Official open blizzcon forum area during season petition

As the title states. Would be nice to have a forum to discuss plans and events as well as contacts for travel. This is pretty much a Blizzard dedicated website after all.

That sounds like a good idea. It would give people like me who have never been to a BlizzCon a way of getting some information or tips ahead of time so I can include them into the planning of the trip.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think we need a whole forum section, but we'll probably have a megathread when it gets closer for everyone to share details and tips!

Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    I don't think we need a whole forum section, but we'll probably have a megathread when it gets closer for everyone to share details and tips!
    you and I both know megathreads are pointless. So much good info gets lost in the countless pages.

Not asking for a full time open forum, only during the season of, a short time before, and a short time after blizzcon.

Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy029 View Post
    you and I both know megathreads are pointless. So much good info gets lost in the countless pages.
    Yeah, thats my main concern with a megathread too. Although I do understand how having an entire forum dedicated to it is a bit much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by crawdaddy029 View Post

Not asking for a full time open forum, only during the season of, a short time before, and a short time after blizzcon.
    So you have two extremes - One, the megathread, where good info gets buried rather quickly; and two, a forum, which gets spammed full of countless threads, all on the same topic, mods have to move in and merge/close them as quickly as possible to keep relative info up front. Unfortunately, there is no happy medium.

I vote Megathread, and whoever actually starts it should take the responsibility to keep the first post updated with relevant information as it's posted.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    I vote Megathread, and whoever actually starts it should take the responsibility to keep the first post updated with relevant information as it's posted.
    Yeah, I hope to do something like that -- keeping the first post updated with quotes of the best tips, etc. I just can't imagine that there would be enough interest in threads for a whole subforum, and it's a bit sad to just close the forum afterward.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Sunshine View Post
    Yeah, I hope to do something like that -- keeping the first post updated with quotes of the best tips, etc. I just can't imagine that there would be enough interest in threads for a whole subforum, and it's a bit sad to just close the forum afterward.
    why not have a general convention subforum in the videogame section or off-topic? then it can also be used for PAX, E3, gamescon, minecon and even general conventions like Sci-Fi conventions and such. it could be open year round.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't think there's a general need -- there are relatively few of these, and we usually get a thread that's a few pages long, but not more than that.