Page 1 of 2
LastLast

SoO speculation and ideas SPOILERS POSSIBLE

So what are peoples ideas about what we might see in SoO, number of bosses, raid lay out what kinda cool abliitys do you want to see.

my layout.

you start out at bladefist bay, fight up the road till you reach the gate and encounter the first boss.

Boss 1
    a massive orc with a tower shield and sword, main fight mechanics have to do with different archers and bombers attacking you from the wall, using the fire ice and poison patches they make to deal with the boss.

you then breakdown the gate, Jana and Sunreaver doing a combo magic blast that blows the gate, and wall behind it in, you set up a base just inside the Valley of Strength.

at this point the raid branches out into 3 paths, ICC like, do them any order you want, don't need to complete one to try the others, and no gating

Wing 1 Valley of spirits detention camp.

in this wing you are fighting to free the trolls held prisoner, killing trash can drop keys that unlock troll cages, the trolls then help fight for you, wont work on bosses tho.

Boss 2
    a troll traitor who sided with garrosh and helped to imprison his fellow trolls, fight revolves around killing adds that give keys to free special named trolls that give you a buff, while dealing with the traitors MC and other abliitys

you then move into the central building, a massive dark iron structure, built over the crushed troll homes, and fight the head warden
    Boss 3
    The head warden, not really sure what he would do, but seams like a good boss to have in the raid.

Wing 2 Cleft of Shadows and RFC

In this wing you fight with riko and kiryn if horde, and maybe some SI7 agents if alliance,

Boss 4
    Garroshes head assassin, found at the entrance to RFC. basic rogue fight, toxins smoke bombs, maybe some shadow magic

moving into RFC you find a ton of dark fire and earth elementals until you reach a basin ringed by lava.

Boss 5 a darkshamman, will summon fire and earth adds, as well as filling the room with lava, forcing you to jump from pillar to pillar to stay alive.

after that you move thought the cavern encountering felorcs and failed mogu fleshshaping experimenter, till you reach the main lab, and let louse the next boss

Boss 6 "the Monstrosity" a giant half feral deformed and powerful orc experiment, subjected to felbood and mogu flesh shaping, it has a meteor effect on its attacks and some mutating powers, "dies" at 5% and starts going on a rampage, kiryn trys to stop it but is smacked down and as shes almost crushed, riko jump on its face and claws out its eyes, causing it to fall back onto something spiky. Riko then crawls away dieing in her arms, only to be reserected as the first forsaken hozen due to her kiss. we all so see garrosh has been using demons blood on orcs in a search for power.

Wing 3 Valley of honor

you start by finding Tuaren or Worgen pinned down in the drag by archers on the wall and bombing air forces you deiced to take a transporter and hit the valley from its north gate.

Boss 7 "Warmachine 7678xv"
    a massive goblin shredder with missiles and lasers, main weakness is it can overheat stunning it and increasing the damage it takes.

you then move to take out the air force bombing your forces outside the gate, enconting the 8 boss

boss 8 the beast master, the orc in charge of garroshes monsters from all over Azeroth he breaks open cages forcing you to fight whatever is inside them.

you steal some mounts and fly to the gate at this point noticing that the enemies on the wall have dumped burning oil over both sides, setting the ground on fire, landing on the wall you clear out its defenders, and face the general on top.

Boss 9 general whatevername, the fight revolves around avoiding knock backs that could send you into the fire on ether side of the crumbling wall

you then attack Gromash hold, and inside you first fight garroshes bodyguards

Boss 10 "the bloodguard" a council fight, where your goal is to use the ablitys of one boss to hurt or alter another, the warrior boss shockwaveing the one casting the big heal for example.

you then fight garrosh as boss number 11

after downing garrosh, who is defeated at 1%, all the major faction leaders enter, Aggra demands to know where thall is given that he went to org in 5.3 garrosh laughs thought his own blood and points to a banner on the wall before dieing, behind the banner we find a secret room filled with demon tech and beside a demonic portal device, the broken remains of the doomhammer. the leaders argue about who if anyone should go into the portal which is collapsing, Velen comments that he senses the other side is his home world, Argus, finally as the portal collapses Anduin Wrynn jumps through telling his father to have faith that he will return with thrall. the portal slams shut, Jana commenting that with the device, they should be able to open a new, stable portal to Argus, in time.

well that's my idea, tons of speculation but throw your ideas out there to, i know mines kinda horde centered but i don't know a ton of alliance lore so fill in gaps if you want

10+ Year Old Account
    Seems fair enough, except I'm not sure Thrall will live through the siege. Too much foreshadowing at his death.

Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    Seems fair enough, except I'm not sure Thrall will live through the siege. Too much foreshadowing at his death.
    For all we know he is dead on Argus. next expansion we go there and find his body.

The thing is that the raid won't be just Orgrimmar and its surrounding areas. From the CoverItLive Dev transcript:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One of the major complaints about the final Cataclysm raid was the lack of new environments. How do you plan to avoid this problem in the Siege of Orgrimmar?
    Lesson learned. You can plan on seeing new environments in the 5.4 raid for sure. (along with Orgrimmar)

I expect the following bosses, obviously subject to change:

1. Warlord Zaela, on that black Proto-Drake. It's a good way to open; have her flying around the gates or wherever.

2. Currently unnamed Goblin Merc(s) It's not gonna be Gallywix, he's a coward, and the Bilgewater don't like Garrosh, presumably.

3. Unnamed Orc Beastmaster. Perhaps this fight takes place near the beast pens, or close, and he summons in various beasts to aid him during the fight, not limited to but including Magnataur or something.

4. Orc artillery batallion holding up the drag.

5. Shattered Hand or Warlocks. Or both. Cleft of Shadows fun time! (I expect all these areas to be resized for the raid, or something.) (After this point, we go into RFC)

6. Dark Shaman, the great evil No-name! Throw some Sha-power in here.

7. Mutated Orc dude. Like the thing in RFC right now. (That's the best boss name ever.)

8. Save Thrall! I fully expect a fight where we have to protect Thrall from danger and heal him and stuff.

9. Malkorok - A true test against a zealous orc Warrior. Sounds like a plan. *Maybe* put some Sha stuff in here?

10. Garrosh/Garroshaarj - Garrosh is the beginning, and the fight ends with him being fully corrupted by Y'shaarj. This also takes place in the deepest parts of RFC.

I think that covers all the...Orc-etypes...I'm so funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Bullshot View Post
    The thing is that the raid won't be just Orgrimmar and its surrounding areas. From the CoverItLive Dev transcript:

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    One of the major complaints about the final Cataclysm raid was the lack of new environments. How do you plan to avoid this problem in the Siege of Orgrimmar?
    Lesson learned. You can plan on seeing new environments in the 5.4 raid for sure. (along with Orgrimmar)

I could see them going with "let's start in Pandaria with the 7th Sha, then do gunship #3 to Org to kill Garrosh."

toomanyrifts.blogspot.ca || A Gaming Blog

Deleted
    10. Garrosh/Garroshaarj - Garrosh is the beginning, and the fight ends with him being fully corrupted by Y'shaarj. This also takes place in the deepest parts of RFC.
    I would actually prefer if he was having some kind of mental struggle with the sha/Y'shaaraj. In phase 1 you attack Garrosh himself. In phase 2 you fight the sha or whatever. In phase 3 Garrosh takes full control over it.

Don't think garrosh is sha possessed, hes been going batshit way before he ever came to pandaria.

Quote Originally Posted by Canpinter View Post
    Don't think garrosh is sha possessed, hes been going batshit way before he ever came to pandaria.
    Mmhmm. Blizzard has been adamant in communicating that Garrosh is, and will die, as Garrosh (as recently as this week's interview). No corruption, no possession, just power hungry and desperate to maintain control of his horde.

I see him weaponizing at least one of his little research projects as part of his encounter, be it his Sha infatuation, or his experiments in Ragefire, or something else he's messing with.

Breaching the Gates
    -A naval/airship encounter as we enter the city. It has been suggested that the alliance and horde enter from different sides of the city, so Alliance by sea, horde by airship.
    -Magtha may make a appearance; unlikely, but Garrosh may turn to new allies in desperation. Or she takes advantage of the siege and attacks TB again, deferring resources for a while.
    -attacked by Zaela / Dragonmaw drakes.

