Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    I'm surprised by people who hate the game, yet cannot seem to walk away from it. Maybe you don't hate it. Maybe you are just unhappy it is not the same expansion and community you started with all those years ago.

On Topic: I hope subs and profits go UP and make the doomsayers lose their friggin minds. I'm not a fanboy, I just hate pessimists.
    The only time subs go up is when a new expac comes out, or when Blizz does something right.

Words to live by.

When is it exactly by the way? in 30 min?

Banzhe: given what you're asking for, I'm not surprised they fired you as a customer. Satisfying you would be far more trouble than you're worth.

A person with marginalized preferences, such as yourself, cannot expect to have a non-niche product that is tailored for them. At best, you can expect to find your place in it on the fringes. And apparently that isn't enough for you.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Kazlofski View Post
    When is it exactly by the way? in 30 min?
    yes 30 more min

*Taps foot*

Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by Alastaircrawly View Post
    yes 30 more min
    If you register at activisionblizzard.com to listen (see the Investor Relations page), the stream is now available, although nothing is playing yet. The stream looks like it will have audio and a slide show.
    "There is a pervasive myth that making content hard will induce players to rise to the occasion. We find the opposite. " -- Ghostcrawler
    "Almost every time I have gotten to know a critic personally, they keep up with the criticism but lose the venom." -- Ghostcrawler

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    If you register at activisionblizzard.com to listen (see the Investor Relations page), the stream is now available, although nothing is playing yet. The stream looks like it will have audio and a slide show.

Why thank you. Very nice music might I say

http://investor.activision.com/events.cfm

The game feels a bit emptier than it did before, I wouldn't be shocked at a mild drop. Nothing drastic though, 300-500k as a guess. They finally pulled their finger out and put out content at a good pace so they really don't deserve a big drop like they had before.

Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Banzhe: given what you're asking for, I'm not surprised they fired you as a customer. Satisfying you would be far more trouble than you're worth.

A person with marginalized preferences, such as yourself, cannot expect to have a non-niche product that is tailored for them. At best, you can expect to find your place in it on the fringes. And apparently that isn't enough for you.
    Spoken like a true knight in shitt.., ehm, shining armor Osmeric, it may have made sense if you read just the first 3 lines in my previous reply, not that it matters now as you've proven you are part of the overall issue facing WoW now.
    Not that it matters in any way, blizzard have been rather successful in convincing people that the fun is in repetitive content where the reward is different colours, and tbh I'm not surprised looking at your reply n' Avatar

They need a kick up the backside to get them working on issues that have caused some friends of mine to stop playing and that's low populated servers. Not everyone can afford to pay 40 odd pound to move servers and that's just for one character. Though I doubt they'll lower the prices they least they can do is drop that stupid excuse they've been using and just merge them already.

So yeah I'm hoping for a big loss though it'll probably only be a small loss of a couple hundred k.

As of March 31, 2013, Blizzard Entertainment’s World of Warcraft remains the #1
    subscription-based MMORPG, with 8.3 million subscribers.
    http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...ss_release.pdf

500k sub loss.

1.3 Million drop? Woah.

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 08:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by muto View Post
    500k sub loss.
    q4 reported 9.6m.. 1.3 millions loss.

Wow! I expected pre-MOP sub levels but 1.3 million lost! Wow! Never expected that.

1.3 million lost WOW!!!!!

It's official! WoW is entirely devoid of life... no, no... wait now... still more than 8 million people... Back to playing I go.

(Will this get me called a white knight? Find better things to do with your time...)

Rarely updated...

http://files.shareholder.com/downloa...012-Slides.pdf

World of Warcraft: Mists of Pandaria
    • Over 9.6M subscribers as of 12/31/12

so that a huge lost

---------- Post added 2013-05-08 at 01:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    It's official! WoW is entirely devoid of life... no, no... wait now... still more than 8 million people... Back to playing I go.

(Will this get me called a white knight? Find better things to do with your time...)

And my prediction comes true

Now that the sub #'s are confirmed, we can move discussion to the new thread:

http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...llion-sub-drop