Page 20 of 24 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    What if subs rose in the west and fell in the east? MoP has been great, so i see no reason why subs would rise during wrath and fall during mop when mop is every bit as good.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

I'd be extremely surprised if they rose. I'm part of many large online communities, and although WoW is still a game that is casually played by many, it's also a game that got put aside by many, at least from what I can observe in those communities. Back in the days almost 80-90% of us would regulary play WoW ... nowadays it's perhaps 10%...

This ofcourse doesn't mean that the subs must've fallen... it could just be that all the quitting accounts are replaced by new players, completely new to the genre, pressumably then younger generations of gamers.
    "Civilized men and bloody giants."

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    What if subs rose in the west and fell in the east?
    That may have been close to what happened in Q4 2012. Revenue was very good even though active accounts fell 400K.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    That may have been close to what happened in Q4 2012. Revenue was very good even though active accounts fell 400K.
    Yeah makes sense. Imo the game is as active as the start of cata, so i think from 12-9m maybe only 1m was from the west while the other 2 were from the east.

It wouldn't surprise me to hear that west subs are as much as 5 million though some people say they were 2-3.
    Send me a PM and suggest a forum avatar based on my title, Immortal.

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    And also the fact he's wrong because Cata didn't just bottom out at some point. It kept falling until MoP came out.
    Actually, Cataclysm gained subs with 4.3. A lot of them in fact.
    Quote Originally Posted by Erin View Post
    I only saw a few minutes of it but it looked slicker than a lubed up olympic swimmer fleeing from a shark.

Quote Originally Posted by Zaeed Massani View Post
    Actually, Cataclysm gained subs with 4.3. A lot of them in fact.
    There was no quarter in Cataclysm (after release) in which the game gained net subs. There was one quarter where subs were flat.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler
    I hate these casual Fridays ruining it for real Fridays.

I'll make a prediction, not long from now there will be a lot of new threads about this created, and most of them will get locked.
    "you can't be serious!!" - yes actually I am.

hopefully i am one of the many thousands that stopped playing "hello World of Colorscheme island panda adventure pokemon extreme"

Honestly the game should be f2p at least just baseline leveling. You gain no rep or currencies no professions except first aid a very low gold cap but you can level to cap. This way people would not be so discouraged when they get to cap and realize the roles/specs they have to play in pvp/pve are not what they were hopein to play. Speaking for new players as I got pretty much every class @ cap.

I am really interested in seeing how many subs they lost. Esp knowing 5.3 will bring nothing cool to keep the content hogs happy. im going to say 75k-100k subs lost(i hope for way more than that though)
    "I'm Tru @ w/e I do" ~ TM

-500k Is my guess.

I live in the EU, it is 8th May today i guess we won't hear it today, i guess it's still the 7th in US or am i wrong?
    » Active MMO-Champion visitor since: 12-12-2012 «
    » Predict Warlords of Draenor to sell 3 Million copies at first day «

Quote Originally Posted by bloodkin View Post
    no king rules forever, but WoW is a stubborn bastard.

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    I live in the EU, it is 8th May today i guess we won't hear it today, i guess it's still the 7th in US or am i wrong?
    They are behind us but not a full day.

It's 07:20 in the morning at blizzard headquarters, about 9hours behind from Norway where I live.
    It's almost always the wrong argument to compare yourself to the highest DPS specs out there. "Middle of the pack" is actually where everyone is supposed to be. -Ghostcrawler
    DPS Tuning
    •Yes, this is a roller coaster. Our process is to try things out and iterate if we don't like them. If the churn offends you, just hang on for another week or two.

I also live in norway, so i think at 8-9 pm its when the call will start

Quote Originally Posted by hamsterbom View Post
    They are behind us but not a full day.

It's 07:20 in the morning at blizzard headquarters, about 9hours behind from Norway where I live.
    Any chance we will hear them before EU is like sleeping?

It's 16:35 atm in EU. (The Netherlands)
    When is the meeting?

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post
    hopefully i am one of the many thousands that stopped playing "hello World of Colorscheme island panda adventure pokemon extreme"

I am really interested in seeing how many subs they lost. Esp knowing 5.3 will bring nothing cool to keep the content hogs happy. im going to say 75k-100k subs lost(i hope for way more than that though)
    I'm surprised by people who hate the game, yet cannot seem to walk away from it. Maybe you don't hate it. Maybe you are just unhappy it is not the same expansion and community you started with all those years ago.

On Topic: I hope subs and profits go UP and make the doomsayers lose their friggin minds. I'm not a fanboy, I just hate pessimists.
    “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci

Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I'm surprised by people who hate the game, yet cannot seem to walk away from it. Maybe you don't hate it. Maybe you are just unhappy it is not the same expansion and community you started with all those years ago.

On Topic: I hope subs and profits go UP and make the doomsayers lose their friggin minds. I'm not a fanboy, I just hate pessimists.
    I only hope for subs to go down so Ghostcrawler will finally get fired. The guy just does not know what he is doing if you read his tweets and hasn't since WOTLK

Quote Originally Posted by tru View Post

Honestly the game should be f2p at least just baseline leveling. You gain no rep or currencies no professions except first aid a very low gold cap but you can level to cap. This way people would not be so discouraged when they get to cap and realize the roles/specs they have to play in pvp/pve are not what they were hopein to play. Speaking for new players as I got pretty much every class @ cap.

Go back playing CoD lol, "hello World of Colorscheme island panda adventure pokemon extreme" says enough you are a kid.

Quote Originally Posted by ihyln View Post
    I only hope for subs to go down so Ghostcrawler will finally get fired. The guy just does not know what he is doing if you read his tweets and hasn't since WOTLK
    As far as I know, all official announcements are still made from the fan site, and his tweets are seldom much more than food for the media freaks.
    “Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward,
    for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.” Leonardo da Vinci

400-600k loss, based on content getting old, shine wearing off and dead servers forcing more to quit via boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    400-600k loss, based on content getting old, shine wearing off and dead servers forcing more to quit via boredom.
    WoW hasn't been this active for a while, I haven't seen such amount of activity anywhere.
    All queues of RBG'S/LFR/Dungeon/Scenario haven't been this since like 2 years?

EU/US i think is still rising, but Asian area will drop like 200k again.
    That's all my prediction, and we dont live there so why should we care

Quote Originally Posted by Gimlix View Post
    WoW hasn't been this active for a while, I haven't seen such amount of activity anywhere.
    All queues of RBG'S/LFR/Dungeon/Scenario haven't been this since like 2 years?

EU/US i think is still rising, but Asian area will drop like 200k again.
    That's all my prediction, and we dont live there so why should we care
    Yet they still lost subs over the first quarter of the expansion during a Christmas period no less. Now the new stuff has worn out, people have done the raids finished the new content and dead servers are still driving people away from the game.

I see nothing which would indicate the subs will stay/rise from where they currently are.