View Poll Results: Is a 4th Spec Possible?

Voters
225. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    160 71.11%
  • No

    65 28.89%

Thread: 4th Spec Ideas

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Pandaren Monk Solzan Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Posts
    1,956
    Would necromancer as a mage or lock spec make more sens then as a DK?

  2. #42
    Scarab Lord Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    4,466
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    I think I get the gist of what you're saying, you may just need to clarify what you mean.
    Well basically it'd be like a common pool spec, where it'd be more or less like a new class, but that you have access to on your main.

    The basic abilities would be spread out to be the same on all classes, but all of the classes would still feel unique. For example you have lets say... a basic strike attack. Warriors could do more damage while mages could do bonus arcane damage and pallies could do bonus holy damage.

    I haven't got everything figured out but it gives a rough outline of my idea.
    Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    Those are penis compensation device-sized parking spaces, man.

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Naiomie View Post
    Exactly what i was thinking. haha
    Popular ideas are going to get many threads.

  4. #44
    There are 2 specs in particular I'd like to see:

    Hunter - Predator. This spec would be the first "melee" hunter spec ever, but with a lot of diversity. Simply put, you are the beast here. You shoot the living crap of your target, and by filling up the "savagery" meter by focusing on it, you can enter "beast mode". This would work similiar to Metamorphosis, with a few exceptions. First of all, you are melee fighter now, and secondly, by meeting certain goals this change is permanent. While leveling, you refill your savagery by killing enemies, during raiding - by performing specific rotations or cooldown sets.

    Warrior - Fencer. The idea is that Warrior was for some time the no. 1 tank in WoW, and in some way, I liked it. So, while keeping other tanks just as viable as Warriors, it would be nice to give Warriors a second tanking spec. This one, like Brewmaster, would heavily depend on skills. Wielding just one one handed weapon, Fencer would have to reduce his damage taken by confusing the opponent, dodge, parry and riposte attacks in order to survive. Your Riposte skills would be avaiable for a fraction of second after a successfull dodge/parry, allowing you to use your reflexes to boost your survival. This would make a nice choice between selecting your Warrior tanking spec - either the bulky, stamina - based Protection, or the quick and agile Fencer.

  5. #45
    Well, a lot of these ideas are still kind of far out in terms of actual possibility. I mean, there really are only a few choices for each class, in terms of another spec.

    Teriz has some of the most practical ideas for specs.

    So I'm going to build off of others here and compile what I think are the best ones to fit the class.

    DK: 1) Rune Master, 2) Lich (Ranged)
    Druid: -
    Hunter: 1) Ranger (Ranged - No Pet), 2) Bard (Healing)
    Mage: 1) Time Spec (Healing), 2) Blood Mage (Ranged), 3) Battle Mage (Melee) 4) Necromancers (Ranged)
    Monk: 1) Chi-Ji (Ranged)
    Paladin: 1) Invokers (Ranged)
    Priest: 1) Inquisitor, 2) Balance the Shadow/Light (Another shadow spec)
    Rogue: 1) Stalker (Ranged)
    Shaman: 1) Warden (Tank)
    Warlock: 1) Demon Hunter (Melee), 2) Tank
    Warrior: 1) Blade Master (Melee), 2) Spell Breaker (Melee)

    Another Class is almost not needed to be honest. The only viable candidates are Tinkers and Witch Doctors. Everything else can be incorporated into the classes we already have and even used as Heroic Classes for later in WoW's life.

    Demon hunters
    Rangers
    Tinkers
    Dragons Sworn
    Invokers
    Battle Mages
    Necromancers
    Bards
    Witch doctors
    Spell Breakers
    Wardens
    Sea witches
    Keepers of the Grove
    Wizards
    Rune Masters

    So 12 Total Classes would be a nice balance. After that add specs (about 3 per expansion) till we have 4 more expansions, and after that who knows where we will be. But it would reduce the burden of thinking up new classes and instead incorporating the classes we already have.
    Last edited by Darth Prism; 2013-04-28 at 06:08 PM.

