Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Easy fix to keep pve gear out of pvp

They need to do away with the 65% reduction and put all resil back on to gear. This would force players to use pvp gear. Now I know they did the 65% resil to help new 90s get gear but why cant they just add a vendor who sells low ilvl pvp gear for gold? Kind of like the vendor who sells low ilvl pvp gear as you level.

Heres a link to another thread I made about pvp.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728182800#3

Deleted
    why i like killing pvp geared ppl with my PVE geared blood DK

Haters gonna hate

lol Blood dks.

user received infraction on this page
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-27 at 04:39 PM.

Deleted
    They are normalizing gear in BGs/arenas next season, no?
    That ought to do it, with PvP power only being in gear?

Deleted
    Only way to fix this would be to implement a setbonus to trinkets or all items outside the 5/5 that would add something
    retarded like 100000 pvp power that would make people insanely gimped if they didnt have the above mentioned setbonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    They need to do away with the 65% reduction and put all resil back on to gear. This would force players to use pvp gear.
    First they never ever said they wanted PvE gear out of PvP. This is what some of the players want, not all. If they deem an item to be too powerful from PvE they have now started to reallocate the stat/proc on the items for PvP use only.

Now I know they did the 65% resil to help new 90s get gear but why cant they just add a vendor who sells low ilvl pvp gear for gold? Kind of like the vendor who sells low ilvl pvp gear as you level.
    Also, setup a vendor where you can buy gear for gold? Why not just mail us the gear when we hit 90? I mean honestly what point does it serve? You do this and then people will want as 463 vendor setup so they can start queuing for MSV immediately to start raiding. You can buy gear now for gold, the problem with it is why buy it if you'll replace it shortly with vastly superior honor gear?

Also, what vendors are you talking about for gold? Only ones I can think of require honor to buy an item and you need required reputation to get the item. I can't think of any low level vendor that sells items for gold and if there was it'd still require a certain reputation.

Bliz doesn't want to take pve gear out of pvp, they just want pvp gear to be more attractive for pvp than pve gear. Since all gear will be normalized in 5.3, this issue has been resolved, and further discussion is rather redundant.

You sir are an idiot. Please get off my post.

Infracted
    Last edited by Nicola; 2013-04-27 at 04:38 PM.

Deleted
    You sir are an idiot. Please get off my post.
    You should use the quote-function to specify who you are insulting. Just a little tip!

I would like to use pvp gear in pve and vice verca. When the rules are set aside and everyone has access to the same items I have no sympathy for casuals who find pve or pvp boring or hard. I would add more but then I would probably be stereotyping.

Honestly who cares if people use pve gear... They of in the work to get it...

They could always just put negative pvp power on pve gear when used in arena and bgs.

[Banhammer, Kungen's Bane]

1.60 sp mace
    150 str
    268 sta
    77 defense
    80 dodge
    93 parry
    "As you look upon the mace, you hear the whining of a thousand fanboys. Something deep with in your soul makes it impossible to think anything but 'lol.'"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    You know I wish I could take PvP gear out of PvP. You think its fair but thats utter bull outside of arenas.

I cant do WPvP or casual PvP correctly on any of my characters that dont have full PvP gear. Its shit.

Oh you want to do some damage? LoLNOPE max Resi.
    Agreed! PvP gear is the worst thing that has ever happened to PvP. The most fun I ever had with WoW's PvP was before the advent of resilience.

Quote Originally Posted by jahasafrat View Post
    Agreed! PvP gear is the worst thing that has ever happened to PvP. The most fun I ever had with WoW's PvP was before the advent of resilience.
    I agree. I keep considering getting into serious PVP but the barrier to entry is too severe. Every time I entertain the notion it gets shot down because I don't have full current season PVP gear already. It's also apparently impossible to get a group without having some pro rating to be able to back it up.

Currently playing Borderlands 1 remaster. Amped for Borderlands 3.
    Add me on the PSN for jolly-cooperation @ PuppetShoJustice

The game is dominated by PvE players, they are the majority. Since these carebears weep and whine so much to Blizz about CRZ and that they are now getting their collective asses handed to them in WPvP, hence we get the 65% baseline resil. And please do not insult anyone's intelligence with someone geared for PvP will always beat a PvE geared toon (similar skills with their class), a T1 PvE geared Blood DK will NOT die to a T1 PvP geared Rogue. Class/Spec has a lot to do with it.

Remove baseline resilience from random/rated bgs and arenas. Let the carebears have it for World PvP.