In the City
    -up for grabs. Warlock schtuff, perhaps.
    -Wouldn't be too surprised to see Aethas, or at least some Blood Elf supporting Garrosh. We have to acknowledge the whole Divine Bell schpiel. One of them did it, and they obviously support garrosh enough to risk their attachment to the Kirin Tor
    -Some form of sha outbreak standing outside of the ragefire entrance.

Ragefire
    -Dark shaman / elemental based encounter.
    -We know he's looking into the production of warriors through similar means as the Saurok. As with every big bad, he has his prime experiment of immense power and fatal flaw. Some elemental / sha infused mess of an Orc.
    -If Thrall IS captured, he'd be held here, subject to some form of experimentation. Save/beat/escape.

The Keep
    -Malkorok, with an add heavy fight is almost guaranteed. Any remaining horde supporters jump into the fray.
    -Garrosh himself, one regular encounter, one supercharged.

3 from the siege, 3 pushing through to Ragefire, 3 inside Rage fire, and 3 at the keep. Not sure what else to expect without some generic horde supporters. Excited, either way
    Last edited by Bashkar; 2013-04-27 at 01:39 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhallows View Post
    I expect the following bosses, obviously subject to change:

1. Warlord Zaela, on that black Proto-Drake. It's a good way to open; have her flying around the gates or wherever.

2. Currently unnamed Goblin Merc(s) It's not gonna be Gallywix, he's a coward, and the Bilgewater don't like Garrosh, presumably.

3. Unnamed Orc Beastmaster. Perhaps this fight takes place near the beast pens, or close, and he summons in various beasts to aid him during the fight, not limited to but including Magnataur or something.

4. Orc artillery batallion holding up the drag.

5. Shattered Hand or Warlocks. Or both. Cleft of Shadows fun time! (I expect all these areas to be resized for the raid, or something.) (After this point, we go into RFC)

6. Dark Shaman, the great evil No-name! Throw some Sha-power in here.

7. Mutated Orc dude. Like the thing in RFC right now. (That's the best boss name ever.)

8. Save Thrall! I fully expect a fight where we have to protect Thrall from danger and heal him and stuff.

9. Malkorok - A true test against a zealous orc Warrior. Sounds like a plan. *Maybe* put some Sha stuff in here?

I think that covers all the...Orc-etypes...I'm so funny.
    Seems accurate but I'm going to call it now. The Garrosh you fight will be uncorrupted and Y'Shaarj will be an 11th heroic-only boss.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ulqiorra View Post
    If you equate playing WoW to having electricity, I feel very, very happy for the rest of the world, as that kind of thinking will, inevitably, lead to the eradication of your seed from the gene pool.
    WoW Toons: Duskwind (retired)/Duskrime (retired)
    Diablo 3 Profile

Deleted
    Horde and Alliance have different intro, also a different entrance to the instance:

Vol'Jin has managed to get to Orgrimmar's frontgates, protected by a shield created by Sunreaver and Kirin Tor mages.
    Alliance start on a boat followed by a fleet leaded by Varian himself.

Horde tries to breach the frontgate (unsuccesfully) while the Alliance readies their boats and gryphon riders for bombardment on Orgrimmar, so different trash.

All bosses are for both sides:

1. Windrider Master. He and his wyvern mount await on a Horde airship, adds include other wyverns, goblin airpriests and saboteurs.
    Once defeated you make the ship collaps on the frontgate, now it has been breached.
    You charge into Orgrimmar and kill every Kor'Kron and corrupted Horde inside.

2. Goblin Shredder, kite the boss around the Valley of Strength (tacts)
    We see Garrosh on top of Grommash Hold, protected by some sort of shield created by immense power. Before we can deal with Garrosh, we have to destroy the source of the shield. It appears to come from deep under Orgrimmar.
    Making your way over there by going to the Cleft of Shadows, you are stopped by

3. Kor'Kron Wolfriders, the strongest members of Garrosh his Elite Guard.
    - Plate-armored Fel Orc, Tank
    - Beastmaster, DPS
    - Battle Mender, Healer

You enter the Cleft of Shadows, Dark Shamans all over the place, they're summoning what appears to be:

4. Eart/Fire/Dark phased Elemental, an abomination of those three essences.

Heading into the core of Ragefire (where Slagmaw is now)

5. Dire Orc, something with lava and platforms.

Getting to an unknown part of Ragefire, filled with dark magics

6. Dark Shaman, with corrupted Ascendance form.

Backroom where the power that feeds the shield is coming from, the ancient titan machine found in the Dark Heart of Pandaria scenario.

