Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    When I do LFR I turn off instance chat and my damage meter and just play as best I can as if it was normal/heroic. When you just try to pretend you're in a real raid and stop giving a shit about who is AFK, or autoattacking, or calling eachother names in chat, suddenly LFR becomes a lot more enjoyable.

I've never heard of anything like this happening, ever.
    Whenever there are AFK, someone inevitably says "boot the AFK" and it goes off without a hitch.
    That goes double for people who queue as heals and then dps.
    Yeah, when people in LFR aren't making any effort to do their jobs, it wastes my time and I have no qualms about initiating a kick. That being said, just doing a job poorly usually isn't enough for me to worry about, so long as bosses die.

Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Sorry but i had to make one after the latest LFR runs.

Yesterday and today pretty much out of the 4 ToT runs on the 3 i had to argue with people defending AFKers, i mean clear AFKers with the tag right there, not even being there when you try to kick them and you get these responses from OTHER PEOPLE, NOT EVEN THEM:

All these 'had to's? Does someone hold a gun to your head or were you awarded LFR monitor by Blizz? Maybe get on with your role rather than giving yourself an early heart attack worrying about other people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by potis View Post
    Sorry but i had to make one after the latest LFR runs.

This mentality is freaking amazing.
    While I can empathize with your problem, there are 2 easier and quicker solutions...

1. YOU can leave.
    2. YOU can leave and gather up 9/24 of your best friends and go do it yourself.

Attempting to verbally abuse them into performing rightly earns you scorn. Positive motivation works far better, if you are unfamiliar with it, check into it.

--- Want any of my Constitutional rights?, ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
    I come from a time and a place where I judge people by the content of their character; I don't give a damn if you are tall or short; gay or straight; Jew or Gentile; White, Black, Brown or Green; Conservative or Liberal. -- Note to mods: if you are going to infract me have the decency to post the reason, and expect to hold everyone else to the same standard.

Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    When I do LFR I turn off instance chat and my damage meter and just play as best I can as if it was normal/heroic. When you just try to pretend you're in a real raid and stop giving a shit about who is AFK, or autoattacking, or calling eachother names in chat, suddenly LFR becomes a lot more enjoyable.
    You pretend you're in a real raid by cutting off any and all communication to the people you're playing with?
    I'm assuming you've never been in a raid so I'm just here to say "you're doing it wrong."

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    If we wipe like a bunch of jackasses, I do sort of mind it when people AFK in the raid. If we don't wipe, I don't give a flying fuck what ANYONE was doing, because it worked.

But what I really mind is people who take it upon themselves to be "Leader of the Raid," like OP.

OP needs to understand that there is a time and place for whipping everyone into shape, and LFR is almost always never that place. It's not the people who are slacking who are pissed off when someone starts posting recounts and calling out players. It's the REST OF US who are just trying to have a relaxing, drama-free LFR who hate you fuckers who start picking out the "slackers" and "AFKers" and whatnot and invariably PICK THE WRONG PEOPLE (because you can't read recount because you're so excited to be able to single out underperformers that you forget you're a nearsighted dyslexic idiot who has to read a column twice). What pisses me off is people with an attitude, probably like OP.

Honestly if OP wants to bring that attitude to LFR I would prefer he played a different MMO instead.
    I really have to agree. Before anyone says I'm crap or afk myself, I'm actually not, I'm always topping the meters by a very large margin simply because of my gear, which will be twice any random LFR'er, and I rarely afk unless to get something to drink. But what pisses me off the most in LFR, it's not the AFKers. I recognize the desire to AFK because LFR IS mindnumbing, especially for healers (doesn't mean I respect it though, but yeah). When I heal LFR I feel like uninstalling WoW because it's so incredibly boring. I also don't care about underperformers, because well, they either don't care so whatever I say won't be heard, or they're already doing their best in their own way. Besides, 99% of LFR is underperforming, some just are more than others. That's how it is, so even if you kick them you never know what you'll get back and it may be even worse.

Most people just want a drama-free LFR experience. If anyone like you would show up in "my" LFR I'd initiate the vote to kick YOU (and likely get it passed too), because you'd create an atmosphere of stress and pressure and honestly nobody needs, cares, or want to have that in LFR. Having an attitude like OP is incredibly disrupting and annoying and it's got nothing to do with defending AFKers. I'd rather have 10 AFKers than 1 dude who, as quoted says, takes it upon himself to "lead" in any form or way and make the whole experience even more annoying. There's NP if someone says "kick the afk", that's usually what happens and that's that, of course. Which is clearly not what was happening here.

