Thread: Rage Build

10+ Year Old Account

Rage Build

Hello again Druid forums!

I got bored around the time I went off my meds so I don't know if one has anything to do with the other... but during that time I figured I'd try tanking for the first time ever. First off, I apologize to almost every druid tank I've ever been mad at in a dungeon. My eyes were huge the entire run of my first tanking experience this morning, it was a lot to take in.

My question of course is about a rage build. I'll link my armory at the end of the thread here, but I sincerely have no idea what on earth I'm doing. Forgive the pvp gear I'm wearing and yes, I know my trinkets are bad. They'll be replaced ASAP I promise. I'm only doing heroics and scenarios right now until I'm deemed "raid worthy" so I'm most likely going to avoid the super expensive enchants right now. What I can do is reforge the bajebus out of things and change some gems. What stats do I need to focus on / can I sacrifice for a rage build at this point in the game?

Thanks a lot, I have to run an errand and I'll be back to clarify if need be.

As promised, here's the link. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oopajoo/simple

1: Never use Maul.
    2: Expertise is good, so you dont miss. Hit cap is also good. SoTF can be good in the start, but with gear go for incarnation.
    3: Use Mangle on cooldown, every time. Same with FF.
    4: Lacerate and trash.
    5: Swipe when nothing else.

Gem crit everywhere.

Hope it helps!
    eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/shattered-hand/Andycandyy/advanced

Quote Originally Posted by Hoopajoo View Post
    Hello again Druid forums!

I got bored around the time I went off my meds so I don't know if one has anything to do with the other... but during that time I figured I'd try tanking for the first time ever. First off, I apologize to almost every druid tank I've ever been mad at in a dungeon. My eyes were huge the entire run of my first tanking experience this morning, it was a lot to take in.

My question of course is about a rage build. I'll link my armory at the end of the thread here, but I sincerely have no idea what on earth I'm doing. Forgive the pvp gear I'm wearing and yes, I know my trinkets are bad. They'll be replaced ASAP I promise. I'm only doing heroics and scenarios right now until I'm deemed "raid worthy" so I'm most likely going to avoid the super expensive enchants right now. What I can do is reforge the bajebus out of things and change some gems. What stats do I need to focus on / can I sacrifice for a rage build at this point in the game?

Thanks a lot, I have to run an errand and I'll be back to clarify if need be.

As promised, here's the link. http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...oopajoo/simple
    There is a sticky containing all the info you need. Here is a link: http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...Survival-Guide Getting your hit and expertise up would be my recommended first step.

1: Never use Maul.
    There's more here than just "never use Maul". Rather at lower levels of gear you would never use Maul unless you're nearing or at 100 Rage and don't need to heal. Once you get more and more gear you'll become more comfortable with pre-emptively judging your Rage requirements and weaving in Maul before you reach 100, and using T&C procs.

2: Expertise is good, so you dont miss. Hit cap is also good. SoTF can be good in the start, but with gear go for incarnation.
    SotF is technically better below 40% Crit, but that's such a ridiculously low threshold that having to re-train yourself around using Incarnation isn't worth it. Just use Incarnation.

3: Use Mangle on cooldown, every time. Same with FF.
    Do not, under any circumstances, use FFF on cooldown. FFF is only used when Mangle and Lacerate are both on CD, and you do not need to refresh Thrash. This doesn't happen as often as you might think.

5: Swipe when nothing else.
    No. The only case where you would use Swipe is when you have 2+ targets and Thrash is on CD. Or at 4+ targets and both Lacerate and Thrash are on CD. It never replaces Mangle.