7. Norushen and the machine, something with life blood and maddening whispers.

Nor figured out what after that, but bosses will include:
    - Garrosh's beast collection
    Multi-boss fight perhaps, Magnataurs, Gronns.
    - (maybe) a Blood Elf (Thalen Songweaver??)
    Arcane adds etc.
    - Warlord Zaela and Black Proto-Drake
    Zaela being more the add, Proto-Drake with hatchlings.
    - Malkorok (hard to figure this, maybe an one encounter dual boss with Zaela)
    - Garrosh
    Empowered add phases.
    - (maybe) Sha of Pride
    Last edited by mmoc1cb88fe73b; 2013-04-27 at 09:11 PM.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think we are going to see an approach similar to ToT as each section of the city (or new parts beneath it) represent a further descent into his desperation. At the start you're going to see strong traditional Orc themed encounters and as you get further into the instance you're going to start to see some really fucked up experiments and mogu relic infused bosses.

Blizzard said Garrosh is just a bad apple and hopefully that holds true. They can easily make the fight interesting though by him utilizing/mastering these artifacts he dug up in Pandaria. It would be pretty cool if he was so full of Pride that the Sha of Pride can't actually corrupt him outright, that he actually has mastered all aspects of the Sha and can fully utilize it as a weapon.

Of course a bonus boss that sets up a prelude to the next expansion?

They will defiantly need to change the layout and size of org for the raid.

I would have a Vehicle encounter bosses for the Ogrimmar raid.
    An Aerial Battle and Vehice Siege of a Fortress just like Ulduar.

First encounter of the Raid
    The Gates of Ogrimmar

Alliance Only Vehicles:

Siege Engines (Heavy Armor)
    Gnomish Spider Tanks (DPS Oriented)
    Armored Horses (CC and Damage enhancer much like motorcycle role in Ulduar)
    Flying Machines (Flys over and along side units to take out Garrosh's Flyers and assist dps)

Horde Only Vehicles

Demolishers ( Heavy Armor )
    Goblin Shredders ( DPS Oriented )
    Armored Raptors ( Counterpart to the Alliance Armored Horse)
    Darkspear Bats ( Counterpart to Alliance Flying Machine )

Enemies
    Those Giant Round Sawblade launchers outside of Orgrimmar
    Dire Orc Infantry
    Worg Riders
    Orc Warlocks and Giant Infernals
    Dark Shamans and Elementals
    Orc Proto Behemoth Riders
    Orc Chimera Riders
    Orc Burrows
    Orc Towers

Final Boss
    A Super Solider Dire Orc/Ogre Hulk with Living Steel inbedded in this Skin. Gets progressivly larger as the fight goes on. Think Colossus fused with the Hulk on a Bad Day.
    Dark Shamans would becasting Bloodlust healing and increasing his size/damage while Warlocks would be casting curses Increasing his Immolate Aura and giving him new abilities.

The Fight could only be fought with the Vehicles like Flame Leviathan.

Truly the most awesome Siege ever to take place. Only to be shot down by so many complainers that vehicles are hard.
    I already posted this somewhere else but I meant it for this post.
    Last edited by Lastlivingsoul; 2013-04-28 at 07:44 AM.

Alliance start off at Bladefist Bay, Horde start off at Razor Hill.

1) Raider Jhash and Kerr (optional)- Patrol from the coastline to Razor Hill. Basic two-boss boss fight.
    Head off towards the gates of Orgimmar

2) Dire Orc - Maybe a named Kor'Kron we've seen before who has mutated into a Dire Orc. Mechanics revolve around getting him to break down the gate.
    With the gates down, we see a massive Kor'kron army right passed the gate. Realizing we can't march, each factions opts to take their own ship and bomb the ground forces/defenses of Org. While in the air they fight

3) Zaela - Similar to Blackhorn, fight deals with us killing her Proto-Dragon before she lands on the ship to fight us herself.
    Afterwards, the ship sustains to much damage from both turrets and the Proto-Dragon, so we all land where the FP is in Org. The factions both land at the same time, the first time in the raid they see each other. A few soldiers break command.

4) Faction Champions 2.0 - 4 enemy soldiers who start attacking your faction.
    This fight causes an outbreak of the Sha, warping Org.
    The raid now forks

5) Mercenary Shredder (optional) - Fought in the Goblin slums.

6) Beasts of War (optional) - Fought in the Arena, a Kor'Kron beastmaster releases Magnataur, Etinn and Mushan.
    The raid walks towards the Cleft of Shadows

7) Dark Shaman - Fought in the entrance to Cleft of Shadows. After you kill him, he collapses the entrance to the CoS, so we can not enter RFC.
    We head off towards Grommash Hold. Garrosh himself comes out to answer to the armies.

8) Garrosh Hellscream - More of an add fight, Varian/Vol'Jin fight Garrosh as the raid fights off waves of Kor'Kron/Sha enemies.
    Garrosh retreats back to Grommash, saying what he planned for the Orcs is willing to sacrifice some honour for.
    Varian and Vol'Jin realize there may be a trap, so they opt for only a select few (the raid and themselves) to enter Grommash.
    When we enter, the floor collapses, leading to a large underground cavern (behind the locked door in SoR).

9) Norkorian - The Mogu Watcher Garrosh took from the Vale. Much like Ra-Den, he has had his power drained and has been tortured. However, there is no redemption for him.
    We go further into the caverns and see the full effect of Garrosh's experimentation with the Sha.

10) Paragon Council - The Paragon you freed heard rumours of their Gods return, and followed the Heart of Y'Shaarj to under org. All remaining Paragon save Kil'Ruk, who decides his people shouldn't follow false Gods, die in the fight.
    We take a turn into a hidden part of the cave system where we see a bunch of imprisoned Orcs and other Horde races.

11) Thrall - Garrosh has been attempting to corrupt Thrall, and this fight involves us saving him.
    We finally get to the end of a tunnel, which is blocked by (surprise) an iron door.

12) Malkorok - Garrosh infuses his most trusted soldier with as much Sha energy as he can, warping the Blackrock Orc.
    His death causes an explosion of Sha energy, which blasts open the door.
    In a massive cavern, we see Garrosh under the Heart of Y'Shaarj.

13) Garrosh Hellscream - Garrosh makes his final stand using Titan, Old God and Elemental power.

10+ Year Old Account
    Provided the Siege has the same amount of bosses as ToT, I could see this:

1st Wing - After seizing the area around the gates, troops are flown to attack Orgrimmar from Azshara, clearing out the Valley of Honor.
    2nd Wing - Proceeding from the Valley of Honor along the Drag to clear out the Valley of Wisdom and Valley of Spirits, freeing trapped prisoners and letting more allies into the city.
    3rd Wing - The Valley of Strength, and possibly a boss on the airfield and in the Cleft of Shadows as well. Culminates with going into the Ragefire Chasm underneath the city.
    4th Wing - The Ragefire Chasm region. Where the final battles will take place.

Siege might have fewer bosses than ToT, though. Maybe 10-12 instead of 13. I don't expect a heroic mode only bonus boss.

Bosses will probably include a dark shaman council, the mogu watcher, and probably separate encounters for the Sha of Pride and the Heart of Y'Shaarj.

Deleted
    8) Garrosh Hellscream - More of an add fight, Varian/Vol'Jin fight Garrosh as the raid fights off waves of Kor'Kron/Sha enemies.
    Garrosh retreats back to Grommash, saying what he planned for the Orcs is willing to sacrifice some honour for.
    Varian and Vol'Jin realize there may be a trap, so they opt for only a select few (the raid and themselves) to enter Grommash.
    When we enter, the floor collapses, leading to a large underground cavern (behind the locked door in SoR).
    I doubt they will remake the mistakes from shitty deathwing. No.. there will be only one fight with garrosh himself. I wouldn't be surpriced though if they made him aid the other bosses on hc, much similar to nefarian in BWD. But honestly, if they'd go that route I think they'll make y'sharraj or sha of pride assist the bosses in stead.

A cool idea I see in this thread is a boss fight named "Heart of Y'sharraj". I'd love something like that!

I don't think we will actually fight Garrosh per say, just adds for awhile then the 7th Sha.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    I would love to see how they are going to come up with 12 bosses for Orgimmar.

Having to fight a corrupted Thrall without killing him seems highly probable.