Don't starve: advice ( hope someone plays )

So I found a perma-death survival game on steam called Don't starve . It's a fun whimsical game but man it's hard for me anyways . I make it like around 11 days or so most of the time ...20 was my best but then I either run into a mob that kills me fast or I just cant find food ..or I can't find a gold nuggest to build a science machine ..etc etc

I am hoping that someone plays and can give me some solid advice for surviving . Like one question I have what is a good way to regain sanity ? What is a good food or how do I get health to regen faster ? Should I i use wormholes at all ?

Well anyways for all those who have not played Don't starve it's an awesome game just a bit hard for a noobish player like me .

Deleted
    I haven't played it since beta but one thing that's worth noting is although it's perma death, you unlock new characters to play the game with through time survived which is added up after you die, so even a death is not totally wasted, since eventually you'll get characters with different (and more useful) perks/abilities, thus making it easier to survive longer in the future.

I loved the game in the early beta, I don't want to try and answer your questions since it's probably changed now and I'll give the wrong info but thinking about it now has made me want to play it more

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    I haven't played it since beta but one thing that's worth noting is although it's perma death, you unlock new characters to play the game with through time survived which is added up after you die, so even a death is not totally wasted, since eventually you'll get characters with different (and more useful) perks/abilities, thus making it easier to survive longer in the future.

I loved the game in the early beta, I don't want to try and answer your questions since it's probably changed now and I'll give the wrong info but thinking about it now has made me want to play it more
    Thanks for the reply . You make a good point ive unlocked 2 other characters so far and one seems good ( the strong man ) and so I hope for a really good one . Btw it just went out of beta like a week or so ago so your info might be very valid .

The best way to regain sanity early in the game is to collect flowers, picking them up gives you 5 sanity each, then you can make a garland by using 12 flower petals(What you get from picking flowers).