So yes. I hope that clarifies something. Realizing this may sound boastful, but usually when I'm in LFR, I have some guildies with me and the boss will usually die no matter how many retards, underperformers and AFKers there are. Which is all I care about - getting LFR finished, having some fun with guildies on TS while we do it, and not having some random in LFR start calling out people and make the whole experience undesirable.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 05:47 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    You pretend you're in a real raid by cutting off any and all communication to the people you're playing with?
    I'm assuming you've never been in a raid so I'm just here to say "you're doing it wrong."
    I think he meant that a normal raid doesn't have the crap that goes on in LFR, the amount of bullshit and flaming that can happen in raidchat. Disabling that may create the illusion of not being in LFR but being in a normal raid.
    Last edited by Cirque; 2013-04-29 at 03:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by taurenguard View Post
    Well as a tank myself i can pretty much kick all those idiots when i want to ppl always listen to the tanks or else i might aswell leave and then they would waste another 10min waiting for a new tank and nobody wants that right?
    I think I've never had to wait more than a minute for a new tank, possibly every now and again.

Normally when I queue as tank, expect a wait time of 20-30 minutes, it's worse than DPS.
    Kiea from Solidarity EU, Tarren Mill.
    Stream (Thursday 21:00 | Sunday 19:45 | Monday 19:45).

Deleted
    Is it really that worse in your realmgroup? We barely have AFK people, and when they are afk they get kicked fast

Quote Originally Posted by HardCoder View Post
    Oh I do really appreciate when a tank joins and matter of factly posts a couple of lines of "how to" and does a ready check and pulls the boss. That is the ideal thing for a new LFR boss.

I'm just not into the finger-pointing at "people who aren't as awesome as me" because for one thing it's irritating and for another, the people who do it are often wrong, or are lying and deliberately trolling.

LFR can be enjoyable and so far in MoP it has been better than it was in Cata. People need to understand that what you go to LFR for is a relaxed but successful experience, and a lack of drama.

---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 11:13 PM ----------

Just be happy you picked that spec, and didn't pull too much extra trash.
    If people wouldn't AFK, there wouldn't be a problem. If people like you just looked and kicked the people that WERE AFKing, then there would be no drama. Its as simple as that. Blame the people doing wrong, not the people that expect them to pull their own weight.

---------- Post added 2013-04-29 at 03:35 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Seranthor View Post
    While I can empathize with your problem, there are 2 easier and quicker solutions...

1. YOU can leave.
    2. YOU can leave and gather up 9/24 of your best friends and go do it yourself.

Attempting to verbally abuse them into performing rightly earns you scorn. Positive motivation works far better, if you are unfamiliar with it, check into it.
    I don't think saying something like "kick the afkers or people doing 10k dps" is verbal abuse.

Brewmaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I have to say I am really shocked by the reactions in this post.
    I agree with the OP and really don't understand why people defend AFK'ers and even Vote to Kick the people who point em out.
    AFK'ing and letting the other 20 people do the job is really not the attitude we want players to have in LFR and WOW in general.
    If the OP or any other player who is obviously just doing his/her best to make the run work point them out you should not get mad @ the OP but agree with him and get those a-social afkers out. What would happen if everyone was AFK and every LFR you tried to join didn't get a single boss down simple because people wait for someone to boost em?

I know there are a lot of people AFKing out there in LFR and they should realise they are just ruining others people game.
    But I'm more shocked that people in LFR and in this post are actually defending them and are aiming their arrows @ the people who actually do their best. Grow up and learn to play a game. It's a game we play together, not just you alone.

Deleted
    I got zero problems with people underperforming.
    LFR is,after all,lowest of the lowest about "raiding",entry point for any kind of learning process so I dont expect a high performance.
    Sometimes I see people in BGs/LFR yelling at others "You should L2P/Gear up before queuing!!!" wich makes me wonder:"Where the hill should they learn if this is the entry point??".

But underperforming gots nothing to do with lack of respect for the other 24 people who joined with you.

YOU ARE NOT PLAYING ALONE.

Eveyone need to understand that simple concept,I dont expect you to be 7/13 HC i expect you to respect me.

So if you are focused,pay attention and actually play i dont care you do 30k dps on 490 ilvl but...

1.You are AFK.You get kicked.
    2.You queue as healer/tank with dps spec/gear.You get kicked(yeah I would like shorter queues too ...).
    3.You refuse to apply the tactic the majority agrees with(wether right or wrong).You get kicked.

It got nothing to do with performance.The same way you know you shouldnt start farting or smoking on a public bus theres a minimal rules of behavior whenever you are playing with others.

Respect me and i will respect you.Simple as that.

Quote Originally Posted by HeedmySpeed View Post
    I've been raiding since Vanilla, thanks for assuming though. You know the saying, makes an ass out of you and me. And yes, communication is an important part of raiding, when it's difficult. I'm pretty sure my normal mode group could do most of ToT without anyone saying a word at this point, although that would be less fun of course.

Anyway, when I say "pretend" it's normal, obviously I meant in every other way. I play my best, perform my class role to the best of my ability, and don't do anything to make it more difficult to other players.

Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    If LFR's aren't going well, there does need to be a reasonable person that speaks up and takes charge of things. HOW that's done, of course, will determine your success in the venture, but nevertheless it needs to happen. But I do agree, posting recount and 'player died to ______' isn't always that helpful.

As one of the two tanks, near the top of the damage done and heal charts I normally try to be the reasonable voice. If I am kicked for it the group really does not deserve an experienced raider carrying the group.

What is really bad is when you get in a world boss kill full of players from your server that act like it is an LFR. Did Galleon yesterday. Not because I need anything from him, just to be helpful to others. Three wipes later which the healers dropped me many times each pull after allowing themselves to be stunned on every single stomp we finally killed him.

the only player pulling over 15k hps was me the tank at 30k hps and also the top damage dealer.

so yes it can be frustrating to play with others who are either unwilling to put in the effort or just plain unknowledgeable as to how.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

NOT kicking the AFK freeloaders just encourages more AFK freeloading... As a tank, I don't get to do that. I don't really care if there's just a bad player in there, but queuing as DPS, but rollin' in your tank gear and spec so you can "learn the fight for when I have to tank it" is pretty much bullshit. And IF you were going to do that, even a bad tank can pull better than 15K DPS. No one should expect more than 1 or 2 super stars in LFR, but come on guys... The amount of defenders in this thread who suggest that they would kick anyone who suggested kicking the AFK morons is almost more shocking than the amount of AFK morons.

Yes, I agree that drama free is the best version of LFR, but so is actually killing the bosses. Lei Shen in LFR is a nightmare for tanks, especially when only 1 of them even knows what to do. I usually just solo tank it and tell the other tank to just be there in case I call for a taunt. I always lead well and even when I don't have any idea how the fight is supposed to go, I prefer to down the boss so I can move on, and when there's an especially bad player, I will quietly initiate a vkick so we can improve our odds. There is NOTHING wrong with calling out the obviously AFK jerks. YES, LFR is easy and can be done with a handful of AFK morons, but WHY is it OK for them to do it? If they don't feel like they have to earn their gear, why should we be complicit in it when most of us are trying?
    I can teach you how to play, but I can't fix stupid.

in MSV or ToeS i am not trying very hard. ye i do some dps but i can do better.
    sometimes i am doing SB spam cuz i am just pressing 1 and not paying attension.

but in ToT im trying harder cuz it is pretty new still. even following tacs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Easy solution to any and all lfr woes.

Bring back dungeons with catch up (i.e 502 or 522 gear).

Was much better than queing for lei shen 10 times a week because groups can't clear it, people afk, and/or Blizzard doesn't want to give you the option of having a full one or even seeing what boss the lfr is on.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glorious Leader View Post
    Easy solution to any and all lfr woes.

Bring back dungeons with catch up (i.e 502 or 522 gear).
    I think after 4.3 they will never implement this.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

It is the current environment of WoW. High reward, low work and few consequences. You will never play with that group again so why try right? The only way to make a change is to continue to enforce a group mentality that AFKers and slackers will not be carried. This does not mean new players, in-experienced players or those with little time.

Just keep kicking ppl and they will eventually learn. It just takes a long time since they will usually que again and afk again. It will take multiple kicks for them to decide that 45 min of trying is better than 3-5 reques (if they get kicked after every boss).

My favorite are the ones that purposefully die at the start of the fight so they can afk while others do the work.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    I think after 4.3 they will never implement this.
    Then enjoy constant LFR head aches till the end of the game.

People got what they asked for and it's a pile of shit.
    The hammer comes down:
    Quote Originally Posted by Osmeric View Post
    Normal should be reduced in difficulty. Heroic should be reduced in difficulty.
    And the tiny fraction for whom heroic raids are currently well tuned? Too bad,so sad! With the arterial bleed of subs the fastest it's ever been, the vanity development that gives you guys your own content is no longer supportable.

15+ Year Old Account
    I get yelled at for pointing out ppl afking or doing like 10k dps on bosses, why am i the bad guy in this scenario.
    And i keep seeing ilvl 500+ people afking, and when i call em out on it they become super defensive, its sad.
    At least when i tank im like. kick the leechers or im out, most of the times they get kicked :>
    PROUD TRUMP SUPPORTER, #2024Trump #MAGA
    PROUD TRUMP CAMPAIGN SUPPORTER #SaveEuropeWithTrump
    PROUD SUPPORTER OF THE WALL
    BLUE LIVES MATTER
    NO TO ALL GUNCONTROL OR BACKGROUND CHECKS IN EUROPE
    /s