Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Phasma View Post
    So, according to you, every profession has the same exact time investment leveling from 1-600? Hey, it's the same logic Blizzard has. Must be right.
    Just because you're lazy doesn't mean someone else is wrong. Leatherworking provides great bonuses and if you want those bonuses well, go out and work for them, bro.

Another thing Blizzard should really make is BoP crafting mats. Something relatively easy to get but something you can't get on the AH... And as for dual professions, make another leveling path viable but cost a lot more mats and time.
    That'd be quite awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by vep View Post
    Just because you're lazy doesn't mean someone else is wrong. Leatherworking provides great bonuses and if you want those bonuses well, go out and work for them, bro.

Another thing Blizzard should really make is BoP crafting mats. Something relatively easy to get but something you can't get on the AH... And as for dual professions, make another leveling path viable but cost a lot more mats and time.
    That'd be quite awesome.
    Lazy? Hmm.. kind of an odd thing to say coming from someone playing a video game in a computer chair and willing to spend more time doing so. Maybe you need to reevaluate your definition of lazy.

Edit: What I'm trying to say is that if a bot can do it, and it's not fun, it shouldn't be in the game. A video game isn't for working, it's for playing.
    Last edited by Phasma; 2013-04-27 at 11:27 PM.

I just leveled up Tailoring in a couple days .. very simple, go to wowhead read some comments find the best places to farm then take your best aoe character (mine being a monk) then go and farm the cloth .. took an hour or 2 per cloth from silk on.

Its really not that hard to level professions, I have leveled a ton with 6 90s and a few of them from 0

Something else to add, farming has never been easier with aoe looting now. Remember not too long ago you still had to go to each individual dead body and loot.

Deleted
    Leatherworking is by far the worst, both in mat gathering and the quantity requirements.
    Comon 14x heavy leather for some shitty level 32 green item granting one skillup? This isn't sane.
    Even on a high pop server the material cost for leather is very high, you aren't powerleveling it without at least 25k to spend.
    And those 10 second craft casts. Yuck.

But nothing is black and while in real life, so is in WoW - this provides very good opportunity for low level players to earn very serious gold amount on their way leveling. Low level skinning, mining, herbing etc. Quests barely make you any gold until level 70, this can easily kickstart you with 20k gold at max level.
    For me it's nothing but for a player that's just starting it's a small fortune. This + some wowhead/youtube research on good grinding spots and you win.

If I were to revamp professions, I'd finally get rid of gathering professions and incorporate them into their respective crafting professions - skinning into LW, mining into blacksmithing and JC (BS would get Smelting, JC would get Prospecting, both get Mining (the gathering skill itself), herbalism into Inscription and Alchemy.
    Second thing I'd do - provide alternative (but not so cost/farmtime effective) ways of powerskilling your proff using new content mats, very much like Blacksmithing.
    Third - shorten the fucking cast times to universal 1 second and make Mass Craft (x5 x10 x20) for common mats ie. cloth into bolts, ore into bars etc.