Cathar reminds me of the guy from Courage the Cowardly Dog that freaked me out when I was younger.
    Yeah it's an old game lol...though neither that one or the one swtor is getting are remotely close to how they've been depicted in numerous other works of art, though I don't mind the way they look. Sure SWTOR is just human reskins, so it's not as developed or applause worthy as any other MMO out there, but I never had a problem with it.

For some reason I looooved Chiss, so I never made any races other than chiss and human. Pretty much loaded my account up as a Chiss Army. If I had legacy unlocked chiss for all classes I wouldn't have a single human either. Male and female chiss bounty hunters look boss.
    BAD WOLF

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    though neither that one or the one swtor is getting are remotely close to how they've been depicted in numerous other works of art, though I don't mind the way they look.
    like this?

(Warframe) - Dragon & Typhoon-
    (Neverwinter) - Trickster Rogue & Guardian Fighter -

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    like this?
    Yeah...actual feral people instead of...well...humans with face paint. Still think they look cool in SWTOR though. Obvious faults of their models are obvious though. Today is one of those days I wish I could turn back time and play the initial launch over. Sooo much fun.
    BAD WOLF

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah...actual feral people instead of...well...humans with face paint. Still think they look cool in SWTOR though. Obvious faults of their models are obvious though. Today is one of those days I wish I could turn back time and play the initial launch over. Sooo much fun.
    Last night was that for me. I loaded up my account with the intention of starting a new Juggernaut, thinking that I'd just play to 50 and then shut it off. The problem was that I never logged on before my account expired to buy all the choice unlocks, so as soon as I looked at all the Cartel prompts I got kinda disgusted and logged off (despite having 2k Cartel Coins).

Quote Originally Posted by Bardarian View Post
    like this?

Really like this one. How awesome would it be to have different armor styles for different species (or Race vendors where you can buy "traditional" armor and swap in mods).

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    Really like this one. How awesome would it be to have different armor styles for different species (or Race vendors where you can buy "traditional" armor and swap in mods).
    Well, that "armor" is basically in the game already >.>

Totes Star Wars. Totes.

Redit: Well, apparently 2.1 is a pure CM update?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05...the-swtor-way/

Customization, character name changes, and dye system. Nice systems, but all in the CM and all secondary systems (which again are nice).

Hopefully they'll have some content to go along with this.
    Last edited by Edge-; 2013-05-01 at 08:14 PM.

Props to Dulfy, she's the best!

http://dulfy.net/2013/05/01/swtor-pa...-with-bioware/

SWTOR Patch 2.1 Dyes modules Q&A with Bioware

Patch 2.1 Armor dyes Q&A with Bioware to clarify on some of the questions and concerns players had with the introduction of armor dyes in patch 2.1.

1. How many different dye modules can we expect at release? Will these dyes give off different colors based on the property of the armor? (i.e. will a cloth armor dye differently than a metallic armor).
    There will be 48 different Dye Modules at release. 25 will be available through the Cartel Market, 3 will be available from the Security Key and Collector’s Edition vendors, and 20 more will be available through the crafting system (schematics for some of which will be found on Reputation vendors).
    A given Dye Module will produce slightly different results depending on the underlying tones of the armor to which it is applied, so it is important to always preview the result before applying the Dye Module to a piece of equipment. Cloth and metallic armors will differ mostly in highlights, as their reflective properties are different, but the essential color will be the same.

2. Alot of cartel market outfits and reputation outfits are below level 15, will these be dyeable? Can you give a list of lore outfits that are not dyeable?
    All Cartel Market outfits (with the exception of Lore gear) will be dyeable, regardless of item level.
    Lore outfits that do not have Dye Module slots include the KOTOR outfits inspired by:
    · Bastila Shan
    · The Last Handmaiden
    · Carth Onasi
    · Darth Malak
    · Jolee Bindo
    · Triumvirate Armor
    Additionally, the Revan armor set and the Mask of Nihilus are also considered Lore gear, and do not have Dye Module slots.

3. What crew skills will be able to craft these dyes? How would reverse engineer work with dyes?
    Craftable Dye Modules will be produced through Artifice. Dye Modules cannot be reverse engineered.

4. Will armor have one or two dye module slots to accommodate primary and secondary dye modules? How exactly do primary and secondary dye modules work?
    Armor will have one Dye Module slot.
    Dye Modules come in three types:
    · Dye Modules containing both a primary and a secondary color
    · Dye Modules containing only a primary color
    · Dye Modules containing only a secondary color
    Dye Modules that contain only a primary or secondary color will affect only the primary or secondary color of the armor, while leaving its counterpart unaffected. It is not possible to combine a primary-only Dye Module with a secondary-only Dye Module.
    For example, take a piece of armor such as the Havoc Squad armor worn by Aric Jorgan. It is white in its primary areas and orange in the secondary areas. If a Dye Module containing only the primary color dark blue is applied, the armor will now be dark blue in its primary areas and orange in its secondary areas. Similarly, if a Dye Module containing only the secondary color light purple is applied, the armor will now be white in its primary areas and light purple in its secondary areas. Applying a Dye Module to an armor that already contains one will replace and destroy the existing Dye Module.

5. Other than crafting and security key/CE vendors, are there any other places one can acquire dyes outside the cartel market (i.e. any dyes tied to achievement rewards etc).
    As mentioned above, the schematics for some craftable Dye Modules will be obtained from certain Reputation vendors throughout the galaxy. At this time, Dye Modules are not distributed through quest or achievement rewards.

it's fucking stupid that we can't dye the goddamn lore armor. like fucking 5000 revans and bindos running around doesn't fuck up the lore at all, god forbid you make it at least look slightly better, that'd just fuck everything up >.>

Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    Well, that "armor" is basically in the game already >.>

Totes Star Wars. Totes.

Redit: Well, apparently 2.1 is a pure CM update?

http://massively.joystiq.com/2013/05...the-swtor-way/

Customization, character name changes, and dye system. Nice systems, but all in the CM and all secondary systems (which again are nice).

Hopefully they'll have some content to go along with this.
    - 25 for CM
    - 20 for crafting
    - 3 from CE vendor....

- only 1 dye slot

- lore item lock...

- not RE'able

The last thing throws me off a little... why not RE'able? Can they finally call it a day, make all customizable armor RE'able and bound to legacy when you take out the mods?

Thx for the dye option Bioware but seriously..... make them RE'able for crafter.

I'm curious which colors are available for the CE vendor.... probably light brown, brown and dark brown?!...

Deleted
    I wish someone would get the stones to ask them the ethics around putting items in a "content patch" that should be in with our subscription (you know the MONEY WEALREAYD PAY), behind the Cartel Coin wall (FOR MORE MONIES), yeah we get a 500 stipend, but with them flooding the game with Cartel Coin brought items the value of that 500 is akin to pocket change these days.

The warm and fluffy glow after the makeb goodness is quickly souring with BW's constant bad decision making.

It seems now they're using "customisation" as they crook to making more things to pay for - the Cartel market isint P2W its customisation! but that leaves subscribers unable to customise their charcaters without paying ontop of their sub.

Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    You still payed it on top of your subscription, what you value $10 as is of no importance...
    I'm glad WoW doesn't charge for expansions ... that would be crazy!!! Oh wait, they charged $60 ... so for 1/6th the price at release, we got at least 1/6th the release content of the compared xpac (so far).

Really?

You don't know what more I could want from it.

Really.

After a few thousand posts on the topic... You don't know what more I could want from it.

Which was said by me... Never? Oh right. Never.
    You have no idea what you are talking about.
    Keep attacking that straw man. I am going to go get a drink. Brb.
    I have no idea, what you, personally, expect ... but then again, you aren't telling either ... while the one you are responding to, is definitely making common sense and reason as part of their discussion.

You can unlock everything important, through credits and the GTN. You can get anything from the cartel market, just by playing the game, without paying a single penny.

What you want, is to eat all the cake, and have it still be there to eat tomorrow. As much as I loathe EA, and a lot of things they do, including with this game ... I have to say this F2P model isn't bad at all; once you can take control of your hate/nerd rage. I hated they didn't do anything nice for Life Day (xmas), just CM stuff.

