Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by GoldenEnergy View Post
    First and most importantly this is for a gaming pc, which the OP clearly states several times. He won't need 200GB space for programs and games weekly. Games don't benefit much from SSDs, sometimes loadtimes are faster, but you don't gain performance or anything. Secondly games are somewhat big and the space is kind of wasted for games, considering they are getting bigger and easily scratch the 30gb mark right now.
    You're ignoring the quality of life improvement games get from being on SSD, it's not always about raw FPS. When you spend so much money on a gaming computer, having the games on SSD will make bigger difference than any other upgrade once you're at about $1500 price point.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by solfan01 View Post
    Alright, gonna read some reviews on the Asrock Z77 Pro4 then I will come here and tell you my thoughts

At Microcenter both (the i5 3570k and the ASRock) is gonna cost me 255$, cheap shit

which I might replace in the future with a Haswel processor
    Believe me you won't need haswell. Haswell is just a 5-10% increase over Ivy Bridge. Intel focuses more on the iGPU performance at the moment and power draw etc. Nothing important for gaming. If you have an Ivy bridge and 50 fps in crysis 3 you are probably still going to have 50 fps with a haswell cpu.(maybe 51)

Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    You're ignoring the quality of life improvement games get from being on SSD, it's not always about raw FPS. When you spend so much money on a gaming computer, having the games on SSD will make bigger difference than any other upgrade once you're at about $1500 price point.
    I don't know dude. I played crysis 3 and Tomb raider on my SSD and after I finished it I put it on my 5 year old 5400rpm HDD and played it again. I could not notice any difference.
    Maybe when SSD prices drop further and 1TB becomes affordable.

I don't know dude. I played crysis 3 and Tomb raider on my SSD and after I finished it I put it on my 5 year old 5400rpm HDD and played it again. I could not notice any difference.
    Try WoW with 50+ addons... Difference is 10 seconds vs full minute when logging in. You'll save 10 minutes of looking at loading screens during heavy wipenight when raiding.
    Never going to log into this garbage forum again as long as calling obvious troll obvious troll is the easiest way to get banned.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vesseblah View Post
    Try WoW with 50+ addons... Difference is 10 seconds vs full minute when logging in. You'll save 10 minutes of looking at loading screens during heavy wipenight when raiding.
    Yeah blizzard games. Thus why I mentioned I put it on my SSD and not my HDD.

Deleted
    Golden, at Microcenter ASRock 4 is just 15$ cheaper than 6.
    I read some reviews saying the Extreme 4 is smaller than the rest of ATX mobos, so it may cause` some problems on the case.

but what`s the difference between then, I mean, afterall it`s just 15% more...

I read some reviews saying the Extreme 4 is smaller than the rest of ATX mobos, so it may cause` some problems on the case.
    Board being smaller (it's inch thinner from back panel connectors to SATA ports) is never a problem with cases, it's totally the opposite. You can push cables through the rubber grommets easier with thinner board since there's more room between the hole and the edge of the motherboard. I guess some might see it being less tidy for cable management, but I don't.

One more x4 speed PCIe port for running third graphics card in 8/8/4 speed tri Crossfire/SLI mode. Extreme4 can only do 8/8 mode with two cards. Also E6 has mini PCI-express connector used mostly for SSD drives and WiFi cards. If you want to run three graphics cards you won't take either of these boards but go for x79 instead so it's moot point.
    Trolling should be.

Deleted
    Golden, at Microcenter ASRock 4 is just 15$ cheaper than 6.

Well of course you can buy whatever you want. But remember there is always something that is just 15% more expensive. At the end of the day you buy a 3960X Quad Titan system.
    If you have serious doubts buy what you think is right, but don't forget I don't know you and I don't want to sell you anything. I have no reason to lie.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just to clarify things.

1) Faster RAM Speed and lower CL rating provide next to no benefit in gaming
    2) the 840 Pro provides almost no gaming/system benefit over the 840
    3) Some people run out of space with 120gb. I'm sitting at 200gb on games alone. Also, technically, a 250gb will literally live longer than a 120gb, but both will outlast replacement lifetime anyway.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 01:03 PM ----------

You mistake what an SSD functions well for. It has little benefit for FPS games. Few characters running around. All graphics heavy. The only thing an SSD would help is loading time, which for Crysis is few. You may also have it set up incorrectly.

I won't ever get a system without an SSD. The difference is astounding.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    Sorry wanted to say its 15$ more expensive, then 15% XD...

135$ Extreme4 and 150$ Extreme6..doesnt it bring any increse in perfomance?

Asus p8z77-V has lots of stuff, which I dont know the meaning, are they any useful?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    You mistake what an SSD functions well for. It has little benefit for FPS games. Few characters running around. All graphics heavy. The only thing an SSD would help is loading time, which for Crysis is few. You may also have it set up incorrectly.

I won't ever get a system without an SSD. The difference is astounding.
    You are very funny ^^

135$ Extreme4 and 150$ Extreme6..doesnt it bring any increse in perfomance?
    I gave you exact answer in post #26. If you didn't understand it, that means you don't need the extras in the more expensive board.

Asus p8z77-V has lots of stuff, which I dont know the meaning, are they any useful?
    ASRock's biggest drawback is weaker overclockability when you start getting closer to the maximum your chip can do. You'll get zero performance increase out of the box with more expensive board, only if you try to overclock to the absolute maximum.
    Trolling should be.

10+ Year Old Account
    You are very funny ^^
    I take it you don't agree, but don't have the desire or actual backing to follow up.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Deleted
    I take it you don't agree, but don't have the desire or actual backing to follow up.
    just needed to laugh at your "You may also have it set up incorrectly". Sounded like a person on a phone trying to calm you down when you have problems with your internet provider. To be clear everything is perfectly set up and my benchmarks with my SSD are well in line with other benchmarks with that SSD of the same type. I have neither had any problems with it or any damages.

I know a SSD makes a world of difference, but it seems that you did not follow the conversation of the whole thread. Sounds like you just picked a few posts and anwesered (probably with good intentions).

10+ Year Old Account
    I read the thread. You simply posted that your SSD didn't make a big difference on a couple games, where it wouldn't make a big difference on, indicating you somehow thought it was not worth it because of that.

Deleted
    I read the thread. You simply posted that your SSD didn't make a big difference on a couple games, where it wouldn't make a big difference on, indicating you somehow thought it was not worth it because of that.
    Excatly. It is better to take a 120gb SSD and invenst the money you saved by not buying a 250Gb into something like a better graphic cards or money for your next upgrade.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm utterly confused, then. Unless you're implying "Install FPS games on the HDD" which is still kinda silly. The Samsung 840 250gb is getting to the $150 price mark. A lot of people have been running out of space on their 120s. There's no 'debate' here. He either has room for it, or not.