Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    Clever use of game mechanics.

Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    I've just seen some for $800. Which would be about £520 for me. Quite sad that people do that really. It's just exploitation.
    Someone can put them up for $10,000... doesn't mean they sell. If you look at completed listings, the ones selling are in the $300-$325 range. Almost 100% markup but not the $800 you mentioned.

I've just seen some for $800. Which would be about £520 for me. Quite sad that people do that really. It's just exploitation.
    It's exploitation when people do it but normal business practice when corporations do it?

lol, this is capitalism 101.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

10+ Year Old Account
    Oh, these were selling alright. It was a listing of 4 separate tickets. 1 had already been sold when I looked.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 07:46 PM ----------

What the balls does that have to do with anything?

Blizzard are selling them at $175 each. Once they are gone, they are gone. They don't hold any back to sell at higher prices later on.
    People on eBay are buying them at Blizzard's price and selling them at such sky rocketed prices. What is that? Like a 400% rise in price?

Who mentioned anything about corporations? This is individual people exploiting individual people. Not giant conglomerates exploiting the masses.
    Agreed.. I actually feel like I'm playing the game when trying to buy a ticket... getting fucked over every which-way...

Got my ticket im happy its all about that refreshing skill

While this won't make anyone who did not get a ticket happy, this is why Blizzard should and does continue to do it this way from a policy point of view:

http:/ /ww w.economist.com/node/21559937

They are fine selling it at that price and will let the free market handle all the nitty gritty of ensuring those who want to go most actually get to go. (Want to go most does directly translate into dollars, reasonably).

Further, a lottery system would not necessarily improve anything. It would just improve the RANDOMNESS of the distribution, not the quality of it. It would lead to the same result.

175euro plus the travel cost and stay in hotel 3000euro

sold out i n 30 min? last year they sold out in less than 5 min?

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Yeah I'm sure WoW is dying, Blizzard will break down and people just don't wanna go to Blizzcon as much as previous years.

...Now I remembered that there WAS no Blizzcon 2012...So yeah, ? indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Mazaxist View Post
    Technically it was 30 min, but in reality it was a few seconds, just took time to get through the queue.

hey omg, advertise Dreamhack Open already !

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bf, me, + 2 friends are going! Yeah, we could have sold the extra tickets, but we prefer the company of friends. I am very excited and look forward to the experience. I've never been to one before.

Sold out in 30mins ahah the game is realy dying

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    More like sold out in 1 second.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    How did you not get tickets if you were 1000th in queue? People who were 3000 in queue got tickets on both days.

They sold out when I was under 1000th in que. LTR

Quote Originally Posted by Daara View Post
    Be sure to set the amount you want to buy before clicking checkout. You cannot switch your amount once you hit checkout this year.
    As it has never been changed since 2009 (the first year of the queue system...take that failbot of '08!!) you have been absolutely able to change the quantity of tickets at Checkout. The pull down menu has been and always will be a trap.

Once you are at the checkout screen, pay attention to the yellow box area with your cart, ticket quantity, etc info. Immediately below that is a "Change Quantities" option which you click on, are able to input the quantity you want and then an "Update" button. You must hit the update button for your cart to register the change. Once it does, there you have it.

The queue system has always been about HOW QUICK you can GET INTO the ticket queue, NOT about how quick with how every many tickets you get into the queue you are. Is it the perfect system? Probably not, but if you want to argue about how effed up of a system it is and how patently unfair it is, I submit as evidence in support of my argument..... the 2008 Blizzcon ticket sale process:

http://wow.joystiq.com/2008/08/13/ho...ket-situation/.... It could've been this......every damn year.
    Last edited by Ilamuku; 2013-04-28 at 01:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tarx View Post
    Except it was less than one second before all tickets were reserved for people in the queue.

It was thirty minutes for those ~5000 some people to get through the queue and check out. Not thirty minutes for those tickets to be claimed. They were claimed instantaneously. Stop grasping for straws.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    I believe he was expressing sarcasm over the internet.

Quote Originally Posted by kidsafe View Post
    I believe he was expressing sarcasm over the internet.
    I thought there was no sarcasm on the internet? Like no delays at Kennedy?