Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Wasn't he in Exodus back in WotLK or something? On Ysondre.
    Yes I think so. He was their raid leader or something (as far as I remember).

Quote Originally Posted by Caninese View Post
    I don't even know who Exodus is, maybe they are just tired of the game? Idk, it doesn't affect any of us in any way.
    Shut the fuck up cunt. Thats disrespectful.

Exodus has been a long time raiding guild, with many great kill's under there belt. Even yogg 0 worlds first, if you find bug's to be fair game.

Anywho, dosen't suprise me. Its the hole alt thing that has gotten over board really. Way to much grind is needet for such guilds to keep having a good roster.

Game is old to...

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 02:26 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Karlzone View Post
    Yes I think so. He was their raid leader or something (as far as I remember).
    He was yes. While he did join Midwinther inn MOP, before he quitted wow, he still raided with them for very long.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-05-01 at 02:27 PM.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingbear_grimbatol View Post
    Kripp never was a top hunter, he's been around for ages at a semi high level but not at the very top.
    That's simply not true. He had many rank 1 parses in WOTLK. He's never been in a world first guild, but concerning personal skill he was definitely one of the top hunters. Now he does races on Path of Exile lol.

And yes, he was in Exodus before he was in Midwinter.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post

Exodus has been a long time raiding guild, with many great kill's under there belt. Even yogg 0 worlds first, if you find bug's to be fair game.

Anywho, dosen't suprise me. Its the hole alt thing that has gotten over board really. Way to much grind is needet for such guilds to keep having a good roster.

Game is old to...
    How does Exodus not doing any competitive raiding affect you then? I don't see how he was disrespectful.

Quote Originally Posted by Treseme View Post
    Pretty harsh calling Midwinter "semi high level" when you can't even kill Durumu. :s
    And what does his raid progression have to do with anything?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by invictusordead View Post
    the real problem is that with 10m raiding taking the same achivs / loot that 25m guild, 25m guild are doomed to die, and with them dies the true epic feeling of wow.
    wow is dying and the cancer is the hardcore 10m guild, the cure will be unique achivs both for 10 and for 25, something like silver and gold ladders for ppl can real feeling rewarded.
    You get a greater chance of loot per person, and a greater variety of loot per kill (since bosses don't repeat drops per kill). A guild that wants to progress the fastest should always be a 25m guild.

Exodus is calling it quits?

A shame.. they were a pretty ripping band back in the day.

/Bonded by Blood

Old news anyone who knew the goings on in Exodus saw this coming the moment they merged with Vodka.
    Hopfully alot of the players trickle down to bulk up the top 15 US 25guilds.

And anyone who has any decent knowledge of Top end raiding knows in THOSE guilds that push insane 14 hour raid days on fresh tiers replace 30-40% of their entire roster between tiers. Completely new roster from one expansion to another.

In the end Exodus is just a name. It's the players that matter and some just laugh at the time investment and would rather clear stuff raiding 20 hours a week instead of per day.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-05-01 at 02:40 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Shouldnt've merged with Vodka...

The most tragic part of the Vodka/Exodus merge was no more Learn2Raid. Those videos were amazing and quite funny.

People complaining about the difficulty in prepping for raids in MoP, are clearly forgetting what it was like getting raid prepped in TBC.

Pots: usable every minute...not once during a fight
    Food: your own, no feasts
    Other Consumables: Fire mages scooped up all the Fire Leaf(+80 fire damage for 40 seconds, with a 2 min CD)
    Flasks: Only an hour, and always your own
    Resists: Lets not even talk about that ok.

Catch up and alt..there was no LFR/LFG/Heirloom Gear. You had to find time when you weren't farming, to play that alt. Good luck finding groups to do Heroic Shattered Halls.

World First Raiding has always been about the guilds/people that have the ABILITY to play the game and to dedicate as MUCH TIME to the game as humanly possible to arrive at the desired outcome. I don't think you hear about professional athletes complaining about how much harder it is to compete now, because the level of competition is higher do you....not if they are any good. The truly great, do more than "what is needed to compete". They do what is needed to win, and don't look back.
    Kifimbo,
    US-Garona

Quote Originally Posted by kif View Post
    People complaining about the difficulty in prepping for raids in MoP, are clearly forgetting what it was like getting raid prepped in TBC.

Pots: usable every minute...not once during a fight
    Food: your own, no feasts
    Other Consumables: Fire mages scooped up all the Fire Leaf(+80 fire damage for 40 seconds, with a 2 min CD)
    Flasks: Only an hour, and always your own
    Resists: Lets not even talk about that ok.

