Page 10 of 20 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Redblade View Post
    So you don't think they have on multiple occasions fallen short on their word?

And no it's not biased to expect at the very least some patches to follow the 6 weeks stated, no matter how you interpret "6 or so" or "6-8" both still contains 6 weeks, or was that just wishful thinking that we shouldn't have expected in any way shape or form to begin with?

Edit: And as far as relevancy, it's as relevant today as it was 7 months ago as they have not stated a change in cadence and as such we're still working with the original "6 or so".
    They have fallen short several times there is no doubt about it.

However they since then changed their wording to 6-8 weeks. Is 2 days longer than 8 weeks stretching it?

Quote Originally Posted by Psychlon View Post
    They have fallen short several times there is no doubt about it.

However they since then changed their wording to 6-8 weeks. Is 2 days longer than 8 weeks stretching it?
    As there delivery schedule is 8 weeks and possibly a couple of days extra if needed instead of 6-8 I'd say yes, the point is that 6 weeks isn't happening at all, they simply stretched the "6 weeks or so" to mean 8 weeks and possibly more over a few months. And again, people are free to be fine with that behavior if they so chose, I don't think it's anything to defend nor be outraged by when people point it out though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems we'll get considerably longer hair in 2.1... pic from the dye vid

SWTOR: Loveray Legacy @ Tomb of Freedon Nadd | Toyboy • Spray • Loveshot • Thrilldrill • Seax • Penetro • Hotgun • Lustro
    FFXIV ARR: Thrill Drill | Odin EU
    • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •
    Swtor eyecandy mm-mmmm! :Þ~

Quote Originally Posted by Ixator View Post

I won't be too happy if these new hairstyles are only availalbe through the customization and not if you create a new character (at least for subscriber)

I won't be too happy if these new hairstyles are only availalbe through the customization and not if you create a new character (at least for subscriber)
    It OK if its not. Just make your character and use your free coins to change it.

Quote Originally Posted by Requiem4aDr3am View Post
    this discussion seems to be going off topic and has suddenly become an argument about the update cycle...why not talk about 2.1 customization?
    I for one dislike that a majority of the armor dyes are going to be available through the cartel market. As a sub I expected access to all the armor dyes without having to spend cartel coins. It is somewhat disappointing.
    Also, I look forward to the bolster augment fix and hope that BW isn't going to break bolster in some other way that will be exploited after this fix comes in.
    I am fine with dyes, haircuts etc. available only on the cartel market
    1. cosmetic stuff like this is exactly what the cartel market should be there for
    2. we can probably buy it from other players over the GTN

what I am not comfortable with is a game update with almost only cartel market stuff. what am I subscribing for? this is not ok.

The real takeaway from this is: if they can get long hair working properly without a lot of egregious clipping issues, it bodes well for the next races being Togruta and/or Chagrians, since the main reason they're not playable are their head-tails that stick out in front and clip really badly.

The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drbraininajar View Post
    The real takeaway from this is
    ...that it's honestly the worst long hair I've seen in a game yet. Granted it's too early as it's one screenshot, but it looks awful. Their other hair looks pretty good though all short and medium plain jane styles. Hopefully this is just a really early shot and nothing close to what will be added.
    BAD WOLF

This is the first thing that has made me seriously consider purchasing anything from the cash shop. The complete lack of decent looking long hairstyles in the game is criminal and has annoyed me to no end. (Seriously, what the fuck is up with this game and TSW and long hair? Neither game has any real long hairstyles for female characters -_-)

Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    It OK if its not. Just make your character and use your free coins to change it.
    IIRC changing stuff like hairstyles can be done for credits if you are a subscriber. It's the feature changes (race, maybe body type etc) that use cartel coins as a subscriber, and they are giving 50% off of the normal price as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Kittyvicious View Post
    ...that it's honestly the worst long hair I've seen in a game yet. Granted it's too early as it's one screenshot, but it looks awful. Their other hair looks pretty good though all short and medium plain jane styles. Hopefully this is just a really early shot and nothing close to what will be added.
    Quote Originally Posted by edgecrusher View Post
    This is the first thing that has made me seriously consider purchasing anything from the cash shop.
    this made me giggle

IIRC changing stuff like hairstyles can be done for credits if you are a subscriber. It's the feature changes (race, maybe body type etc) that use cartel coins as a subscriber, and they are giving 50% off of the normal price as well.
    and this made me cheer.... if I can buy it with credits I'm totally fine.

I don't mind these hairs and clipping has been an issue for how many years in "any" game? I just wish they would do the same SWG did with Twi'lek... making hoods wider + making holes in the helmet rather than let the lekku clip through.

