Spirit of the Storm Lord (Legendary Quest)

Has anyone solo'd this quest as a mage? If so any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

It is possible with an item that removes you from combat, but I just can't remember the name of the item atm. Also it is possible to kite nalak with rocket boots+ mirror images on top of the stairs + glider as far as you can and ice block when nalak catches you again. But really just get a friend or two and it's a cake walk..
    Last edited by mrgreenthump; 2013-04-27 at 03:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    It is possible with an item that removes you from combat, but I just can't remember the name of the item atm. Also it is possible to kite nalak with rocket boots+ mirror images on top of the stairs + glider as far as you can. But really just get a friend or two and it's a cake walk..
    The item you are referring to the the Salyin Battle Banner, from the Salyin War Scout rarespawn in the Valley of the Four Winds.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

10+ Year Old Account
    Actually doing it with only 1 friend isn't a cakewalk, you get the storm debuff and die after a while if you don't have a healer.

There must be 1 grp all the time doing Nalak, cut the risks and go with a group.

Deleted
    I did it with a friend very easily.

Grab a friend, tell him to aggro Nalak then run up the stairs to make him depop.
    Use the item while Nalak if following your friend, the add will pop and you just have to run in circles for a while.

Did it last week on my first try, very easy

Deleted
    So, there was no one around this morning doing a group so I did a bit of reading about what the quest actually requires you to do, once you lance the World Boss it spawns an add and this is the key to doing this quest solo without actually having to kill Nalak.

Firstly go to the courtyard where Nalak spawns, if you run past him - directly behind him is a room which gains you entry to the ToT raid instance. In that room as well as the portal are a load of NPCs...

So, run within range of Nalak - pull him ideally with a dot or something thats going to make him stay on you for a bit and run into the ToT instance room (not INTO the instance tho! hehe). The four NPCs at the entrance will agro the boss and dump the agro off you.

Run THROUGH Nalak into the courtyard and throw the spear. You should see an orange line between you and the sky from where the add is spawned. Now all you have to do is kite that add away. If it hits you its a one shot but it moves really really slowly. Use personal cooldowns, and have some health pots etc just incase because you may well get the lightning bebuff etc that Nalak does. If Nalak kills the NPCs then don't worry because he can despawn - its the add thats the important part.

The add is constantly losing health you don't have to kill / attack it, it'll just get to 0 and die/quest complete - so just kite around the courtyard

Took me a couple of goes but its really very simple once you get the positioning right. Failing that just ask 1 person to help they can kite the boss away, but the NPCs worked perfectly.

Good luck!

Did anyone try: Pull -> spear -> blazing speed -> invisibillity?
    Sounds like something that could work since other methods of dropping aggro/combat doesn't seem to affect the quest add.

Also added the pull before spear because it seems to bug out if you pull with the spear (Add not spawning)
    Quote Originally Posted by PhillieB View Post
    Well the shadow-priest ain't a daffodil tooting snuggle bunny either. Besides this is the priest forum not gonna get much love for that line of reasoning here locky-loo - All your sha are belonging to us.

15+ Year Old Account
    just wait for your faction to go for nalak. tag it, throw the spear.. kite and win.

Deleted
    I did this for my brother, he plays a Shaman. I pulled Nalak, blinked, popped Iceblock and used Greater Invis as soon as my Iceblock ran out. By that time I got out of combat, he never got in combat with Nalak, but had plenty of time using the item. Kited the add around and got the item.

Easy as hell. I suggest you do it exactly like that. Don't be grouped, clearly.

N.B. Since I'm frost, don't forget to dismiss your Water Elemental

Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    Did anyone try: Pull -> spear -> blazing speed -> invisibillity?
    I tried, once invisible you loose the link

Quote Originally Posted by Roguezor View Post
    Also added the pull before spear because it seems to bug out if you pull with the spear (Add not spawning)
    It not a bug - read the quest (it says clearly - throw the spear AFTER engaging Nalak)
    Black Price also mentioned, that you have to throw it 'not too soon, not too late'.

I got a DK tank from a guild for help - he kept the boss on himself

just need a friend who can invis / feign, or doesn't mind dying.

They pull, you use poker, they died feign etc.

You kite ghost.

Its soloable as frost !
    You need to kite the boss up the stairs behind it, the guards will tank the boss while you kite the adds along the walls until its dead

- Make sure you got Blazing speed, Incanters Ward, and Ice Barrier.
    - Place yourself at max range between the boss and the stairs behind the boss
    - Summon water elemental and move it onto the side of the boss
    - Use Ice Barrier, wait until you have 5sec or less left on the CD to be able to use it again shortly!
    - Let water elemental attack the boss and throw the spear at the same time.
    - Start moving backwards up the stairs, Use Blazing speed + Blink (make sure you dont get to far ahead, else you loose the link to the add)
    - LoS the boss along the wall and let guards tank the boss, make sure you use Incanters Ward aswell as soon your Ice Barrier is broke.
    - Place yourself in the far corner of the room and wait for add to come close and start kiting along the walls until its dead(use Blazing speed and Blink)
    Also its nice to have Healing potions and even a Lock healthstone if possible to survive.

- Freak

That is essentially what I did on my last attempt. I went the other way out away from the palace. I died with 10% left on the add, my LFR queue popped, and when I came back a group was in combat with him. I was glad I got to finish the quest, but a little sad that I didn't get to solo it being that I was so close.

Quote Originally Posted by spaace View Post
    just wait for your faction to go for nalak. tag it, throw the spear.. kite and win.
    u dont even need tag i done it while opisate faction had tag, but as a mage dosent invis reset combat?

attack nalak throw spear use invis combat should reset kite spirit win

note i dont have a mage so no idea if itl'll work
    Last edited by thunderdragon2; 2013-05-02 at 02:30 PM.

Using invis made the spirit despawn aswell.. also tryed the greather invis didnt work either