Page 1 of 3
1
2
3
LastLast
  1. #1

    Is healing out of control this patch??

    It seems as though healing is out of control in this patch.
    If you play 2's 1dps/1healer team.
    there is no way any of the dps can kill the healer so game goes on forever until somebody gives up or somebody makes a mistake.
    if you have 2 dps and there is a healer on opposide team, is very difficult to kill him.

    Do you guys notice this too??
    And what are your thoughts on the state of healing in PVP

  2. #2
    Stood in the Fire Ticj's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    Georgia
    Posts
    448
    Yes, they heal way too much, impossible to take down most of the time, and Disc priests are most definetly the worst.

  3. #3
    it just takes a good amount of coordination really.

    I play disc and run with a BM hunter. There have been a few double dps teams that have gotten the better of us unfortunatley. It basically comes down to surviving the initial burst and burns (I try to have my teammate be the bait, helps a ton!) and only trinket at the best time to do so (which can be a bit hard to tell). Essentially, take advantage of chaining your cc abilities and lining them up just right and it shouldn't be TOO tough.

  4. #4
    I cap 2s with a holy paladin and we just afk out if there is a healer lol.

  5. #5
    Yeah although disc priest are not that bad as before patch, resto druids and mistweaver monks are pretty much immortal still. I mean hots that heal 50% on few ticks and endless number of cc that druids have and mobility that causes them to be immune to even be roots pretty much, you'd need the chain stunning that only warriors can provide to get any hp from a druid. Mistweavers, frickin 45 sec cd aoe paladin bubble. In 2vs2 you can burst them to 50% and then it's 8 sec bubble to 100% then cc, disarm and then we can burst them to 50% again and then they bubble and it's endless cycle. Who ever invented Ring of Peace must be just pure evil. And the mana lasts forever, priests and holy paladins at least go oom after 3-5 minutes.

  6. #6
    healing has always been to high in 2v2, this isn't something new.

    It's because healers are supposed to outheal 2 DPS at once and not 1. The game is not balanced around 2v2.

  7. #7
    High Overlord Ramaloce's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Friend Safari
    Posts
    192
    It's more along the lines of everything is a little out of control. Healing (mostly the instants), CC (mostly the instants), burst (CD stacking).

  8. #8
    Mechagnome Kildragon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Twisting Nether
    Posts
    674
    Healing is balanced around RBGs and 3s, not 2s. Also, healers need to be able to heal as much as they do, since the CC in this game is insanely high. If healers were to heal for less, you wouldn't ever be able to keep people alive.

    As for the part of your post where you say "this patch", I dare you to watch the replay of the WotLK Blizzcon finals. I think it was either 2010 or 2009. If you couldn't kill someone while the healer was CC'ed, they would be topped of 100% of the time. Healing was just as strong back then as it was now. The biggest difference then, was that healers went oom faster and that Resto Druids were absolute gods. Lifeblooms + Rejuv on a target meant unkillable.

  9. #9
    no its not, in fact healing is very weak compared to the past expansions, even cata
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  10. #10
    Dreadlord Kyuubi87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    no its not, in fact healing is very weak compared to the past expansions, even cata
    I wouldn't agree on that.

  11. #11
    Regarding cc and that's there too much, yes some classes have plenty warriors and mages come to mind and now warlocks and some have very little. Shamans for example, hex 45 sec cd and druids are immune to it, then we have the capacitor totem the worst cc in the game. 45 sec cd stationary totem that when placed even the stupidest person can see and run out of range, unless you're rooted which for example druids again are immune.

    Yet we can't even use heroism in arena to have little more burst, yet Ring of peace is available to monks, bubble is available to paladins and ice block available for mages, if you compare classes having big long cd specific cooldowns, as now for enchance for example our burst is every 3 minutes for few seconds. We can dispel druid hots by spammin purge but that just takes away damage since we have to gcd spam it instead and when we start doing damage again the instant cast druid hots are back on target. In a 5 minute fight holy paladin was oom at 2 minutes and druid was still at ~100% mana after the 5 minutes, so even the healing capabilities of healers aren't even close to balanced.
    Last edited by rede; 2013-04-27 at 12:51 PM.

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Stormspellz View Post
    no its not, in fact healing is very weak compared to the past expansions, even cata
    Agreed with this.