With this, they finally charge less for something, and make it account wide ... and the gripes will still come. You can sell race unlocks on GTN now, so, if not right away, but possibly with time, I assume you'll be able to do so with the Cathar as well.

I'm surprised they haven't started selling subs on the CM to be sold on the GTN. Well, I know why; they give subs a free 500 CC/mo. Feels great being a sub and getting free stuff from the CM. (and now that I think about it, pretty sure that is why they didn't sell the xpac on the CM, because they wouldn't have recouped any production costs)

They should also sell, credit cap increases for F2P/Preferred.

But, a lot of people love to bark, or steal hamburgers (Hamburglar's catch phrase was robble robble )

Please, inform me, what exactly are you restricted on, that you can't buy with in game credits. with a credit cap of 350k, which you can earn in an hour or less, without the GTN; you should be able to buy every unlock, for every toon, with no problems. What else will you spend your 350k cap on? What else do you spend millions on? If you are progression raiding ... you'd almost certainly be subbed anyway, so buying cutting edge mods isn't what you'd spend millions on. The only things I can see are ... lore items, like the expensive revan off pieces or things like special effect weapons or the more rare mounts. Everything else, is below the F2P credit cap, which again, you can earn twice over a day with just a couple hour commitment.

Are there other F2P models I like better? Yes, but I am not into their games like I am this; despite how I feel about EA or dev decisions ... I still enjoy this game the most. I'm trying out WoW yet again, and just can't get into it like I can my Inquisitors.

Just try to drop the anger, and enjoy the game, basically.

Quote Originally Posted by zeropeorth View Post
    I have no idea, what you, personally, expect ...
    I actually was the first one on these board to write a guide on how to use the GTN / F2P status and get nearly full access to the game.

You wrote... Literally nothing I didn't already know.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm glad WoW doesn't charge for expansions ... that would be crazy!!! Oh wait, they charged $60 ... so for 1/6th the price at release, we got at least 1/6th the release content of the compared xpac (so far).

Please remember that the "expansion" is $20 if you are F2P.

The comparisons of content from SWTOR's "expansion" to legit expansion like Storm Legion, Burning Crusade, ect...have been done to death.

Quote Originally Posted by AnthonyUK View Post
    I wish someone would get the stones to ask them the ethics around putting items in a "content patch" that should be in with our subscription (you know the MONEY WEALREAYD PAY), behind the Cartel Coin wall (FOR MORE MONIES), yeah we get a 500 stipend, but with them flooding the game with Cartel Coin brought items the value of that 500 is akin to pocket change these days.

The warm and fluffy glow after the makeb goodness is quickly souring with BW's constant bad decision making.

It seems now they're using "customisation" as they crook to making more things to pay for - the Cartel market isint P2W its customisation! but that leaves subscribers unable to customise their charcaters without paying ontop of their sub.
    small CC fees for customizing your character feels fine for this game. WoW couldn't get away with it. But since subs get free coins, it essentially becomes just another sub benefit they could use the free coins on; otherwise, just enjoy the toon you created, or create a new one. Some games, you can't customize at all.

I find the argument weak, when you say how value of 500 coins is 'pocket change' while you are making it sounds like a huge burden. Basically, sub for two months, you get cathar free + 400 bonus coins to spend on cartel packs, or whatever floats your boat.

If you aren't just pissing away your free coins, you don't pay for anything extra besides the xpac. It is that simple.

I just blew 2500 CC on packs, trying to get crap I didn't feel like buying off the GTN. I didn't get what I wanted, but I made a few million. I have NEVER bought CC. I have used CC on unlocks in the past, like rocket boots and other unlocks I was either too cheap or lazy to get the long way.

If you are paying a sub, and pay anything out of pocket for things like customization or species unlocks, that isn't BW ripping you off ... it is you pissing away the free coins and then complaining afterwards ... kinda like pissing away $50 on McDonalds, then bitching for being broke when you go out to dinner later at a nice restaurant ... if you spend your money on crap, instead of saving it ... you deserve the crap you get.

