FocusComp or CompFocus... Whats more important in ToT raiding?

During the raid tonight the group was having a semi interesting conversation, on whats more important during heroic progression and I wanted to see what the community thought about it .

Basically whats more important being focused during the raid or having a good comp?

Each can compensate for the other so just trying to get both sides of the argument.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you're in the top 10 race, probably a good comp (class/spec stacking for fight to fight) and focused as well. Otherwise it shouldn't really matter much.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

The importance of class scales with practice/gear. A guild racing to be the world first is likely to have less gear and time to learn a fight than a guild who is progressing heroic modes at their own pace. With low gear levels, classes that make a fight a lot easier are super-valuable, because they save a lot of time. Especially running heroic modes when under geared.

Overall I would argue that a well focused progression group will kill a boss regardless of comp. A great comp lacking focus will always struggle.

Overall I would argue that a well focused progression group will kill a boss regardless of comp. A great comp lacking focus will always struggle.
    Yeah, pretty much this. I mean, in terms of Heroics you need a decently good comp if you want to progress fast, but you'll get absolutely nowhere if you stack 4 locks and they all suck.

Deleted
    The game is balanced well enough right now that a focused group will kill bosses with almost any comp. So long as you have something remotely reasonable you'll be fine. The only way it'll be a huge issue is if you stack something ridiculous like a 5 melee 10 man.

On the other hand for heroic progression if you're goofing around and playing bad you'll always struggle.

But it all depends. These are ambiguous terms, what is a "bad" comp or "bad" focus?