To keep PvE gear out of PvP in 5.3 they really need to disable the PvE set bonuses or certain classes will start ripping shit up with certain bonuses.

Quote Originally Posted by Glurp View Post
    To keep PvE gear out of PvP in 5.3 they really need to disable the PvE set bonuses or certain classes will start ripping shit up with certain bonuses.
    And trinkets. Honestly the PvE trinkets they consistently keep nerfing in PvP simply need to be disallowed in PvP. It's not the PvE'rs that are benefiting from it in PvP, it's the PvP'rs that KNOW how broken it is. When I can die from 70%-0 in literally 1 second to a rogue (80k evis, marked for death 160k evis crit), it's a little ridiculous. Human Thug Cleaves running the on use with that trinket can usually kill on the opener (or at least score most of the enemy team's cooldowns) simply if it procs.

While I think some of us can agree that double DPS trinkets is one of the sole reasons for this it's also no surprise to anyone playing arena lately to run into comps using these trinkets to put out some insane damage.

TL;DR: Last seasons of Wrath and Cata were running rampant with PvE weapons and trinkets (if you were an ArP class without DBW you were doing it wrong), I'd rather that didn't follow into MoP; though steps are being taken I don't know that it's enough.

Herald of the Titans Dristereau's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Currently I wonder if a better solution would be to make PVP Weapons give Power and Armor give Resilience and Additional Stamina (Similar to how Wrath PVP Gear did). Lower Base Resilience down to 40% and make it so that each point of Resilience gives more Resilience. Allow Blacksmiths and Engineers to created Crafted PVP Weapons similar to how they can make Armors, and make all Recipes not cost Spirit of Harmony, just be learnt off of the Trainers, so newcomers have an introductory set that shouldn't be too hard to get. Also make it so an Honor PVP Weapon exists always, and remove the Conquest/Honor requirement to purchase weapons, let players make the choice. Also add Six and Eight Piece Bonuses back for PVP Gear. Also to remove the use of daft PVE Gear, PVE Set Bonuses, PVE Trinkets and other specified items (Eg. Crown of the Heavens and similar items) are disabled in Arena, Rated and Random Battlegrounds.

Reduce the Honor value from a Kill if the Player is in a Graveyard to 20% of the current value to discourage camping. Also make objectives give more Honor to players in the area eg. Flag Caps/Defends/Returns, Base Assaults/Defences and such. Also possibly allow those with Honor be allowed to trade it for a small amount of conquest (E.g. 1000 Honor gives 20 Conquest). Permanent Bans and a crackdown on those caught botting.
    Dristereau - Axxolentus - Infernus - Sequentia - Nulo - Desterrar

Silvermoon
    - Shadowsong/Aszune - Tarren-Mill/Dentarg (SL Mage Tower: 29/36
    )

Deleted
    The problem is, are they really interested in keeping PvE gear out of PvP? To me it feels more like they're slowly trying to demote PvP since the start of Pandaria and especially in 5.2/5.3. It feels like they're trying to make it something PvE players can do in between raids without having to exchange their gear and in general bring it down to the level of Pet Battles.

15+ Year Old Account
    The way to fix PvE trinkets and set bonuses in PvP is this:

Disable
    PvE trinket procs, and PvE set bonuses in Rated Battlegrounds and Arenas.

They still provide the static stats (ie. +1300 intellect or agility or w/e) - but they don't proc. If you only have the pve trinket, you can still wear it in pvp and it's not useless - but the pvp ones will always be better if procs / set bonuses are disabled. In non-rated pvp, bonuses are fun and funny and since it's not really competitive, it doesn't really matter - but when we're trying to play a balanced and competitive pvp experience - so long as weird bonuses exist at all - there will continue to be some bonus for some class that works too well.

PvP would look a lot more balanced right now if we weren't exacerbating high burst with pve trinkets that significantly amplify that burst. Much of the problems of the past with legendaries in PvP would be similarly ineffective - rogue wings wouldn't proc and agi stacks wouldn't build, tarecgosa wouldn't proc, thunderfury wouldn't proc, shadowmourne wouldn't proc soul harvest. The only legendary that didn't have an OP proc was the hunter bow - and the legendary hunter bow wasn't even the best PvP bow when it was live, all the top hunters were running a PvE bow out of black temple that had a massive mana drain on every shot: so that wouldn't have worked either.

PvE procs shouldn't be in competitive PvP.
    Youtube ~ Yvaelle ~ Twitter