---------- Post added 2013-05-02 at 10:29 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

The comparisons of content from SWTOR's "expansion" to legit expansion like Storm Legion, Burning Crusade, ect...have been done to death.
    Doesn't matter if it has been done to death ... and it is your choice to be F2P. Hell, I suggested to a friend if he wanted the xpac, it made more sense to sub for a month and buy it ... $5 extra dollars plus becoming preferred and 500 cartel coins.

Comparing expansions in other games ... Cataclysm was nothing compared to say, Storm Legion. But, they were both $60. I feel, that Makeb, and whatever comes through updates, may be enough to cover a $10/20 fee. Subs help pay for server maintenance, bug fixes, and the (theoretical) customer service; NOT content. Your $60 for MoP/SL is paying for the development of stuff over the course of the next 12-24 months, their subs pay for all the other crap, including advertisement, business op costs, training, etc.

I feel Makeb was well worth $10 ... if you didn't, then that is fine with me, and you don't have to play, or sub, or buy CC. It is a shame, but to each their own; hopefully you'll enjoy future content, or find a game you like. I had to play Tera and WoW again to realize how much I enjoy playing SWtOR. I might try out Rift again, but for now, I'll stick with the game I like, despite my disgust in general with its parent company.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by WarpedAcorn View Post

Not to mention that the $60 figure everyone likes to use is the price of new console games. New computer games are typically $40 for standard versions, as is the cost of the example mentioned.

So actually, in the scenario presented (which has been done to death) it's $20 versus $40 and it's no contest on the value as all of the 'others' come with entire new worlds, new classes, new races, many more features, etc. Technically EA is waging a semantics war with their customers by purposefully mislabeling the things they sell you.

Let's just call it DLC and move on.
    BAD WOLF

I feel Makeb was well worth $10 ... if you didn't, then that is fine with me, and you don't have to play, or sub, or buy CC. It is a shame, but to each their own; hopefully you'll enjoy future content, or find a game you like.
    /facepalm

When will these people learn? Pay or GTFO is a terrible business strategy.
    If Bioware put the expansion on the CM, and then raised the credit cap for preferred players, subscribers could buy expansions and sell them on the GTN for a ton of credits.
    These people don't understand that the low credit cap is hurting subscribers more than it's hurting preferred players. They don't pick up on it because it's lost potential rather than losing what you currently have.
    Furthermore, as we've gone into before, the stipend is a mediocre reward. If bioware had instead replaced the stipend with a "cartel coin buff" that increased cartel coin acquisition (by, say 500%) and then offered cartel coins for completing weekly quests (suddenly finding a group for a hoth world boss becomes easier) in small amounts, players could potentially grind out X, Y, or Z but many of them will get halfway there and go "well, I want it now" and chip in a few dollars. Telling people to fork over money or GTFO causes them to GTFO. If you offer them a way to get it for "free", then they are willing to pay more often. Its a reciprocity effect.
    The stipend just bleeds bioware of potential money, if they added the CC you would have received with the stipend to an activity the developers want more people to participate in, then you get more participation. You can make the game more fun for people that way (by making it easier to do those activities because more people are doing them).

Ugh. Someone would HAVE to BUY the expansion to get it onto the CM so Bioware would be getting their money no matter who actually uses it.

So many missed opportunities in swtors model. If they had just looked at how other games design their shops rather than trying to reinvent the wheel they would have been so much better off.

10+ Year Old Account
    Not to mention that the $60 figure everyone likes to use is the price of new console games. New computer games are typically $40 for standard versions, as is the cost of the example mentioned.

So actually, in the scenario presented (which has been done to death) it's $20 versus $40 and it's no contest on the value as all of the 'others' come with entire new worlds, new classes, new races, many more features, etc. Technically EA is waging a semantics war with their customers by purposefully mislabeling the things they sell you.

Let's just call it DLC and move on.
    I was going to mention this as well. Expansions have cost $40 as far as I remember buying them for MMO's. The $60 cost comes from the "standard" new game price that companies have to adhere to to get shelfspace.

MoP was $40, not that I ever said that was alright either, in fact I always though paying for an expansion was a scam...

EvE-Online is still running, going on 10 years now and they just recently got more than 500k subscribers and they not once during those 10 years charged for content, strange how it seems no other developer can manage that.