Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackslix View Post
    Stop crying you say???? So what you're saying is that you find it entertaining to Kill the same mob 800 times to level 30 skills in 1 proffesion.. sad life really.
    You're exaggerating hugely, come now. No need to resort to hyperbole to make an incorrect point.

Heroic Recruitment -- Hersh's multi-PoV kill vids. -- Raids & Dungeons & Hunter kitty
    no one huntars like gaston

Leveling prof is no easy task in a bad server.
    According to the gold farm website, leveling a prof is just as expensive as leveling from 1 to 80.

Stop crying you say???? So what you're saying is that you find it entertaining to Kill the same mob 800 times to level 30 skills in 1 proffesion.. sad life really.
    And you're saying that you should be handed everything on a silver platter, no effort at all to acquire such stuff? We're not asking you to spend weeks farming! You'd get 30 skill points easily in barely an hour or two of farming. If you can't commit to THAT, I'm afraid you're the kind of player that usually linger in the bottom half of a damage meter in a raid boss fight, and don't do much to improve its own dps.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Leveling prof is no easy task in a bad server.
    According to the gold farm website, leveling a prof is just as expensive as leveling from 1 to 80.
    So, leveling a profession is damn cheap? Because I don't recall spending gold anywhere other than paying the Taxi NPC to take me to other places, during leveling...

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Did you ever try to level Leatherworking? It's broken right now and will DEFINITLY get a revamp, when.. no idea.. but it will ;D
    With some of the fast spawning area with things to skin and dungeons you canfarm for skinning, LW is simple at 90. The only difficulty with levelling LW is if you do it while levelling. You outlevel the mobs to skin quite fast.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I just leveled this on another Priest alt of mine, and the Silk requirement is incredibly silly. You can crunch Mageweave into cloth at that point, but you STILL cannot use it. Still need silk, even though none of the instances you'll be sorted into if you're the right level at the time will give you silk.
    In eastern plaguelands is a little area with some mobs that respawn really fast and even if there are 2-3 other people farming there are enough mobs to farm (just look on wowhead in the comments where that place is). Did farm with my main for like 30 minutes and had enough silk for my alt. Frostweave can be farmed in pit of saron. Outside of ICC isn't that good anymore with CRZ and a lot of people farm cloth to sell it in the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Leatherworking in particular could use a revamp, or skinning could. The amount of mats necessary to level LW is more or less in line with the other professions, but it takes considerably more work to gather them. One mine or herb node gives up to 5-6 ores/herbs, and you don't have to spend time killing it first. Skinnable mobs give one piece of leather, maybe two, AND you have to spend time killing the mob first. As it is now, if you do all the gathering yourself, LW takes 3-4 times longer than any other profession. It needs a tweak to bring it in line, especially at the lower levels.
    One mine or herb node 'can' give that many, but doesn't always. As far as mining, it's actually pretty rare to see that many.

And the difference is while the act of killing / skinning does take longer, there's also a LOT more opportunities for players to collect those skins in any given area.

Folks seem to forget that the intent of professions. You're supposed to pick a pair @ level 10, and level them up with your character. That's why zones have the drops they do, that coincide generally with about how far along you should be in your given professions. Same goes for fishing to an extent.

I realize that most folks simply prefer to AH their way through a profession at max level, but it's hard to take complaints seriously when this is viewed as some inconvenience.
    Benevolence is a luxury for the strong - Wrathion

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Hard? No. Cost/time-inefficient? Yes.
    Cost/time inefficient? Not really, no. Unless you consider ANY time spent grinding crafting mats just wasted time.

No one is stupid enough to farm the material and level a prof.

You find an easy way to make gold.
    Then use that gold to buy material from AH.

Also you do NOT level a prof with leveling.
    Leveling is too fast now.

Low pop realm + CRZ means good luck leveling any kind of crafting profession, since every other server will have players to gather mats compared to just you ><

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    No one is stupid enough to farm the material and level a prof.

You find an easy way to make gold.
    Then use that gold to buy material from AH.

Also you do NOT level a prof with leveling.
    Leveling is too fast now.
    Way to go, insulting everyone who didn't care to waste gold in the Auction House and decided to farm their own crafting materials for their profession leveling. I won't waste 100+ gold in mats when I can get that same amount by grinding for one or two hours. Don't make a fool of yourself next time, please.

I find it funny that the OP accuses someone else of having a sad life because they have the patience to level up a trade skill. Just another kid with memenaonao syndrome, just what the world needed.

The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    are you serious? the only professions that take any amount of work are gathering professions where you are forced to compete with CRZ players in order to farm the nodes to move forward. any of the crafting professions can be leveled from zero to full in under an hour.

Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

What? It's as fast as it has never been before.

Spend 5k = almost capped. Spend 1 hour of grind for the lower mats with it and you have it all done.

It only takes long if you don't have gold.

I think a lot of professions need a revamp, not just in reducing the time to reach max, but also the items and perks within the profession.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    I find it so weird that when blizz said they would start working on professions all they did was make them easier to level. Seriously?

The problem with professions is that they offer next to nothing. You get a small bonus for keeping your professions up to date (which can make you feel you need to have the optimal professions not to gimp yourself) and then nothing. You can make some gold through professions by making vanity items but you cannot actually make decent items; the few raid-level items that can be crafted require mats you can only get in raids or so expensive that they suborn any profit you could have made; they aren't exactly hard to learn as recipes either.

I wish blizzard removed the passive bonuses and gave us recipes that require a significant investment to make but yielded decent profits (the BS weapons added in 5.2 are a good start though honestly considering how much time it takes to make them they should have been higher ilvl).
    I initially disagreed with your point based on that first line, as making them easy to level is somewhat important considering 1-300 is STILL built with vanilla in mind when everything required more grinding (I don't think anyone can deny that).

Then I realized that you were kinda right on the rest. The bonuses are rather miniscule at the max level (if you take a look at the big picture) and you can't say "They all add up" because you can't stack up the passive perks (simply because it exists on it's own and it's not like a buff you stack up).

I personally think that they could do something with class specs when it comes to professions. Sure, you can give mastery and call it a day, but how about making something more interesting. Let's say you're a ranged DPS spec with engineering. Why doesn't the profession give you a chance to fire off a barrage of rockets? If you're melee DPS, why doesn't it give you a chance to summon a turret or flame turret? If you're a healer, why doesn't it make that turret 'malfunction' and instead of dealing damage to enemies, it instead deals healing to people in front of it? As a tank, it malfunction again, and this time it actually provides a circular area that increases armor + dodge/block/parry as well as smaller healing?

I'm not talking about active abilities that take up a binding/macro/key, but passives. The damage/healing of them doesn't have to be massive, but just something to make it a little more interesting. Short term abilities on random procs, and adhering to the 'not annoying the fuck out of other players by breaking cc/aggroing more mobs' rule.

Let's say you've picked up tailoring. As ranged DPS, Why do your attacks not have a chance to web enemies slowing their movement by 5/10%? As a tank (tank with tailoring - unlikely, but a profession refresh may change this), why doesn't it reduce their attack speed by 3/4% instead? As a healer, why doesn't it do something like chain heal? As a melee DPS, why doesn't it reduce the enemies armor (i.e. the thread is wrapped tightly around them reducing the effectiveness) by 3/4%?

Let's say you've picked up alchemy. As a ranged DPS, why doesn't it spray acid on enemies dealing damage, or applying a DoT? As a healer, why doesn't it summon a small tree that heals people nearby, or a slime ooze that moves towards a friendly target and then explodes dealing healing? As a tank, why doesn't it infuse your character to take 1/2% less damage? As a melee dps, why doesn't it do acid in a cleave?

Blacksmithing. Melee DPS, it could summon another weapon to fight with you. Ranged DPS, it could send a whirling blade at the enemy (similar to the Mogu boss weapons in the 5-man). Tank, it could summon a shield to protect you or a weapon to take part of a hit (as a parry, but it dies once it's taken the damage). Not sure about healers.

Inscription, JC and Leatherworking, I'm struggling to come up with ideas, but I think people get the idea.

I also agree that the items themselves are a little 'meh' for the mats required. I guess I just want a lot more interesting items for all professions, but not giving something mechanical to alchemy (for example).

I've only listed crafting professions, but I'm sure we could work something in for gathering. Basically, specs are all about playstyle these days. Professions, are not. They're all about passive buffs, and it's just not interesting.
    Coder, Gamer - IOCube | #Error418MasterRace #ScottBrokeIt
    Knows: Node.js, JS + JQuery, HTML + CSS, Object Pascal, PHP, WQL/SQL

PC: 750D / 16GB / 256GB + 750GB / GTX780 / 4670K / Z87X-UD4H | Laptop: 8GB / 120GB + 480GB / GTX765M / 4700MQ

Stood in the Fire RyokuchaMidori's Avatar
    Hello I just started lvlning my leatherworking on a not so populated realm, which means I can't just go to the AH and buy out all of the mats I need in order to level my proffesion fast.
    No blizzard wants you to go out and play their game for countless hours playing like a bot. It has become really really to absurd and really not fun at all.
    I have spent countless of hours to grind my leatherworking up to 300 out of 600 and when I got to 300 I quit because it is simply way too lame.
    Fix this blizzard. Seriously this is one of the reasons ppl are quiting this game.
    I feel for you man, I really do. what did you expect ? buy all the mats on the AH and then right click your way to leatherworking 600 in 5min ? seriously
    "Skill, as the world of warcraft goes, is only in question between equals in pvp power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must."

Thucydides : " The Melian dialogue".

Honestly LW is really out of hand. The recipes have remained de facto the same since vanilla (except the removal of special mats like feathers and shit), it's insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Did you ever try to level Leatherworking? It's broken right now and will DEFINITLY get a revamp, when.. no idea.. but it will ;D
    Why yes... yes I have... in fact... my LW was 600 within 2 days of the expansion going live... in fact... ALL my professions were 600 within those 2 days.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 01:42 PM ----------

That's not true at all.
    Whats not true at all?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBacchus View Post
    But the thing is LW gives you both leather armor and mail
    And? BS gives you plate AND weapons, and it's easier to gather mats and level than LW. I know, I have both capped, along with inscription, alchemy, engineering, and tailoring.
    Last edited by Miralynn; 2013-04-27 at 06:45 PM.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

Yes, stop crying. Putting your words in someone else's mouth then attacking them because they dont agree with your position is dishonest. Crying about something that shouldn't take you more than a couple of days smacks of lazy.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal.