Page 22 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I got my popcorn, lawnchairs & sunglasses already to watch the show.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Age of Wushu released... which has completely murdered WoW subscriptions in Asia by now.

Age of Wushu became the world's biggest mmo release with 20 million VIP subscribers in China alone, twice as many subscribers as WoW ever had and still growing. Same game recently released internationally about a month or so ago, but didn't quite catch on in the west as badly as it did in the east.
    Age of Wushu came out on April 10, 2013, these sub numbers are from Jan 1st to March 31st 2013. Any damage wont be seen until Q2 2013.

Quote Originally Posted by Anarchor View Post
    Q1 Prediction....

WoW will have lost a lot of subscribers in the east because of a smash hit MMO that released there ...
    Is Age of Wishu P2P, B2P or F2P in Asia?, I know its F2P here in NA.

Quote Originally Posted by Jeleh View Post
    Yet they still lost subs over the first quarter of the expansion during a Christmas period no less. Now the new stuff has worn out, people have done the raids finished the new content and dead servers are still driving people away from the game.

I see nothing which would indicate the subs will stay/rise from where they currently are.
    You do realize these numbers are from Jan 1st - March 31st and they are more likely already outta date by now.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-05-08 at 05:45 PM.
    Warlords of Draenor Releases: November 18th, 2014

Quote Originally Posted by mvallas View Post
    Yup - I mean it's like...Chineese subs - so what? I mean - it's not like they're humans with feelings and ideas of their own or are capable of forming their own opinion. Unlike us Westerners and Europeans - who are the only ones who count as real human beings.

(/sarcasm)

PS. If somebody here says "But they have a different subscription pay model!" - I'll print out this post, fold it into a paper airplane, and throw it just over your head....
    The subscription pay model is not that important. The ARPU (Average Revenue Per Unit), on the other hand...

Yeah. The China "subs" are nowhere near as important as western subs. Korean/Taiwan subs, on the other hands, are probably closer.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Pann View Post
    Will you give it a rest?! You know full well what the main talking point of this thread will be, if you wish to discuss your investment and the financial performance of ATVI might I suggest a forum that is dedicated to stocks and shares rather than spending your time attacking people on a gaming forum.
    Pann, What? you dont like factual inaccuracies challenged, is that it? Or, you dont like having your culture of Blizzard bashing challenged? Which is it? As far as your suggestion, well... nah, I dont need the infraction.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Pann, What? you dont like factual inaccuracies challenged, is that it? Or, you dont like having your culture of Blizzard bashing challenged? Which is it? As far as your suggestion, well... nah, I dont need the infraction.
    See you are attacking people again, to offer an opinion about Blizzard that as positive as you see them is not "Blizzard bashing." Even it that was the case why would you care? Blizzard is a company, it is an inanimate entity, it has no feelings that are going to be hurt you do not need to defend its (metaphorical) honour.

See you are attacking people again, to offer an opinion about Blizzard that as positive as you see them is not "Blizzard bashing." Even it that was the case why would you care? Blizzard is a company, it is an inanimate entity, it has no feelings that are going to be hurt you do not need to defend its (metaphorical) honour.
    Not defending anyone's honour... challenging inaccurate facts and baseless assumptions.... That said, I've often wondered if you were a shill EA or GW, compensated to cause trouble, or if you just do it out of the goodness of your heart.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

Not defending anyone's honour... challenging inaccurate facts and baseless assumptions.... That said, I've often wondered if you were a shill EA or GW, compensated to cause trouble, or if you just do it out of the goodness of your heart.

You do come to the defense of blizzard any time someone says something remotely negative about them. At least you quit humanizing the game saying it was peopls ex girlfriends

I feel like the game is struggling to get any new players at this point. Sub losses always happen, but the lack of sub gains is more of an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post

Age of Wushu came out on April 10, 2013, these sub numbers are from Jan 1st to March 31st 2013. Any damage wont be seen until Q2 2013.
    Very true that does explain the korea mergers

I predict that those that hate Wow/Blizzard will make a big deal out of even a tiny loss;
    I predict that those that hate Wow/Blizzard will accuse Blizzard of faking the numbers if there is any sub increase;
    I predict that the sun continues to rise in the east;
    I predict that those that enjoy the game will continue to enjoy the game regardless of a sub increase or sub decrease.
    I predect that the fanboys will say that the continued sub-loss trend is no big deal.

I couldn't find a single person in this thread who predicted a gain in subs. Even the most optimistic are just hoping for "holding steady". Whatever the number, it seems lkely to be a decrease from the last one. That can't be good.
    <WHAR LEWTS PLZ HALp>
    I'm bitter by default. Don't take it personally.
    Quote Originally Posted by Stir View Post
    Either give an argument, or be automatically wrong. Your choice.

A definite decline.

As one who doesn't believe their sub numbers are totally legit anyway, I'm going to go big and say, 1.2 million lost.

Shoot the MOON!
    Last edited by quras; 2013-05-08 at 06:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    You do come to the defense of blizzard any time someone says something remotely negative about them. At least you quit humanizing the game saying it was peopls ex girlfriends
    if pointing out inaccurate facts or outright lies is 'defending' Blizzard then color me guilty.

We can expect a small decline, especially from multiboxers.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    Very true that does explain the korea mergers
    Ya, so any effect Age of Wushu could of put on WoW East (China) will not be shown until prbly August time, even by than anything could change. Final Fantasy 14 ARR releases this summer & could cripple both WoW East (China) & Age of Wushu or WoW East (China) could pick right back up again.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-05-08 at 06:02 PM.
    Warlords of Draenor Releases: November 18th, 2014

if pointing out inaccurate facts or outright lies is 'defending' Blizzard then color me guilty.
    I have seen no inaccurate facts or outright lies

Can you not write a post without insulting someone? As I have already pointed out you are posting on a gaming forum if you wish to indulge in debate with those that have a higher level of knowledge and understanding about financial matters you would be better off looking for a site that focuses on such subjects. You were attacking the poster because he said "...insists on neglecting it's product..." which like most things written here is an opinion the argument he presented as to why he had reached this opinion was neither baseless or inaccurate unless you believe that it is possible for a company to maintain profitability when faced with a falling number of customers without their remaining customers paying more.

Interestingly you recently wrote; "Given that I offered an opinion with saying 'I think that the merging of servers would cause more loss of income' then it is in fact an opinion... do you want me to prove that I have an opinion, is that what you are wanting proof of? Or, have you misread what I said and construed it as a claim of fact? " does this only apply yours? Why did you feel the need to attack his opinion?

As I said before there is no reason to attack to anyone here, Blizzard do not care if someone on a forum does not think they are wonderful and equally they do not care that you do.

Do you have anything to add on the subject of subs figures?

Bashing = unfounded or excessive negative publicity/reviews? and it does hurt companies?

I'd rather have blatant fanboism because I am convinced that humans beings are capable of forming their own opinion after trying a product and at least it only benefits the company on the initial purchase. A.k.a "You should try it at least once."

That being said I find this thread to have an unusual amount of actual personal opinions and reviews that answer the OPs question. My two cents is that WoW is going to be losing some ground despite an awesome xpac, with all SC2 xpac doing awesome =D

Quote Originally Posted by Lefrog View Post
    Bashing = unfounded or excessive negative publicity/reviews? and it does hurt companies?

I'd rather have blatant fanboism because I am convinced that humans beings are capable of forming their own opinion after trying a product and at least it only benefits the company on the initial purchase. A.k.a "You should try it at least once."

That being said I find this thread to have an unusual amount of actual personal opinions and reviews that answer the OPs question. My two cents is that WoW is going to be losing some ground despite an awesome xpac, with all SC2 xpac doing awesome =D
    Rather than dismissing negative publicity and reviews as bashing the first thing any company should do is look to see if there is any substance to the publicity and reviews. Situations where there is no substance and the image of the company is harmed are the reason why liable laws exist.

What I am talking about is the constant attacking of anyone that does not praise Blizzard, ultimately the opinion of anyone on these boards be it positive or negative is not going to cause anyone at Blizzard to lose any sleep.

*snip*
    Look, Pann, Sir. You will not bully me out of this thread. Period. If you dont like what I have to say then mute me.

My prediction for the call is as follows. If income goes up you'll say it was because they got it from transfer fees and you'll have a fit.
    if income goes down you'll trumpet it as 'I was right, see, now maybe they'll fire GC and do it my way.

if sub numbers go down, you'll herald it as if income went down.
    if sub numbers go up you'll accuse them of fabricating the numbers.

furthermore, if income ranges from flat to an increase I'll be pleased.

There... those are my predictions.

So we're at t-minus 1.5 hours? I'm assuming the call is 1PM Blizzard time.
    Unsubscribed as of 03/10/2014.

If you dislike where WoW is headed in your mind, quit. Really. Sitting around complaining about "promises" that may or may not have been made isn't doing anything to help your cause. It's just making you look more and more like the constantly complaining and perpetually offended.

Rather than dismissing negative publicity and reviews as bashing the first thing any company should do is look to see if there is any substance to the publicity and reviews. Situations where there is no substance and the image of the company is harmed are the reason why liable laws exist.

What I am talking about is the constant attacking of anyone that does not praise Blizzard, ultimately the opinion of anyone on these boards be it positive or negative is not going to cause anyone at Blizzard to lose any sleep.
    Pretty much what I have noticed seems there is a group of people that think you have to praise Blizzard or GTFO

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 11:18 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by dokhidamo View Post
    So we're at t-minus 1.5 hours? I'm assuming the call is 1PM Blizzard time.
    the call is at 1:30

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 11:21 AM ----------

Look, Pann, Sir. You will not bully me out of this thread. Period. If you dont like what I have to say then mute me.

My prediction for the call is as follows. If income goes up you'll say it was because they got it from transfer fees and you'll have a fit.
    if income goes down you'll trumpet it as 'I was right, see, now maybe they'll fire GC and do it my way.

if sub numbers go down, you'll herald it as if income went down.
    if sub numbers go up you'll accuse them of fabricating the numbers.

furthermore, if income ranges from flat to an increase I'll be pleased.

There... those are my predictions.

My predictions are that if subs go down "the group" will down play it and say it does not matter. X million more than any other game! people will be called haters

if subs go up "the group" will tell everyone how great the game is and we are wrong and just haters.

if subs stay the same "the group" will tell everyone how great the game is and we are wrong and just haters.

Funny thing I got infracted for saying fanbois and white knights before but its ok to call people haters.
    Last edited by But I Hate You All; 2013-05-08 at 06:22 PM.