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    According to GC, adding specs for all the classes is the equivalent of adding one new class.

    https://mobile.twitter.com/Ghostcraw...23266185551872

    This needs to be posted in every 4th spec thread. Blizzard could essentially revitalize every older class with the same effort as making a new one.

    I know what I would do if I was in charge.
    That's cool to see that Blizzard has already quantified the work involved.

  7. #47
    Would necromancer as a mage or lock spec make more sens then as a DK?
    necromancer = Undead, so it has nothing to do with mage or lock's lore, but more DK

    BUT, if i first thought necro could be a 4th dk spec, im starting to think there are enought things to do with necro ( bone skills, acid/poison skills, skeletons, corrupted healing spec .... ) to do a whole new class with the necromancer

  8. #48
    The Lightbringer Uzi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Moravia
    Posts
    3,069
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Well, a lot of these ideas are still kind of far out in terms of actual possibility. I mean, there really are only a few choices for each class, in terms of another spec.

    Hunter: 1) Ranger (Ranged - No Pet), 2) Bard (Healing)
    What did you say?

  9. #49
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,158
    A Hunter melee spec? How is that a good idea for a Hunter? Hunter's are meant to be ranged. Making them melee is ridiculous. What kind of a Hunter gets right up in the face of the thing they are hunting? We have traps and slows and guns and bows and crossbows for a reason!

    Now, the healing idea is an idea I'd probably get behind. A Hunter would have to heal him/herself out in the wild so it makes sense they'd have some skill in healing.

    I don't mean to be rude or anything about it but, melee Hunters would be a huge nono for me.

    That said, you guys have some very interesting ideas Keep going!

    Sometimes updated...

  10. #50
    Elemental Lord Teriz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Beach City
    Posts
    8,778
    Hunters could actually go both ways. Hunter tanking could involve a special type of aspect that allows them to tank by merging with souls with animals. It could be somewhat similar to Druid tanking, but have an added aspect of pet tanking to make it a bit different. Consider it almost like a more evolved form of Beast Master spec.

    Hunter healing could involve an aspect that turns your Hunter shots into healing abilities, and allows you to summon pets that assist you in healing and supporting your allies.

  11. #51
    Stood in the Fire Kreghar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    GYN Rock City
    Posts
    452
    Hunter healing is something I'd like. It sounds a little fun and from what I remember some of the ranged classes from SWTOR have healing specs (as in using medical skills to mend allies).

    Melee hunter would be a pure Beastmaster, just like Rexxar. It'd go way out of the class main purpose tho... That's why I think a petless spec instead of Rexxar-like would be AWESOME. I just like to think Dual Wielding ranged weapons (guns and crossbows, or even a new type of weapon, like Pistol or a Arbalest, like that one from Zon'ozz - Horrifying Horn Arbalest) as a possibility for hunters, with a pet or not.

    Anyway, loving this thread so far, but I can't find new plausible ideas for Warriors... I don't think Blademaster is suiting, seeing that it's just a badass Arms Warrior and even that the idea is pretty cool, the ranged Warr is kinda messed up and hard to develop, just like Beastmaster Hunter.

    Keep it up!

  12. #52
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Hunters could actually go both ways. Hunter tanking could involve a special type of aspect that allows them to tank by merging with souls with animals. It could be somewhat similar to Druid tanking, but have an added aspect of pet tanking to make it a bit different. Consider it almost like a more evolved form of Beast Master spec.

    Hunter healing could involve an aspect that turns your Hunter shots into healing abilities, and allows you to summon pets that assist you in healing and supporting your allies.
    As much as I'm against a melee Hunter tree, I think if it was more of a shapeshifting tree, it would make more sense. Along the lines of literally becoming the tanking pet yourself. Just make it different from a Druid' Bear Form, I guess. Hell, steal the Beast Within effect and change it to be a tanking talent that makes you a hunter/pet merging, enabling you to tank like a beast, literally

    Healing is something I'd probably for, as I said. We have Spirit Beasts already that have a healing ability. Really, things just need expanding on.

    Sometimes updated...

  13. #53
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by koawinter View Post
    Well, a lot of these ideas are still kind of far out in terms of actual possibility. I mean, there really are only a few choices for each class, in terms of another spec.

    Teriz has some of the most practical ideas for specs.

    So I'm going to build off of others here and compile what I think are the best ones to fit the class.

    DK: 1) Rune Master, 2) Lich (Ranged)
    Druid: -
    Hunter: 1) Ranger (Ranged - No Pet), 2) Bard (Healing)
    Mage: 1) Time Spec (Healing), 2) Blood Mage (Ranged), 3) Battle Mage (Melee) 4) Necromancers (Ranged)
    Monk: 1) Chi-Ji (Ranged)
    Paladin: 1) Invokers (Ranged)
    Priest: 1) Inquisitor, 2) Balance the Shadow/Light (Another shadow spec)
    Rogue: 1) Stalker (Ranged)
    Shaman: 1) Warden (Tank)
    Warlock: 1) Demon Hunter (Melee), 2) Tank
    Warrior: 1) Blade Master (Melee), 2) Spell Breaker (Melee)
    although I agree with some of the ideas, I think trying to fit demon hunters, battlemages, bards, necromancers, spell breakers and wardens into another class when they are so full of potential is as painful and retarded as to try and fit a size 50 foot in a 30 sized shoe. stop being being simplistic and lazy everybody!

    Another Class is almost not needed to be honest. The only viable candidates are Tinkers and Witch Doctors. Everything else can be incorporated into the classes we already have and even used as Heroic Classes for later in WoW's life.
    why witch doctors btw?
    Demon hunters
    Rangers
    Tinkers
    Dragons Sworn
    Invokers
    Battle Mages
    Necromancers
    Bards
    Witch doctors
    Spell Breakers
    Wardens
    Sea witches
    Keepers of the Grove
    Wizards
    Rune Masters

    So 12 Total Classes would be a nice balance. After that add specs (about 3 per expansion) till we have 4 more expansions, and after that who knows where we will be. But it would reduce the burden of thinking up new classes and instead incorporating the classes we already have.
    lol, I think blizzard would take on that "burden" while enjoying an happy hour in a bar. They create classes for a living. actually, the lore is pretty much set up since WC1 2 and 3 so all they need now are the class mechanics. I have been doing that for the past year just for fun and I don't work in a gaming company.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 08:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    necromancer = Undead, so it has nothing to do with mage or lock's lore, but more DK

    BUT, if i first thought necro could be a 4th dk spec, im starting to think there are enought things to do with necro ( bone skills, acid/poison skills, skeletons, corrupted healing spec .... ) to do a whole new class with the necromancer
    well if u are thinking what I am thinking then follow my sig hehe.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 08:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Uzi View Post
    What did you say?
    lol complete nonsense

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 09:09 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    A Hunter melee spec? How is that a good idea for a Hunter? Hunter's are meant to be ranged. Making them melee is ridiculous. What kind of a Hunter gets right up in the face of the thing they are hunting? We have traps and slows and guns and bows and crossbows for a reason!

    Now, the healing idea is an idea I'd probably get behind. A Hunter would have to heal him/herself out in the wild so it makes sense they'd have some skill in healing.

    I don't mean to be rude or anything about it but, melee Hunters would be a huge nono for me.

    That said, you guys have some very interesting ideas Keep going!
    doesn't make sense to me. a hunter would have to heal itself in the wild? KAKAKAKA. And he does already! just enough for himself. trying to make a hunter into an effective field doctor capable of healing the grievest wounds with just bandages is ridiculous

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 09:12 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonridor View Post
    Hunter healing is something I'd like. It sounds a little fun and from what I remember some of the ranged classes from SWTOR have healing specs (as in using medical skills to mend allies).

    Melee hunter would be a pure Beastmaster, just like Rexxar. It'd go way out of the class main purpose tho... That's why I think a petless spec instead of Rexxar-like would be AWESOME. I just like to think Dual Wielding ranged weapons (guns and crossbows, or even a new type of weapon, like Pistol or a Arbalest, like that one from Zon'ozz - Horrifying Horn Arbalest) as a possibility for hunters, with a pet or not.

    Anyway, loving this thread so far, but I can't find new plausible ideas for Warriors... I don't think Blademaster is suiting, seeing that it's just a badass Arms Warrior and even that the idea is pretty cool, the ranged Warr is kinda messed up and hard to develop, just like Beastmaster Hunter.

    Keep it up!
    A priestess of the moon is a more fitting archer healer than the hunter imho. That's how I made it in my ranger concept anyway =)

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 09:15 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    As much as I'm against a melee Hunter tree, I think if it was more of a shapeshifting tree, it would make more sense. Along the lines of literally becoming the tanking pet yourself. Just make it different from a Druid' Bear Form, I guess. Hell, steal the Beast Within effect and change it to be a tanking talent that makes you a hunter/pet merging, enabling you to tank like a beast, literally

    Healing is something I'd probably for, as I said. We have Spirit Beasts already that have a healing ability. Really, things just need expanding on.
    seeing how some people here present resent the shapeshifting skill that I incorporated in my demon hunter class and my tinker class for being too similar to the druid, I find it surprising you make it so terribly simple to bring an ANIMAL shapeshift into the hunter's gameplay. IMO, atank spec could work but with the beast as tank not a shapeshifiting hunter for crying out loud.

  14. #54
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    doesn't make sense to me. a hunter would have to heal itself in the wild? KAKAKAKA. And he does already! just enough for himself. trying to make a hunter into an effective field doctor capable of healing the grievest wounds with just bandages is ridiculous
    How does it not make sense?

    A Hunter wouldn't use just bandages. They would be using salves and such too. I'm no class creator but I'm sure Blizzard could make one work. Just look at how different they went for Monk healing! You have to think outside the box

    But sure, maybe there isn't enough there to make a Hunter healing spec. It still makes more sense that a Hunter dual-wielding and getting right up in a bosses face. That's not what a Hunter is.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 09:25 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    seeing how some people here present resent the shapeshifting skill that I incorporated in my demon hunter class and my tinker class for being too similar to the druid, I find it surprising you make it so terribly simple to bring an ANIMAL shapeshift into the hunter's gameplay. IMO, atank spec could work but with the beast as tank not a shapeshifiting hunter for crying out loud.
    I'm not some people though. Demon Hunters and a Tinker class have nothing to do with what I'm saying about the actual Hunter class.

    And quite often the simple things work the best. Shapeshifting the Hunter is hardly a game breaker. It's not as big of a deal as you might think.
    A tank spec might work. The Hunter shapeshifting to do so was just a quick thought. I hardly put all my brain power behind it >_>
    You could just expand the pet bar and give it new options for tanking if that's all your after.

    No need to get bent out of shape about it really.
    Last edited by UnifiedDivide; 2013-04-28 at 08:38 PM.

    Sometimes updated...

  15. #55
    Just give us tri spec.
    Its bad enough we cant enjoy all 3 specs of a class without endlessly boringly respecing into cookycutter specs.
    Just be done with it and let us spec into all 3

  16. #56
    Bloodsail Admiral DonQShot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Guimaraes
    Posts
    1,085
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    How does it not make sense?

    A Hunter wouldn't use just bandages. They would be using salves and such too. I'm no class creator but I'm sure Blizzard could make one work. Just look at how different they went for Monk healing! You have to think outside the box

    But sure, maybe there isn't enough there to make a Hunter healing spec. It still makes more sense that a Hunter dual-wielding and getting right up in a bosses face. That's not what a Hunter is.[COLOR="red"]
    But those healing abilities are already in the hunters arsenal as self healing. Lets not get over our heads with that =).

    I'm not some people though. Demon Hunters and a Tinker class have nothing to do with what I'm saying about the actual Hunter class.

    And quite often the simple things work the best. Shapeshifting the Hunter is hardly a game breaker. It's not as big of a deal as you might think.
    A tank spec might work. The Hunter shapeshifting to do so was just a quick thought. I hardly put all my brain power behind it >_>
    You could just expand the pet bar and give it new options for tanking if that's all your after.
    So going a bit off-topic here, would you like a demon hunter and a tinker classes with druid like shapeshifts? demon hunters into demons and tinker into mechs?

    Back on topic, a hunter able to shapeshift would be a druid right? I'm still in favor of a pet tank rather. I have no idea how a melee hunter a la rexxar would be hard to implemet but I would like that...

    No need to get bent out of shape about it really.

  17. #57
    Scarab Lord UnifiedDivide's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    4,158
    Quote Originally Posted by DonQShot View Post
    But those healing abilities are already in the hunters arsenal as self healing. Lets not get over our heads with that =).

    So going a bit off-topic here, would you like a demon hunter and a tinker classes with druid like shapeshifts? demon hunters into demons and tinker into mechs?

    Back on topic, a hunter able to shapeshift would be a druid right? I'm still in favor of a pet tank rather. I have no idea how a melee hunter a la rexxar would be hard to implemet but I would like that...

    No need to get bent out of shape about it really.
    I see what you did at the end there. I really don't care enough to get bent out of shape lol

    That's the point though. The self healing would simply be expanded upon to enable the healing of allies. It's as simple as that for me. It's up to Blizzard to figure out how to do it.

    Demon Hunters had Metamorphosis anyway and a Tinker climbing into a mech suit? Yes please!

    A Hunter shapeshifting wouldn't make it a Druid, no. They wouldn't have a Druid's abilities. It can be explained simply. A Hunter simply has an affinity with Nature. Enough to enable it to, at the very least, take on the aspects of a beast (Aspect of the Beast? No?) and that in turn let's them fight more like an animal. Or they could just go full on beast mode and grow fur and whatever else Blizzard decide is cool.

    I really don't understand why a melee DPS Hunter would be needed at all. I mean come on, if you have no interest in the many melee DPS specs already in the game, what makes being a Hunter using melee any better? Just because Rexxar can do something, doesn't mean we get to do it. Look at Thrall. That guy has all 3 Shaman specs at his disposal. Does that mean the Shaman class should get to be all 3 specs at the same time? I think not.
    You play a Hunter in the first place because they are ranged. You are basically changing the class to suit your desire to be melee but not have to reroll.

    Sometimes updated...

  18. #58
    Stood in the Fire Kreghar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    GYN Rock City
    Posts
    452
    I'm a big fan of Rexxar myself, but now that I thought about it, it's pretty dumb. I know, it's still a hunter and it's just a Beastmaster using melee weapons, but it's just not right... I'd love to play a beastmaster and just go full apeshit summoning a lot of differente pets and fighting WITH them, but it's not very HUNTERISH...

    I honestly think a Gunslinger-like spec (DW 1h pistols/arbalests - aka mini xbows) would be better fitting... I mean, a petless spec (or at least a spec that has 0 dependency on his pet) is something I support.

  19. #59
    Pandaren Monk Solzan Nemesis's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2010
    Location
    Where ever the Regent-Lord needs me to be
    Posts
    1,956
    Quote Originally Posted by sakk View Post
    necromancer = Undead, so it has nothing to do with mage or lock's lore, but more DK

    BUT, if i first thought necro could be a 4th dk spec, im starting to think there are enought things to do with necro ( bone skills, acid/poison skills, skeletons, corrupted healing spec .... ) to do a whole new class with the necromancer
    But that's the thing it kinda dose. Most Necromancer where magi ones. Its a Dark art in the fields of Arcane magic. The Krin Tor even keeps a book on it in there studies of Arcane magic. A mage is a necromancy spec is about the same as a priest with a shadow spec. As for Warlocks they are both dark magic users and it would be easy to fit Necromancy right in there. My problem with DKs is the part where there a plate class.

  20. #60
    Something about summoning a lot of demons at time for locks.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •