Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
LastLast
  1. #41
    I get yelled at for pointing out ppl afking or doing like 10k dps on bosses, why am i the bad guy in this scenario.
    And i keep seeing ilvl 500+ people afking, and when i call em out on it they become super defensive, its sad.
    At least when i tank im like. kick the leechers or im out, most of the times they get kicked :>
    I put the laughter in manslaughter
    Blood DK problems: to many ppl at daily place, cant pull 8packs *cries*
    BF3>CoD Cola>Pepsi PC>Mac Xbox>PS3

  2. #42
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Then enjoy constant LFR head aches till the end of the game.

    People got what they asked for and it's a pile of shit.
    Sure, but back in 4.3 they could chain run the 3 5-mans, get 378 gear, then do LFR, and then start another alt because that's what they could do.
    While I am not a fan of not having a catch-up system, instant catch-up is not the best for a lot of people.

    I think that they need to get 5.0 VP items moved to JP and/or their rep removed in 5.4, otherwise it will take way too long.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

  3. #43
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I get yelled at for pointing out ppl afking or doing like 10k dps on bosses, why am i the bad guy in this scenario.
    And i keep seeing ilvl 500+ people afking, and when i call em out on it they become super defensive, its sad.
    At least when i tank im like. kick the leechers or im out, most of the times they get kicked :>

    Depends on how you do it. Being unfriendly and condenscending or a prat or having an attitude will basically affect everyone negatively. If you give off an aura of disapproval in what you write, bordering to unfriendliness, everyone will feel that even if it's only aimed at the AFK guy - the atmosphere will change, it's just not desirable, that's why people come down on you and not the AFK guy.

    Just point it out in a neutral way and leave it at that. "Superdruidxxboy has been afk since start" and leave it at that, don't engage in discussion, just, that's it, you state how it is and that's that. Initiate a kick if you so desire and see if other people can be bothered to kick him too (which is usually the case).

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    You can't get through an LFR encounter with half the DPS team doing autoattacks.

    So, what you're engaging in here is a literary device called "hyperbole."

    Hyperbole is the literary equivalent of being AFK, by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    You really need to learn how to exaggerate more.
    Yes you can. Actually correct device used here is "understatement". You can get through LFR with 4/5 of your team doing 0 DPS lying drooling on the floor after first Durumu's disintegration beam. Yes, I've participated in such kills.

  5. #45
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Then enjoy constant LFR head aches till the end of the game.

    People got what they asked for and it's a pile of shit.
    These things happened in LFR even when 4.3 was current, WITH the catch-up feature you mentioned.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  6. #46
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    Sure, but back in 4.3 they could chain run the 3 5-mans, get 378 gear, then do LFR, and then start another alt because that's what they could do.
    While I am not a fan of not having a catch-up system, instant catch-up is not the best for a lot of people.

    I think that they need to get 5.0 VP items moved to JP and/or their rep removed in 5.4, otherwise it will take way too long.
    ToT is not a raid tuned for 489 gear. You will still need to run LFR to catch up. It's not instant and it's not fast enough either. It's still to fucking slow.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 01:19 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    These things happened in LFR even when 4.3 was current, WITH the catch-up feature you mentioned.
    No not really. Of course I had the choice to opt out of the thing and catch up with quick and easy painless dungeons and the gear I could buy from them. Not so much anymore.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  7. #47
    I don't know why they don't just disable /follow in LFR like they did in BGs. What complaint could people have besides "but now I can't AFK!" LFR =/= low lvl dungeons, where multiboxers can /follow and the group will be ok.

  8. #48
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    ToT is not a raid tuned for 489 gear. You will still need to run LFR to catch up. It's not instant and it's not fast enough either. It's still to fucking slow.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 01:19 AM ----------



    No not really. Of course I had the choice to opt out of the thing and catch up with quick and easy painless dungeons and the gear I could buy from them. Not so much anymore.
    Yes, there was still bads and plenty of wiping, with the 4.3 horrible catch up implemented.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  9. #49
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Yes, there was still bads and plenty of wiping, with the 4.3 horrible catch up implemented.
    And I didn't need to deal with a single fucking one of them when I bought raid level gear from instant catch up. Enjoy reaping what you've sown.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  10. #50
    LFR is designed for people like that.

    Fortunately my ilvl is over 500 months ago so I don't have to worry about LFR shit. I don't do alts anymore but hey
    Last edited by PrairieChicken; 2013-04-30 at 03:31 AM.

  11. #51
    The Lightbringer judgementofantonidas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    East Coast USA
    Posts
    3,400
    Quote Originally Posted by Frolk View Post
    I get yelled at for pointing out ppl afking or doing like 10k dps on bosses, why am i the bad guy in this scenario.
    And i keep seeing ilvl 500+ people afking, and when i call em out on it they become super defensive, its sad.
    At least when i tank im like. kick the leechers or im out, most of the times they get kicked :>
    if there are enough baddies in the group you will find yourself the one kicked. saddly the current mentality with dps is that there are 2 tanks and 16 of them so you are easily replaced.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-30 at 11:13 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    Yes you can. Actually correct device used here is "understatement". You can get through LFR with 4/5 of your team doing 0 DPS lying drooling on the floor after first Durumu's disintegration beam. Yes, I've participated in such kills.

    Same. My first Durumo raid finder kill consisted of myself as tank and a couple healers and one dps standing and killing him after the first maze.


    Lawful good does not always mean Lawful nice

  12. #52
    Pandaren Monk Stommped's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Chicago, Illinois
    Posts
    1,789
    The most frustrating thing about LFR at the moment is being completely unable to get a fresh group for the last section.

  13. #53
    They need to level Lei Shen's pillars automatically in LFR.

  14. #54
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    And I didn't need to deal with a single fucking one of them when I bought raid level gear from instant catch up. Enjoy reaping what you've sown.
    What exactly have I sown?
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  15. #55
    Over 9000! Glorious Leader's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Location
    In my bunker leading uprisings
    Posts
    9,407
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    What exactly have I sown?
    Shitty lfr as a catch up mechanic. Instant catch up was to good and you all whined about how much it left with little to do (even though their was a ton of crap left for you) and making gearing harder again was supposed to save this fucking game. You all wanted tiered raiding back. You got it. It's called LFR assholes. Enjoy.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

  16. #56
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Shitty lfr as a catch up mechanic. Instant catch up was to good and you all whined about how much it left with little to do (even though their was a ton of crap left for you) and making gearing harder again was supposed to save this fucking game. You all wanted tiered raiding back. You got it. It's called LFR assholes. Enjoy.
    You actually don't know what I whined about lmao. Instant or quicck catch ups shouldn't be in the game as far as I'm concerned. You should have to actually play your character to get end game.

    And no, LFR is a difficulty, and isn't purely a tiered raiding feature. Tiered raiding existed before LFR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  17. #57
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Shitty lfr as a catch up mechanic. Instant catch up was to good and you all whined about how much it left with little to do (even though their was a ton of crap left for you) and making gearing harder again was supposed to save this fucking game. You all wanted tiered raiding back. You got it. It's called LFR assholes. Enjoy.
    I loved BC tiered raiding, so MoP is already miles ahead of Cata.

  18. #58
    to all elitists, dont worry, soon the heroic scenarios will come out and there will no longer be any reason to do lfr.
    just hold on and soon we can laugh knowing that lfr grps will wipe cuz no1 is carrying them anymore

  19. #59
    I am Murloc! Lemonpartyfan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Ironforge
    Posts
    5,701
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrel View Post
    to all elitists, dont worry, soon the heroic scenarios will come out and there will no longer be any reason to do lfr.
    just hold on and soon we can laugh knowing that lfr grps will wipe cuz no1 is carrying them anymore
    Until they nerf those, because everyone should be able to easily complete anything in this game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Horizon View Post
    Stupid! New things are always much better then the old things...
    New Star wars > old Star wars (crappy special effects anyone lol!)
    Justine Beiber > the beatles (shitty copycats music lol!)
    Twilligt > dracula, do I even need to comment loooool
    yea its probably nostalgia

  20. #60
    The Lightbringer
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Silvermoon City
    Posts
    3,623
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemonpartyfan View Post
    Until they nerf those, because everyone should be able to easily complete anything in this game.
    Which is why they nerfed challenge modes... oh wait.

    BC/LK raider ('07-'10)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •