Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Leveling prof is no easy task in a bad server.
    According to the gold farm website, leveling a prof is just as expensive as leveling from 1 to 80.

Quote Originally Posted by Trackslix View Post
    Stop crying you say???? So what you're saying is that you find it entertaining to Kill the same mob 800 times to level 30 skills in 1 proffesion.. sad life really.
    And you're saying that you should be handed everything on a silver platter, no effort at all to acquire such stuff? We're not asking you to spend weeks farming! You'd get 30 skill points easily in barely an hour or two of farming. If you can't commit to THAT, I'm afraid you're the kind of player that usually linger in the bottom half of a damage meter in a raid boss fight, and don't do much to improve its own dps.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 06:16 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    Leveling prof is no easy task in a bad server.
    According to the gold farm website, leveling a prof is just as expensive as leveling from 1 to 80.
    So, leveling a profession is damn cheap? Because I don't recall spending gold anywhere other than paying the Taxi NPC to take me to other places, during leveling...

Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Did you ever try to level Leatherworking? It's broken right now and will DEFINITLY get a revamp, when.. no idea.. but it will ;D
    With some of the fast spawning area with things to skin and dungeons you canfarm for skinning, LW is simple at 90. The only difficulty with levelling LW is if you do it while levelling. You outlevel the mobs to skin quite fast.

Quote Originally Posted by HeatherRae View Post
    I just leveled this on another Priest alt of mine, and the Silk requirement is incredibly silly. You can crunch Mageweave into cloth at that point, but you STILL cannot use it. Still need silk, even though none of the instances you'll be sorted into if you're the right level at the time will give you silk.
    In eastern plaguelands is a little area with some mobs that respawn really fast and even if there are 2-3 other people farming there are enough mobs to farm (just look on wowhead in the comments where that place is). Did farm with my main for like 30 minutes and had enough silk for my alt. Frostweave can be farmed in pit of saron. Outside of ICC isn't that good anymore with CRZ and a lot of people farm cloth to sell it in the AH.

Quote Originally Posted by Miralynn View Post
    Leatherworking in particular could use a revamp, or skinning could. The amount of mats necessary to level LW is more or less in line with the other professions, but it takes considerably more work to gather them. One mine or herb node gives up to 5-6 ores/herbs, and you don't have to spend time killing it first. Skinnable mobs give one piece of leather, maybe two, AND you have to spend time killing the mob first. As it is now, if you do all the gathering yourself, LW takes 3-4 times longer than any other profession. It needs a tweak to bring it in line, especially at the lower levels.
    One mine or herb node 'can' give that many, but doesn't always. As far as mining, it's actually pretty rare to see that many.

And the difference is while the act of killing / skinning does take longer, there's also a LOT more opportunities for players to collect those skins in any given area.

Folks seem to forget that the intent of professions. You're supposed to pick a pair @ level 10, and level them up with your character. That's why zones have the drops they do, that coincide generally with about how far along you should be in your given professions. Same goes for fishing to an extent.

I realize that most folks simply prefer to AH their way through a profession at max level, but it's hard to take complaints seriously when this is viewed as some inconvenience.

Quote Originally Posted by turskanaattori View Post
    Hard? No. Cost/time-inefficient? Yes.
    Cost/time inefficient? Not really, no. Unless you consider ANY time spent grinding crafting mats just wasted time.

No one is stupid enough to farm the material and level a prof.

You find an easy way to make gold.
    Then use that gold to buy material from AH.

Also you do NOT level a prof with leveling.
    Leveling is too fast now.

Low pop realm + CRZ means good luck leveling any kind of crafting profession, since every other server will have players to gather mats compared to just you ><

Quote Originally Posted by xenogear3 View Post
    No one is stupid enough to farm the material and level a prof.

You find an easy way to make gold.
    Then use that gold to buy material from AH.

Also you do NOT level a prof with leveling.
    Leveling is too fast now.
    Way to go, insulting everyone who didn't care to waste gold in the Auction House and decided to farm their own crafting materials for their profession leveling. I won't waste 100+ gold in mats when I can get that same amount by grinding for one or two hours. Don't make a fool of yourself next time, please.

I find it funny that the OP accuses someone else of having a sad life because they have the patience to level up a trade skill. Just another kid with memenaonao syndrome, just what the world needed.

are you serious? the only professions that take any amount of work are gathering professions where you are forced to compete with CRZ players in order to farm the nodes to move forward. any of the crafting professions can be leveled from zero to full in under an hour.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    What? It's as fast as it has never been before.

Spend 5k = almost capped. Spend 1 hour of grind for the lower mats with it and you have it all done.

Deleted
    Hello I just started lvlning my leatherworking on a not so populated realm, which means I can't just go to the AH and buy out all of the mats I need in order to level my proffesion fast.
    No blizzard wants you to go out and play their game for countless hours playing like a bot. It has become really really to absurd and really not fun at all.
    I have spent countless of hours to grind my leatherworking up to 300 out of 600 and when I got to 300 I quit because it is simply way too lame.
    Fix this blizzard. Seriously this is one of the reasons ppl are quiting this game.
    I feel for you man, I really do. what did you expect ? buy all the mats on the AH and then right click your way to leatherworking 600 in 5min ? seriously

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Yuyuli View Post
    Did you ever try to level Leatherworking? It's broken right now and will DEFINITLY get a revamp, when.. no idea.. but it will ;D
    Why yes... yes I have... in fact... my LW was 600 within 2 days of the expansion going live... in fact... ALL my professions were 600 within those 2 days.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 01:42 PM ----------

That's not true at all.
    Whats not true at all?

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by LeBacchus View Post
    But the thing is LW gives you both leather armor and mail
    And? BS gives you plate AND weapons, and it's easier to gather mats and level than LW. I know, I have both capped, along with inscription, alchemy, engineering, and tailoring.
    Last edited by Miralynn; 2013-04-27 at 06:45 PM.
    When asked about the role of women in video games, Samus Aran said, "..." - and then she blew up the planet. AGAIN.

10+ Year Old Account
    Stop crying you say???? So what you're saying is that you find it entertaining to Kill the same mob 800 times to level 30 skills in 1 proffesion.. sad life really.
    Yes, stop crying. Putting your words in someone else's mouth then attacking them because they dont agree with your position is dishonest. Crying about something that shouldn't take you more than a couple of days smacks of lazy.

I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Nymrohd View Post
    The problem with professions is that they offer next to nothing. You get a small bonus for keeping your professions up to date (which can make you feel you need to have the optimal professions not to gimp yourself) and then nothing. You can make some gold through professions by making vanity items but you cannot actually make decent items; the few raid-level items that can be crafted require mats you can only get in raids or so expensive that they suborn any profit you could have made; they aren't exactly hard to learn as recipes either.
    You make most of your gold from professions by making consumables like gems, flasks, potions, enchants, ect. The things people have to buy more than once. You also save gold by being able to make stuff for yourself.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Simple057 View Post
    Yea 2 hours mabey if your not affected with Crz there is always 3-5 people taking converted heros in icecrown
    could easily move up to the cultists with the cauldrons... or... over the mountain and kill those 3 camps of cultists west of argent tourney...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ZeroEdgeir View Post
    Watched my roommate take Enchanting from 1-600 in a matter of 36 hrs, did spend some gold on the AH, farmed the rest of the mats through lower dungeons (being a tailor helped make the cloth into smashables too), so no, it isn't hard. The "hard" part you speak of is the time-investment in farming materials. That isn't hard, it's a commitment, and a pretty lax one.

Farming Cloth: Pick a humanoid-populated instance of the right level range, profit. Northrend's necessity of Frostweave to reach 425 (and open Cata mats) sucks though.
    Farming Leather: A number of instances do have a skinnable population to them, just not as many as cloth-dropping. Best to find a zone with a high beast-type density to it.
    Farming Ore/Herbs: Look at all the zones with your resource type, and pick the one least likely to be quested in. There is naturally certain zones most people prefer.
    36 hours is a long time. i did enchanting 1-600 the other day in maybe 6 hours tops

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Faesroll View Post
    Leveled blacksmithing in less than 4 hours 3 weeks ago, without using any of the overpriced ghost iron bar recipes.
    You bought everything off the AH? O_o
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-