Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    If it's so quick anyways that it doesn't matter, then there's no problem in beginning at level one is there? If Demon Hunters had their own area, they would fight the same things no matter if they began at high or low level.

It's illogical for them to begin at any level other than one.
    It's not illogical at all. It just means that the characters who get trained as demon hunters are already experienced fighters. They don't have to be, but there's nothing illogical about it. However it would feel very anticlimatic if you have this great starting experience where you learn how to be a demon hunter, you get powerful glaives and fight powerful demons, slowly become a demon yourself and then you go and fight quillboar in the barrens.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    It's not illogical at all. It just means that the characters who get trained as demon hunters are already experienced fighters. They don't have to be, but there's nothing illogical about it. However it would feel very anticlimatic if you have this great starting experience where you learn how to be a demon hunter, you get powerful glaives and fight powerful demons, slowly become a demon yourself and then you go and fight quillboar in the barrens.
    That's going to happen anyway though. It might not be in the Barrens, but in Outland you fight weird bird people and boars. In Northrend you eat seeds that you then have to poop out. In Cataclysm you're saving little critters and collecting poo. In Pandaria you're collecting beer and saving scared Pandaren children from cats.

Deleted
    Maybe they'll release some new character models

Deleted
    MoP had new class AND race.

Next xpac might have none of them.

Gives them more time to focus on other things.

Isn't that exactly what we have right now? I believe the Draenei haven't gotten much lore since their release, Blood Elves didn't get much before MoP. Considering the amount of races we have now though, along with each and every one having at least one leader, it's really difficult to make good story progression on all of these, along with whatever the current threat to Azeroth is. For every new race that is introduced, that's a hell of a lot of extra work.

So I would definitely expect more races that get next to no story progression outside of their release.
    Yes, it already happens and it's not fun.

I couldn't care less about a new race or class, although they're always nice. What should be in the expansion is a complete overhaul of the vanilla models.
    Proud Conservative and lover of guns, freedom and the Constitution.

Deleted
    That's going to happen anyway though. It might not be in the Barrens, but in Outland you fight weird bird people and boars. In Northrend you eat seeds that you then have to poop out. In Cataclysm you're saving little critters and collecting poo. In Pandaria you're collecting beer and saving scared Pandaren children from cats.
    I'm not gonna argue that any of that feels heroic, but a demon hunter should still not level through low level zones, it just doesn't fit. It's anticlimatic, like I said, to go from an amazing DH zone to barrens or westfall. Even if the individual quests sometimes are a bit mundane, the general content still feels more important. If a DH goes out into the world at level 80 then he faces the Cataclysm. He fights on Mount Hyjal and similar zones. Even if there are quests on Hyjal where you have to save forest animals and throw bears on a trampoline, the general story there is "Ragnaros wants to burn the world tree". In Westfall it's "only" the Defias. The Defias are a lowbie task. Ragnaros is for the big guys.

Deleted
    I'm not gonna argue that any of that feels heroic, but a demon hunter should still not level through low level zones, it just doesn't fit. It's anticlimatic, like I said, to go from an amazing DH zone to barrens or westfall. Even if the individual quests sometimes are a bit mundane, the general content still feels more important. If a DH goes out into the world at level 80 then he faces the Cataclysm. He fights on Mount Hyjal and similar zones. Even if there are quests on Hyjal where you have to save forest animals and throw bears on a trampoline, the general story there is "Ragnaros wants to burn the world tree". In Westfall it's "only" the Defias. The Defias are a lowbie task. Ragnaros is for the big guys.
    I would argue that the poor hobo's in Westfall consider the Defias to be a much more urgent and larger threat, they would surely call you a hero for freeing them of this murderous gang that threatens the very essence of Stormwind itself! ^^ But really, all other classes have to "suffer" through it, so I don't see the point of Demon Hunters getting away. If Demon Hunters gets to start at a higher level, all classes should, which defeats the purpose of those levels entirely.