Catch up and alt..there was no LFR/LFG/Heirloom Gear. You had to find time when you weren't farming, to play that alt. Good luck finding groups to do Heroic Shattered Halls.

World First Raiding has always been about the guilds/people that have the ABILITY to play the game and to dedicate as MUCH TIME to the game as humanly possible to arrive at the desired outcome. I don't think you hear about professional athletes complaining about how much harder it is to compete now, because the level of competition is higher do you....not if they are any good. The truly great, do more than "what is needed to compete". They do what is needed to win, and don't look back.
    Yes but now we get 16/13 boss tiers every 5 months this expac instead of idk... Black temple for 1 year with no hardmodes?

Alot of bosses = alot of ptr testing = alot of raiding hours to make all of them dead for world 1st. Mix this with the diluted player pool since LFR launched and players just quitting the game for personal reasons unaffected by the game and you have a recipie for burnout.

Almost forgot the mandatory 1-3 alts and heroic raiding on those.

Thankfully I know how to pace myself and play 0 alts. Works out tho since I'm one of the best rets in the game thanks to my dedication.

In short what seperates the top 10 world from the top 10-100 is a gross 500% extra TIME investment.
    Last edited by anaxie; 2013-05-01 at 02:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by paralleluniverse View Post
    Funny that he doesn't blame Blizzard, but the reason he cites for Exodus' demise is the result of Blizzard's choices in MoP.

Back in the Wrath and Cata days, progression raiding guilds didn't need to do dailies, farm for coins, buy items on the BMAH, run LFR (excluding Hours of Twilight), and maintain armies of alts (excluding ToGC).

But now because of all the gimmicks that Blizzard has added, the fact that epics are on the BMAH before current tier bosses ever get killed, now that you can't cap valor by raiding, and that serious raiding guilds had to run LFR when MoP launched, Blizzard in MoP has forced serious raiders to have to grind through all these things to stay competitive.

"But no one is forced to do anything", they retort. And if you're one of the many people who subscribe to this argument, then you're out of touch with reality. This is what serious raiding guilds do to stay competitive. To claim that they don't have to do it, is to live in la-la land. In the real world, this is what happens. This is a fact of reality. And it's the result of Blizzard's poor design decision in MoP. But it doesn't have to be this way as WotLK and Cata shows.
    it was impossible for them to raid LFR when MoP launched

10+ Year Old Account
    let us raise our glasses of mead and think fondly back over Exodus's past achievements.

there there. there there.
    Hi

Quote Originally Posted by uopayroll View Post
    it was impossible for them to raid LFR when MoP launched
    you're being technical and LFR is a horrible time investment with the FIVE wings on launch and FOUR in ToT VS TWO in dragon soul. For alot of people legendary items appear to have a higher droprate in LFR by no acccident I'm sure and some players would rather get all their legendary items upfront at the start of week too I suppose.

And in other sad news, the family down the street is moving out of town....yeah, don't much care about that either!

Lol @ thinking LFR or dailys has anything to do with hardcore guilds dying are people that stupid? They arent spending their time running LFR they're spending time running normals or heroics over and over to gear 4-5 alts. So he's right in saying blizz has nothing to do with this because having many gear alts an raiding 14-16 hours a day was created by the players not by blizz. You used to have 1 main and maybe 1 alt max even in a world first guild. Needing to gear that many chars to feed gear to mains and raiding so many hours is purely a player creation and is obv gonna cause burnout

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightelfsb View Post

Game is old to...

---------- Post added 2013-05-01 at 02:26 PM ----------

He was yes. While he did join Midwinther inn MOP, before he quitted wow, he still raided with them for very long.

Infracted.
    I think you're being dissrespectful, not respecting others opinion.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hopefully I'm not the only one who thought you were posting about the demise of one of the greatest second wave thrash bands.

Glad to see they're not stopping :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Wish they'd get rid of 10/25 and just make it 15.

It's funny, a few months ago when vodka and Exodus merged because a lot of their members had quit at the end of T14, I remember saying on these forums how things like dailies and coins were certainly a factor. But throngs of people were saying that no way could something like that even factor in to a decision to quit the game for a top world raider. Well now you've heard it from Killars himself.

These people play to raid, not do chores outside of raids on 3 characters. They value their personal time like any normal player and like to be able to take a night off, go to a bar, or just unwind playing other games.

Even in a hardcore guild if you are presumably raiding every time you can get 25 people together, that still leaves a lot of time during the week when you can't get a full raid together due to people being at work, school, etc. Even a world first guild can be predominantly "raid loggers" so that people that just enjoy raiding can just raid.

Imagine if in order to min/max your arena gear you had to do dailies every single day? I bet that would cause some Gladiator burnout.