    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    I wouldn't agree on that.
    He's right. I've been playing healers ever since TBC and they've never been as weak as they currently are. I am also by now convinced DPS wouldn't stop whining about enemy healers even if they were to drop dead the second they look at them. DPS for some obscure reason don't see healers as real players but more as some kind of NPC existing solely to cater to what they want and support their fun.

    Healers aren't meant to be killed by a single dps, otherwise there would be no reason to bring them along, ever as in any situation your team would face more than one enemy having a healer would be a hindrance.

  13. #13
    Yep, I'm pretty sure healing is at one of the weakest points it's ever been, probably comparable to Cata healing in S9. I can't think of any previous season where 1 DPS could kill 1 healer, unless it was a FOTM class against a non-FOTM healer. Healers in MoP still die extremely easily to Mages/DKs/Rogues if they don't have any peels.

  14. #14
    Healing might be experienced as out of control in 1v1 and quite possibly 2v2 in certain matchups.

    Those doesnt matter tho.

    Healing is weak in 3v3 where the balance is aimed.

  15. #15
    how about a 2v2 specific heal-specc-only heal-reduction debuff (what a term...)?
    not a flat 50% as there are still 2 people to outheal and them having a "lose-timer" considering them not having enough (self-)heal, but something along 25% seems reasonable to me.

    p.s.
    you heard this here first. we'll see it 2 big patches from now in-game (5.5 if it'll exist) ;D

  16. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    how about a 2v2 specific heal-specc-only heal-reduction debuff (what a term...)?
    not a flat 50% as there are still 2 people to outheal and them having a "lose-timer" considering them not having enough (self-)heal, but something along 25% seems reasonable to me.

    p.s.
    you heard this here first. we'll see it 2 big patches from now in-game (5.5 if it'll exist) ;D
    so you want to 2v2 have a battle fatigue of 75%, on other words you don't want healers to ever play 2v2 huh.
    Stormspellz -mugthol
    Battletag - Stormz#1438

  17. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    Yep, I'm pretty sure healing is at one of the weakest points it's ever been, probably comparable to Cata healing in S9. I can't think of any previous season where 1 DPS could kill 1 healer, unless it was a FOTM class against a non-FOTM healer. Healers in MoP still die extremely easily to Mages/DKs/Rogues if they don't have any peels.
    Agreed. And in season 9 they almost immediatly reacted and buffed healers by quite a lot because they were for all purposes a hindrance to their team and their whole "slower heals, lower damage, lower healing" idea didn't work out for damage at all.



    Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    how about a 2v2 specific heal-specc-only heal-reduction debuff (what a term...)?
    not a flat 50% as there are still 2 people to outheal and them having a "lose-timer" considering them not having enough (self-)heal, but something along 25% seems reasonable to me.

    p.s.
    you heard this here first. we'll see it 2 big patches from now in-game (5.5 if it'll exist) ;D
    And then you'd only ever meet 2 dps teams. Because they would steamroll any healer + dps team. Even now a 2 dps team dps team has a fair shot at defeating an healer + dps team.

  18. #18
    Dreadlord Kyuubi87's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    965
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    Agreed with this.


    He's right. I've been playing healers ever since TBC and they've never been as weak as they currently are. I am also by now convinced DPS wouldn't stop whining about enemy healers even if they were to drop dead the second they look at them. DPS for some obscure reason don't see healers as real players but more as some kind of NPC existing solely to cater to what they want and support their fun.

    Healers aren't meant to be killed by a single dps, otherwise there would be no reason to bring them along, ever as in any situation your team would face more than one enemy having a healer would be a hindrance.
    Certainly not in 2v2, some healers won't die ever and the games goes on until somebody gives up.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by Kyuubi87 View Post
    Certainly not in 2v2, some healers won't die ever and the games goes on until somebody gives up.
    In the current situation, maybe. But that is mostly due to class design. Try getting a good grip on a monk with only 1 dps. But changing anything about the current situation would only end up other healers who don't have chi torpedo/ring of bullshit/stun and so on.

  20. #20
    Over 9000! apepi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Mostly harmless
    Posts
    9,562
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    In the current situation, maybe. But that is mostly due to class design. Try getting a good grip on a monk with only 1 dps. But changing anything about the current situation would only end up other healers who don't have chi torpedo/ring of bullshit/stun and so on.
    Wow is not balanced for 2v2, I healers had to be good at healing because burst is(was) high. So to compensate healers also have to be good.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •