Page 1 of 6
... LastLast
    Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account

It takes way too long time to level proffesions nowadays

Hello I just started lvlning my leatherworking on a not so populated realm, which means I can't just go to the AH and buy out all of the mats I need in order to level my proffesion fast.
    No blizzard wants you to go out and play their game for countless hours playing like a bot. It has become really really to absurd and really not fun at all.
    I have spent countless of hours to grind my leatherworking up to 300 out of 600 and when I got to 300 I quit because it is simply way too lame.
    Fix this blizzard. Seriously this is one of the reasons ppl are quiting this game.

Deleted
    It isn't hard these days, but the first 300 levels are the hardest So don't give up it gets easier

Quote Originally Posted by LeBacchus View Post
    It isn't hard these days, but the first 300 levels are the hardest So don't give up it gets easier
    Did you ever try to level Leatherworking? It's broken right now and will DEFINITLY get a revamp, when.. no idea.. but it will ;D

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    You never trying to lvl Leatherworking i suppose? It's broken.
    I did last week

10+ Year Old Account
    Some things in the game should remain challenging.. perhaps making gold is one of them

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trackslix View Post
    Seriously this is one of the reasons ppl are quiting this game.
    Riddance. No seriously, if you can't be bothered to spend a few days leveling a profession then you don't deserve the rewards!

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    That's not true at all.

Quote Originally Posted by LeBacchus View Post
    Could use some tweaking. I hit a wall lvling tailoring, need an absurd amount of silk cloth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Did you ever try to level Leatherworking? It's broken right now and will DEFINITLY get a revamp, when.. no idea.. but it will ;D
    I have levelled Leatherworking on my Monk and it was a PAIN to do so. I'm playing on a popular realm ,though more Alliance sided, I still managed to get A LOT of mats for Leatherworking, but they were EXTREMELY expensive. In total I have spent 16k on LW, while I only spent about 8k on lvling engineering.

Watched my roommate take Enchanting from 1-600 in a matter of 36 hrs, did spend some gold on the AH, farmed the rest of the mats through lower dungeons (being a tailor helped make the cloth into smashables too), so no, it isn't hard. The "hard" part you speak of is the time-investment in farming materials. That isn't hard, it's a commitment, and a pretty lax one.

Farming Cloth: Pick a humanoid-populated instance of the right level range, profit. Northrend's necessity of Frostweave to reach 425 (and open Cata mats) sucks though.
    Farming Leather: A number of instances do have a skinnable population to them, just not as many as cloth-dropping. Best to find a zone with a high beast-type density to it.
    Farming Ore/Herbs: Look at all the zones with your resource type, and pick the one least likely to be quested in. There is naturally certain zones most people prefer.
    Last edited by ZeroEdgeir; 2013-04-27 at 01:22 PM.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasc View Post
    Riddance. No seriously, if you can't be bothered to spend a few days leveling a profession then you don't deserve the rewards!

This. ^

Blizzard has done nothing but cater to people that complained when things were out of reach for some people.

My biggest complaint was when Blizzard removed key attunement questlines back in BC to get into the newer raids. People that but fourth the time and effort, should definitely be rewarded. Too many hand outs.

I maxed out Leatherworking a few days ago, farmed everything myself. It didn't take more than a few hours of farming in total. MoP leather was the easiest, I covered that almost completely with Raptorleaf on the Sunsong Ranch. It's not "absurd" at all, stop crying.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    I maxed out Leatherworking a few days ago, farmed everything myself. It didn't take more than a few hours of farming in total. MoP leather was the easiest, I covered that almost completely with Raptorleaf on the Sunsong Ranch. It's not "absurd" at all, stop crying.
    Stop crying you say???? So what you're saying is that you find it entertaining to Kill the same mob 800 times to level 30 skills in 1 proffesion.. sad life really.

I've found that (at least on my shitty low pop server) Burning Crusade/WotLK stages of profession leveling takes ages. There are never any of these levels of herbs/ores on the AH, and when they are up, they're literally hundreds to thousands of gold a stack (and I'm pretty sure they don't actually sell at this price, I tried once just to see).

So unless you're leveling the gathering profession alongside it (which is balls if you're just in it for the PvE stat bonuses like me)... well good luck.

Deleted
    Stop crying you say???? So what you're saying is that you find it entertaining to Kill the same mob 800 times to level 30 skills in 1 proffesion.. sad life really.
    But you are crying about it and you still have to do it while he has done it.. So your life is sadder tbh now be a big boy and do it without crying like everybody else

I have to agree since I just leveled a second tailor since wrath and 1200 frost weave is insane
    Nixs

Quote Originally Posted by WarpKnight View Post
    Some things in the game should remain challenging.. perhaps making gold is one of them
    how in the world is leveling a profession a challenge? it's a pain in the ass, that's all that can be said of all of wow's current professions.

Deleted
    No blizzard wants you to go out and play their game for countless hours playing like a bot.
    That's pretty funny, 10/10.

Considering I've been leveling my Leatherworking since picking it up in Vanilla, I don't share your pain, but I agree that Vanilla LW should be streamlined. In the sense that last I checked, it had all these absurd minor materials which are annoying, whereas in WotLK, Cata and MoP you can level just fine with the main leather of the expansion.

TL;DR Remove minor mats, bump leather cost

Leveled blacksmithing in less than 4 hours 3 weeks ago, without using any of the overpriced ghost iron bar recipes.
    People don't forgive, they forget. - Rust Cohle

Quote Originally Posted by Simple057 View Post
    I have to agree since I just leveled a second tailor since wrath and 1200 frost weave is insane
    Well that was depressing to read, currently lvling my second mage and tailoring for the second time. Atm I'm hitting my head at the 780 silk cloth part and hadn't even looked at how many frostweave cloth I need.

Leveling goes so fast that you outlevel where the cloth you need drops without hardly getting anything, think I'll forget about proffesions for now and get to level cap first then go back and farm the cloth.
    Quote Originally Posted by Relapses View Post
    Luckily I have no interest in Catgirl Simulator 2014 or whatever it is.
    Said while playing WoW with cow, wolf, panda and fox girls.