I'm more chalking it up to the chunky, sort of "sculpted" look the game's graphics have. Even the shorter hairstyles are kinda like wigs made of clay, and the movement on them is minimal. If years of watching behind-the-scenes specials have taught me anything haha, it's that hair is the most difficult thing to CGI and not look weird, doubly so for long hair. And again, the aesthetic and tech is kind of working against it here, all told.

Also, semi-jokingly:
    Kittyvicious, I know your criticisms usually come from a place of love and desire for improvement, by why ya gotta crush a man's dreams of Togruta like that? T_T

and they are giving 50% off of the normal price as well.
    Your not getting a discount. Just because they are charging F2P players double doesnt mean your getting a discount.

Your paying a sub and extra for it so there is no way its a discount.

Quote Originally Posted by katta View Post
    Your not getting a discount. Just because they are charging F2P players double doesnt mean your getting a discount.

Your paying a sub and extra for it so there is no way its a discount.
    It's the feature changes (race, maybe body type etc) that use cartel coins as a subscriber, and they are giving 50% off of the normal price as well.
    I didn't have this kind of changes in other games for free... . (= Bioware just does the same as others did before)

10+ Year Old Account
    Damn long hair im actually impressed
    I still want purple skin and new tattoos for twileks
    If everything I do is wrong then by god ill do it right

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by drbraininajar View Post
    Kittyvicious, I know your criticisms usually come from a place of love and desire for improvement, by why ya gotta crush a man's dreams of Togruta like that? T_T
    I'm not sure how hoping what is actually delivered is higher quality is crushing any dreams. If anything I would hope it means this is just a 'beta' hair and the end result is faaaabulous.

I didn't have this kind of changes in other games for free... . (= Bioware just does the same as others did before)
    Ehh...some games have a lot more in terms of customization included at no cost. Rift has a pretty bang up in game customization for in game currency, WoW at least has hair and accessories for in game currency (though you're right on the other services).

Even though it has been common, I don't think doing 'the same as others did before' is a blanket reason to not provide a better service. Well if Blizzard can screw people for race changes, we can too! Like many other archaic implementations, they should have been opportunities to distinguish themselves with better services.

Unfortunately their decisions side with whatever makes the most money and any 'perks' to those systems feels like an afterthought. And this is being 100% honest and not overly negative game bashing...just saying it's kinda undeniable that they would rather stick to bad customer practices that other companies have developed than step out on their own and provide better service.

It's not something unique to this market or company either.
    BAD WOLF

Deleted
    Even though it has been common, I don't think doing 'the same as others did before' is a blanket reason to not provide a better service. Well if Blizzard can screw people for race changes, we can too! Like many other archaic implementations, they should have been opportunities to distinguish themselves with better services.

Unfortunately their decisions side with whatever makes the most money and any 'perks' to those systems feels like an afterthought. And this is being 100% honest and not overly negative game bashing...just saying it's kinda undeniable that they would rather stick to bad customer practices that other companies have developed than step out on their own and provide better service.
    Yeah i think this is where i'm at with this company as a subscriber to their game, i see me not getting enough for my subscription (1 Op, 1 Warzone, 1 daily hub for the last 6 months subscription of circa $60 isnt enough) and then i see them making decisions where instead of giving me something wrapped into my subscription money that i would value, that would make me more positive about the game/company/value of me as a customer ( ROTHC, Appearance designer, Cathar) they go the opposite and are choosing to try to gouge me for more money.

As you say not unique to the company(EA), but i guess i just wished after the rocky first year SWTOR had they'd try to be more customer friendly, guess im just a optimist.
    Last edited by mmoc00c6bd8f01; 2013-05-13 at 02:24 PM.

That seems to be overly critical. I don't think it looks nearly that bad.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    That seems to be overly critical. I don't think it looks nearly that bad.
    ...your aesthetics are...odd then. That hair is awful. It's like static clay slapped onto a rubber doll. I wouldn't be able to think of a single game that has worse hair if that was the final product. It looks nothing like the other hair in the game to me, so I'm assuming that's nowhere close to the finished product.
    BAD WOLF

Well I'll just say I've seen a whole lot worse in other games.

Deleted
    This is the first thing that has made me seriously consider purchasing anything from the cash shop. The complete lack of decent looking long hairstyles in the game is criminal and has annoyed me to no end. (Seriously, what the fuck is up with this game and TSW and long hair? Neither game has any real long hairstyles for female characters -_-)
    Think of the practicalities!!!! You are hero action girl you don't want your hair getting in your eyes or all sweaty and matted to your head! Long hair is also too high maintenance, you can't spend 30mins with a brush and blow drier out in the field for days on end. Nope short and practical is the way forward for the modern hero chick!