Thread: Totally lost

Totally lost

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/alemaite-2198/

That's my profile. I haven't played D3 in a long time and wanted to get into it again but the game changed completely it seems. As you can see Barb is my Main however Demon Hunter is the most fun to me.

Now my question, what am I supposed to do? I realize now there are Paragon Levels and Monster Power up to 10 and I have no idea what the hell to do. My gear is pretty much shit so I can't farm legendaries on MP10 and DH seem to be in terrible shape right now so should I farm with my Barb to get gear for my DH or is it not that bad? Is farming in Inferno still good or should I just farm gold to get enough gear and jump straight into MP and farm paragon levels?

No clue

It doesn't matter that much let me tell ya. RNG makes it all crap, no matter MP10 or MP1. I've been getting the same fucking Wizard Hat on my lvl 50 paragon Barb on MP6-7 the last couple of days farming. Just play whatever class makes you happy, level that character and slowly start gaining gold... you'll need it to buy better gear anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends on how much gold you have, really. For a couple million, you could upgrade all your gear on your demon hunter probably. Right now, you can probably farm better on your barbarian, just due to the way the game is right now. You could get the Immortal King set, and get some cheap pieces. Also, pick up the new BOA crafting patterns for the chest, amulet, shoulders, and bracers. Once you pick up some Demonic Essence, you can craft better pieces there than what you could find. After that, if you want to farm gear, it's just a matter of working on Paragon levels. Unless you really want to afford putting a bunch of magic find on your gear. I'm not really a fan of wasting the space on stats, and having to pay for the gear. I would suggest just working on paragon levels. If you're set on using your DH, as I said, you could upgrade his gear pretty easily. You can get a decent Manticore and Dead Man's Legacy for cheap, as well as some Natalya's pieces.

Not much Gold, like 1 mil after I bought that skorn for my barb.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    Not much Gold, like 1 mil after I bought that skorn for my barb.
    Start playing the AH. If you want tip's PM me. Its the only way to earn good gear, trust me. Not even gonna say that you could get a lucky drop as a suggestion.

Right now invest 5-10 million gold inn gear that is easly gotten if you sell all that you farm. Maybe 20 hours off farming or so tops. From there on, save 3-10 million up again, and start AH playing. Its very simple, and easy gold. The game is not meant to be farmed.

If you don't wanna AH farm, just hope for lucky drops, and farm efficently inn act3 until patch hits, witch makes a few area's better for farming than act3, but nothing mature. Just don't exspect ever to get above 25 million gold farming normally. I know I didn't ever hit that inn some 300 hours played, until I gave up and tried playing AH inn 1.7
    Last edited by Djuntas; 2013-04-26 at 09:08 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Right now I'm able to farm Act 3 MP2 on Inferno but I'm not sure what I should do, should I farm paragon levels first or are they not relevant?

Deleted
    1 Paragon level gives you the same stat bonus as a normal level up would. Plus you get +3% mf per Paragon level. So of course it makes a difference, but grinding them takes quite a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Tintenkiller View Post
    1 Paragon level gives you the same stat bonus as a normal level up would. Plus you get +3% mf per Paragon level. So of course it makes a difference, but grinding them takes quite a while.
    My question was rather if I should focus on getting the paragon level up to 100 or if I should focus on killing elites and getting loot.

Quote Originally Posted by alemaite View Post
    My question was rather if I should focus on getting the paragon level up to 100 or if I should focus on killing elites and getting loot.
    Do both at the same time?
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post
    Just don't exspect ever to get above 25 million gold farming normally. I know I didn't ever hit that inn some 300 hours played, until I gave up and tried playing AH inn 1.7
    My friend got his account hacked and he noticed he acquired 70 mil just from gold drops in a matter of a week. He had full +gold find and pickup radius gear. And I think it only took them 60 hours or so to farm.

So if anyone can stand EXTREMELY boring farming, you can earn a lot of money just from gold drops.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Do both at the same time?
    Basically this. It provides a kind of passive goal while you farm gear. There isn't really anything else to do. Just farm your gear and let the XP come. that's how I got so high.

Partying in Valhalla
    15+ Year Old Account
    For less than 5mil I just took my old monk from "stuck in act 2 inferno at release" to "just cleared inferno with only 3 deaths". Crazy how the game has changed and how the cost of items deflated.

Quote Originally Posted by Annoying View Post
    For less than 5mil I just took my old monk from "stuck in act 2 inferno at release" to "just cleared inferno with only 3 deaths". Crazy how the game has changed and how the cost of items deflated.
    Plus the fact, that leveling from 1-60 is just a joke with ez mode MP10 on normal,nightmare,hell runs and to extent in paragon lvling, if you got a decent equipped mate who could handle the 2player game difficulty in a higher MP as you in inferno.

I'm on a comeback right now, I have mostly played on launch,where it just couldnt compete on my games list anymore after 2 months.
    But nowadays, I have to say its pretty smove. Its all about smart buying and alot of grinding in the beginning to get you a lil rack of starting money and just slowly progress your gear and I tell you this really works the selffound way with smart actions and class knowledge. I am paragon 42 now and from about 30-42 it was just a nice breeze. With 2 selffarmed! hellfire rings for me and my npc buddy. Meaning leveling got a really smooth curve and with that constantly added mf and gf chance I just really start to find more legendaries and rare rings and amulets for something like 50-500k range and I had 2 rings and 1 rare on the way which sold for 2 mil each and 1 mil.

Legendaries dropped ALOT more often.

At about 300% MF and decent enough gear to steamroll MP3 alkaizer in 11-13mins each I had hours with like 7-8 including the occasional set drops. Ofc you have some crappy hours with zero or 1-2 but in the end you see the increase, definately.
    And on my archon wiz this is gear for like 12mil max , nothing shiny but enough to get this decent rate. A barb would steamroll this cheaper and faster, but they have a lot less of gold pick ups because of that speed and I tell you with higher gf this really makes a good chunk from your runs.
    With the npc crap rares + picked up gold (stacks drop like 2900ish max for me with plvl 42 now, imagine on plvl 100, sick.) I make about 100-150k each 11-13mins run. Add that up, just as side bonus to the better rare and legendary sells, quite some income.

But the reality is: They boss money is made with ah flips (which isn't hard either, with a certain minimum budget). Every streamer and good player will tell you that.