Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nindoriel View Post
    You're taking it too literally. Exchange warrior with fighter, if you can't see the difference between the class name and the general idea of a warrior.

I mean great things as in "great fights" and "great challenges" as opposed to kobolds, not great things as in "noble and honorable" deeds. Though you do kill Scarlet Crusaders.

Right level 1 is there for a reason, and Death Knights start at a higher level to show how powerful they are. And that's exactly why Blizzard does it.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpG65ap-Uvc
    Which is unfair to all other classes. They are powerful? No kidding, so are all of the classes. Fel magic is the strongest form of magic, in that sense Warlocks could be considered to be the strongest, yet they start out at level one, so Death Knights starting out higher than the rest just to make them seem powerful, doesn't make sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Zephre View Post
    Not sure I agree with that.

I would be happy with new character models rather than another class they'll fail at balancing and as for races they're running out of options.
    as long as there are naga, they haven't run out of options yet. it's the one important WC3 race they haven't added as playable yet.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 12:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Which is unfair to all other classes. They are powerful? No kidding, so are all of the classes. Fel magic is the strongest form of magic, in that sense Warlocks could be considered to be the strongest, yet they start out at level one, so Death Knights starting out higher than the rest just to make them seem powerful, doesn't make sense.
    here's the thing: there are powerful warlocks, and there are weak warlocks.

there are powerful death knights, period.

being a warlock is a choice. you can grab a few books about dark sorcery and start learning by yourself, no matter how weak you are.

being a death knight is not a choice. the scourge will raise you as undeath, and unless they think you are strong, you'll be a ghoul. only very strong warriors and paladins, strong enough to catch the lich king's eye, will be turned into death knights.

Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    "Hero class" meant that the DK started at higher level (and also with a lot of blue gear and so on). We thought it made sense for the DK story because you're treated as a high-level character and veteran of past events.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    You are just being silly now. What is unfair about starting at a higher level? Everyone who plays a DK has to have a level 55 character. And every player can make a DK. Where does the unfair part come in?

The video I linked explains why they start out at a higher level. Accept it or don't.

New character models for the existing races should happen in the next expansion.

A fourth specialization (maybe a PVP only spec?) could make an appearance.

Deleted
    You are just being silly now. What is unfair about starting at a higher level? Everyone who plays a DK has to have a level 55 character. And every player can make a DK. Where does the unfair part come in?

The video I linked explains why they start out at a higher level. Accept it or don't.
    I believe they took away the restriction to have a 55 character in MoP. And the main reason I hate it is because time and time again I see people rolling Death Knights, for the sole reason that they start out at a higher level, not because they actually like the class. I advice you to sign as a tank around level 60 some time, and see your group filled with Death Knights each and every time.

Also, Death Knights get to start at a higher level than the rest, I have accepted that, to a point... But I do not want to ever see Blizzard doing it again, because it was a complete failure of an idea.

Demon Hunters aren't former champions, they weren't forced to become what they are, there is no reason for them not to start at level one.

Deleted
    It must have at least a class, otherwise there won't be content for toons below the new high leveling content

Demon Hunters aren't former champions, they weren't forced to become what they are, there is no reason for them not to start at level one.
    there is one reason for them to start stronger than others. according to BC quest text, most demon hunters die or go insane during the demon hunter training. this end up being a case of natural selection. level 1 demon hunters die. level 55? maybe these survive.

I hope blizz glues demon hunters into warlocks, though

Deleted
    I believe they took away the restriction to have a 55 character in MoP. And the main reason I hate it is because time and time again I see people rolling Death Knights, for the sole reason that they start out at a higher level, not because they actually like the class. I advice you to sign as a tank around level 60 some time, and see your group filled with Death Knights each and every time.

Also, Death Knights get to start at a higher level than the rest, I have accepted that, to a point... But I do not want to ever see Blizzard doing it again, because it was a complete failure of an idea.

I have not heard that they removed that restriction, and I can't find anything regarding that when I look for it on the web.

DHs aren't former champions, but they need their own starting area to adequately deal with their story.

Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    A fourth specialization (maybe a PVP only spec?) could make an appearance.
    That or figure out a way to shoehorn in a tank / healer spec for those that don't have the options. Yeah, people say if you want to heal/tank just re-roll, but at this point there are some people who'd like the option and have been playing their character for X years with plenty of time invested who may just want to be more versatile on their preferred main. More tanks and healers options never hurt for que times either.

Deleted
    I have not heard that they removed that restriction, and I can't find anything regarding that when I look for it on the web.

DHs aren't former champions, but they need their own starting area to adequately deal with their story.
    Then they can have their own area but still start out at level one? No reason for them to start at a higher level.

15+ Year Old Account
    4th Specialization seems too huge and in my opinion totally unrealistic..

You have shamans being healers , ranged dps and melee...
    you have paladins being tanks healers and dps
    etc
    so what? add a shaman tank and a paladin caster dps? It just doesn't add. And this is not Rift

About a 4th specialization being pvp oriented. After all the efforts from community and blizzard to make a viable pvp "balance" on most specs classes..it doesn't make sense to add a pvp oriented specialization that will dump all this effort to the bin.

I don't really understand the hype over new character models. I mean, the game's textures are low , the polys are low too (compared to newer mmorpgs). Asking all the time from blizzard , new models, just doesn't help. I almost feel that the demand is made-up from fake "players" so that blizzard won't bother with textures and polygons..They create a hype about new animations/models and we all want it, even if we may even not see huge differences.. Is this a possibility? Yes it is, don't deny it

About next expansion, well before that, it seems, to me, that MoP is one of the richest expansions in content. Last time i had that was at TBC. WotlK was ok but it made us melt our butts to do 25/25 dailies.. Anyway, for new expansion, imo blizzard has made a nice production line on delivering new content inside an expansion fast and reliably. MoP shows that blizzard is mature on this and i won't be surprised if next expansion is even better, bigger, richer.
    I have a feeling we will get only to 99 or 100lvl and i think i read somewhere there will be another expansion after that? (please correct me if i am wrong)

I want a new class i am sure of it, should be Mail gear character. We have 3 leather classes, 3 plate classes, 3 cloth classes and 2 mail gear classes. You know now why i expect a mail gear class totally new.
    I have a feeling it will be a ranged class on 2 specializations with the 3rd being melee. I would guess it could be an arcane archer of sort. Yes the way i see it, maybe a Demon Hunter specialization or whole class as name could fit in there..with mail gear though )

Now Lorewise i would prefer we didn't stumble on old lore already stretched and seen but get something completely new. Emerald dream? Or perhaps another plane of existence?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    there is one reason for them to start stronger than others. according to BC quest text, most demon hunters die or go insane during the demon hunter training. this end up being a case of natural selection. level 1 demon hunters die. level 55? maybe these survive.
    Couldn't the same thing be said about Paladins and Warlocks? A paladin who isn't strong enough would die on his trials against potential scourge (as you see in Eastern Plaguelands, their trials can be quite deadly). A weak Warlock would fall easy pray for any demon he/she contacts.

I hope blizz glues demon hunters into warlocks, though
    Agreed, then I can play my two favorite classes at the same time. =)

Deleted
    Then they can have their own area but still start out at level one? No reason for them to start at a higher level.
    I still don't feel that going around Westfall or Barrens is fitting for a Demon Hunter. Especially for a Demon Hunter its important that he gets to hunt demons as soon as possible, and that can best be done by having him start at a level close to the current expansion. I also don't see any negative effect of having them start at a high level. The worst thing that can happen is that people will start one on another server so they get into the endgame quicker, and I would count that as a plus. Besides leveling is so quick anyway, that it doesn't really matter.

15+ Year Old Account
    People have come to expect a new race and class each xpac, so it would be kind of dumb for blizzard to not add them. There are some wow players that quit, and come back for new xpacs for the first 6 months or so. Blizzard wouldn't want to lose out on the surge of money they make just over the excitement of a new class and race.

I think making all classes available to all races would be really cool though.
    What doesn't kill you, only makes you stranger

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Synbaby View Post
    People have come to expect a new race and class each xpac, so it would be kind of dumb for blizzard to not add them.
    Er no, that's not how it works, it depends on whether Blizzard see a part for new race or classes in the next expansion, not what these *people* you refer to expect.

Personally, I hope for neither, I would like it if they concentrated on other aspects of the game as we have way too many classes and races as it is. I am certainly not alone in these thoughts.

Couldn't the same thing be said about Paladins and Warlocks? A paladin who isn't strong enough would die on his trials against potential scourge (as you see in Eastern Plaguelands, their trials can be quite deadly). A weak Warlock would fall easy pray for any demon he/she contacts.
    not really. a weak paladin won't be sent to kill the lich king, he'll be going after thieves and gnolls until he's strong enough to fight against the scourge.

a smart warlock won't try to contract a demon he can't beat. the vanilla quests explained it well. you had to wait until you were strong enough, gather the reagents, summon a demon, beat it up to a pulp and than make the contract. that's why you only get the succubus at lvl 20, for instance.

now, the problem with demon hunters is that the demon hunting training itself is too heavy and self harming. the training, not the practical combat. if you aren't strong already before you start it, you can't finish it.

if they bake it into warlocks, they could just say that "you learn to be a warlock until you are strong enough, than you take the rites to be a demon hunter", but if they make it it's own class, than it'll need to be a hero class.

Deleted
    I still don't feel that going around Westfall or Barrens is fitting for a Demon Hunter. Especially for a Demon Hunter its important that he gets to hunt demons as soon as possible, and that can best be done by having him start at a level close to the current expansion. I also don't see any negative effect of having them start at a high level. The worst thing that can happen is that people will start one on another server so they get into the endgame quicker, and I would count that as a plus. Besides leveling is so quick anyway, that it doesn't really matter.
    If it's so quick anyways that it doesn't matter, then there's no problem in beginning at level one is there? If Demon Hunters had their own area, they would fight the same things no matter if they began at high or low level.

It's illogical for them to begin at any level other than one.

Deleted
    As long as we get a new race, I'll be happy. Otherwise the questing better be good :P

Deleted
    If it's so quick anyways that it doesn't matter, then there's no problem in beginning at level one is there? If Demon Hunters had their own area, they would fight the same things no matter if they began at high or low level.

It's illogical for them to begin at any level other than one.
    I think it would eat away little bit the feeling that they should be a hero class.

Deleted
    not really. a weak paladin won't be sent to kill the lich king, he'll be going after thieves and gnolls until he's strong enough to fight against the scourge.

a smart warlock won't try to contract a demon he can't beat. the vanilla quests explained it well. you had to wait until you were strong enough, gather the reagents, summon a demon, beat it up to a pulp and than make the contract. that's why you only get the succubus at lvl 20, for instance.

now, the problem with demon hunters is that the demon hunting training itself is too heavy and self harming. the training, not the practical combat. if you aren't strong already before you start it, you can't finish it.

if they bake it into warlocks, they could just say that "you learn to be a warlock until you are strong enough, than you take the rites to be a demon hunter", but if they make it it's own class, than it'll need to be a hero class.
    I still disagree that they would have to begin at any level higher than one though. Level doesn't necessarily even show your strength, it doesn't exist lore wise. There is no difference between a level five bandit, and a level 100 bandit, if the character is of the same level. A Demon Hunter could easily start out at level one, and still be one of the survivors of the training.

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 04:01 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    I think it would eat away little bit the feeling that they should be a hero class.
    So don't introduce it as a hero class?
    Last edited by mmoce2fa46bcbe; 2013-04-28 at 01:59 PM.