Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    Now, lets see what the investor call has to say...
    Subs down, revenue up. That's what it's been since the start of Cata.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

The sub numbers has to go down! I refuse to believe that pandas and teddy bears hasn't impacted the subs in a negative way.

The game is freaking 8 years old already.

This is going to be really interesting.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by papaz View Post
    The game is freaking 8 years old already.

That excuse does not work. The game is updated and revamped non stop during the pay 8 yrs

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    That excuse does not work. The game is updated and revamped non stop during the pay 8 yrs
    What excuse? The fact that something is old can mean that it gets boring for some people. I played WoW a lot but after spending so much time with it I got bored at some point. So yes. Game is old > Game gets boring > Time to quit. All those revamps and additions dont change the fact that I am still playing the same game. Playing it more or less feels same since 2004. I have no quarrel with WoW. I played it a lot and it was AMAZING. But for me it is time to move on to something else. If someone is still not bored and wants to play more, good for him and for Blizzard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    The normal mode content is quite challenging, and the heroic raid content is some of the hardest it's ever been. Is this not enough for you? What more do you need to be satisfied?
    Something outside the realm of different colours as "difficulty" increases? (Something where the only option to look different isn't doing decades old content)
    ----||---- where everything isn't the same just different "difficulty"?
    These are merely two things out of a list so long I could fill 3 pages easily (exaggerated slightly)

Equally important though, a company that isn't catering the lowest nominator at every single turn and then strawmaning that there's more content then ever before, which essentially is true if you included the "options" provided by LF tools (same content, same child-mentality players, different "difficulties"), old raids for transmog (Wupti fucking dooo, lets included the barber shops as content)

Dailies replacing class specific quests / profession quests / attunements replaced by the most sickening system in the form of ilvl (Remember blizzards statement about them not liking Gs?, same shit different tag - Que lfr / normal / heroic in all "content", now also "featuring" scenario's LOL)

Most important though, if they want to gain subs (or keep it level) they should stop implementing features that erode the social connection to everything in the game, all games that focuses entirely on main streaming with no accountability such as WoW amongst other games become toxic, it's not the players per say that make it this way, it's the way the game is being structured, yet blizzard have for years tried to wash their hands of their own decisions.

Even if they reverted everything back where people were held accountable for their attitude / behaviour / play-styles etc etc etc, I wouldn't touch a blizzard product again.., if anything they've made it all to clear that they care little for the health of their community through their decisions / actions, despite claiming otherwise.

As far as predictions go on the outdated Q1 sub-numbers; Down by 780,000
    I'll add another 1.2 million lost from Q2 due to the basic nature of "content" in the game now, totalling 1.98 million lost after 2 quarters
    Last edited by Banzhe; 2013-05-08 at 08:03 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Awe View Post
    What excuse? The fact that something is old can mean that it gets boring for some people. I played WoW a lot but after spending so much time with it I got bored at some point. So yes. Game is old > Game gets boring > Time to quit. All those revamps and additions dont change the fact that I am still playing the same game. Playing it more or less feels same since 2004. I have no quarrel with WoW. I played it a lot and it was AMAZING. But for me it is time to move on to something else. If someone is still not bored and wants to play more, good for him and for Blizzard.

People quit games period. One of the main issues with wow it does not seem to be attracting new players to replace the ones that quit fast enough

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I'm surprised by people who hate the game, yet cannot seem to walk away from it. Maybe you don't hate it. Maybe you are just unhappy it is not the same expansion and community you started with all those years ago.

On Topic: I hope subs and profits go UP and make the doomsayers lose their friggin minds. I'm not a fanboy, I just hate pessimists.
    The only time subs go up is when a new expac comes out, or when Blizz does something right.

When is it exactly by the way? in 30 min?

Banzhe: given what you're asking for, I'm not surprised they fired you as a customer. Satisfying you would be far more trouble than you're worth.

A person with marginalized preferences, such as yourself, cannot expect to have a non-niche product that is tailored for them. At best, you can expect to find your place in it on the fringes. And apparently that isn't enough for you.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    When is it exactly by the way? in 30 min?
    yes 30 more min

10+ Year Old Account
    *Taps foot*

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    yes 30 more min
    If you register at activisionblizzard.com to listen (see the Investor Relations page), the stream is now available, although nothing is playing yet. The stream looks like it will have audio and a slide show.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "The bit about hardcore players not always caring about the long term interests of the game is spot on." -- Ghostcrawler
    "Do you want a game with no casuals so about 500 players?"

10+ Year Old Account
    If you register at activisionblizzard.com to listen (see the Investor Relations page), the stream is now available, although nothing is playing yet. The stream looks like it will have audio and a slide show.

Why thank you. Very nice music might I say

http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm

The game feels a bit emptier than it did before, I wouldn't be shocked at a mild drop. Nothing drastic though, 300-500k as a guess. They finally pulled their finger out and put out content at a good pace so they really don't deserve a big drop like they had before.

10+ Year Old Account
    Banzhe: given what you're asking for, I'm not surprised they fired you as a customer. Satisfying you would be far more trouble than you're worth.

A person with marginalized preferences, such as yourself, cannot expect to have a non-niche product that is tailored for them. At best, you can expect to find your place in it on the fringes. And apparently that isn't enough for you.
    Spoken like a true knight in shitt.., ehm, shining armor Osmeric, it may have made sense if you read just the first 3 lines in my previous reply, not that it matters now as you've proven you are part of the overall issue facing WoW now.
    Not that it matters in any way, blizzard have been rather successful in convincing people that the fun is in repetitive content where the reward is different colours, and tbh I'm not surprised looking at your reply n' Avatar

They need a kick up the backside to get them working on issues that have caused some friends of mine to stop playing and that's low populated servers. Not everyone can afford to pay 40 odd pound to move servers and that's just for one character. Though I doubt they'll lower the prices they least they can do is drop that stupid excuse they've been using and just merge them already.

So yeah I'm hoping for a big loss though it'll probably only be a small loss of a couple hundred k.

As of March 31, 2013, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1
    subscription-based MMORPG, with 8.3 million subscribers.
    http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ss_release.pdf

Deleted
    1.3 Million drop? Woah.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    500k sub loss.
    q4 reported 9.6m.. 1.3 millions loss.

Wow! I expected pre-MOP sub levels but 1.3 million lost! Wow! Never expected that.