Deleted
    I would argue that the poor hobo's in Westfall consider the Defias to be a much more urgent and larger threat, they would surely call you a hero for freeing them of this murderous gang that threatens the very essence of Stormwind itself! ^^ But really, all other classes have to "suffer" through it, so I don't see the point of Demon Hunters getting away. If Demon Hunters gets to start at a higher level, all classes should, which defeats the purpose of those levels entirely.
    Of course you're a hero when you defeat the Defias, but the Defias are not as big a threat as Ragnaros. The things you do as a hero become much more important the more you advance through the zones, especially when you hit the content of the expansions.

I don't understand your reasoning. The Death Knight starts at a higher level because its a hero class. There is nothing unfair about it, because every player can make a DK. If you think it's such a big advantage then play a DK. Where is the problem? I have two DKs myself, and I have 4 level 90s. about 10 characters at level 85 and another 10 characters at level 60. I never had a problem with DKs starting at a high level. I don't see where the issue is.

Deleted
    Of course you're a hero when you defeat the Defias, but the Defias are not as big a threat as Ragnaros. The things you do as a hero become much more important the more you advance through the zones, especially when you hit the content of the expansions.

I don't understand your reasoning. The Death Knight starts at a higher level because its a hero class. There is nothing unfair about it, because every player can make a DK. If you think it's such a big advantage then play a DK. Where is the problem? I have two DKs myself, and I have 4 level 90s. about 10 characters at level 85 and another 10 characters at level 60. I never had a problem with DKs starting at a high level. I don't see where the issue is.
    I have explained the issue several times... Starting out at a higher level defeats the purpose of all levels before that... Why should one class get to start off ahead, when the rest don't? It's illogical, even if you play the "but they are former champions" card or "but you need a 55 character to create one" card.

I have a level 90, does that mean all characters I create should be level 90? No, it doesn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Without a new race or new class, it would be a very low selling expansion. WoW players have come expect either a new race or a new class with each new expansion.
    100% agreed. In today's market a new continent (including what that usually entails like dungeons) is not enough. I'm going with demon hunter class OR new specs for existing classes (this may be crazy, but there some rumors floating around about 3-spec achievement)

I'd kind of like to see an expansion that focuses more on a very large content of questing for leveling 85-90. Think how long it took the majority of people to get to 80 in Wrath or 70 in BC with 10 levels. I want 10 levels worth of expansion content for a 5 level cap increase. Lets completionists at 95 quest through all the zones for story rather than just daily quests. It also lets alts take different paths rather than the same quests repeated every time.

And I love the idea of a progressive xp nerf for each character you get to max level.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just give me gnome paladins and druids (!mechanical steampunk animal forms!) and they can do whatever they want next expansion!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt we'll get a new class two expansions in a row. A new race is much easier to balance than new classes. Also more enjoyable (opinion) for players since there is a possibility they can play their favorite class with the new race. I think it's a lot more likely that they'll also expand what races can be certain classes.

As much as I want another class that can use int mail and / or ranged weapons, I'd be perfectly fine with that waiting for another expansion.

Quote Originally Posted by Powell View Post
    Either a fourth spec to every class or a new class is what i think.
    Please give us this!
    Spotify - Hardstyle | Hardcore

15+ Year Old Account
    They'll have some "BIG DEAL" feature, and I don't think the models are enough of one by themselves.

It could be new specializations or something instead of a class, though.

Also, WTB the monk daily for everyone, or starting before 1. Something. Nearly 100 levels from scratch is only getting more and more painful.

Deleted
    I have explained the issue several times... Starting out at a higher level defeats the purpose of all levels before that... Why should one class get to start off ahead, when the rest don't? It's illogical, even if you play the "but they are former champions" card or "but you need a 55 character to create one" card.

I have a level 90, does that mean all characters I create should be level 90? No, it doesn't.
    No one says that all characters should start at level 90. Nor at a higher level in general. It is only the DK that starts at a higher level, and maybe at some point in the future one or a couple more hero classes that they put into the game. Blizzard themselves said that the reason they do that is that it just doesn't feel heroic for a Death Knight to walk around Elwynn.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...v098sI#t=1758s
    Last edited by mmocedbf46d113; 2013-04-29 at 07:08 AM.

Yes - but they may have the new models for existing races. Possibly also +10lvls instead of +5.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 07:30 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Tribunal View Post
    It could be new specializations or something instead of a class, though.
    Cross class ... omg
    Mount abilities... yes!!!