Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ...
9
10
11
12
13
... LastLast
  1. #201
    Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    I'm not saying Thrall should or shouldn't die. But having a dead father would be just one parallel between Thrall's story and his son's story. That is far from 'nearly matches' considering that the child would have his mother, and that he'd be growing up with his own people, knowing who his parents are. Unless he gets kidnapped and raised as a slave by the Alliance his story will most certainly not match Thrall's.
    I think most people would rather see Aggra die after the shit she pulled in Cataclysm.

  2. #202
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I think most people would rather see Aggra die after the shit she pulled in Cataclysm.
    What? You mean being a shaman of the Earthen Ring and helping in the fight to save Azeroth? Huh. Yeah I hated that too....


    .....



    .....

  3. #203
    I am Murloc! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    5,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Hardstyler01 View Post
    I think most people would rather see Aggra die after the shit she pulled in Cataclysm.
    No, no, NO. Can you imagine her ghost haunting us ? " Its meeeeeeee, Aggraaaaaaa don't youuuuu remeeeembeeeer meeeeee ?". She can't die from that reason alone. She must be imprisoned in titanic prison, like yogg saron.

  4. #204
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    No, no, NO. Can you imagine her ghost haunting us ? " Its meeeeeeee, Aggraaaaaaa don't youuuuu remeeeembeeeer meeeeee ?". She can't die from that reason alone. She must be imprisoned in titanic prison, like yogg saron.
    Patch 5.5555 *The secrets of Aggrulduar* Cutscene is Brann Bronze beard running away scared but from what!?

  5. #205
    I am Murloc! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    5,653
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    Patch 5.5555 *The secrets of Aggrulduar* Cutscene is Brann Bronze beard running away scared but from what!?
    Obviously he was chased by aggra's most fanatical followers called "Go'elless ones"

  6. #206
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Obviously he was chased by aggra's most fanatical followers called "Go'elless ones"
    XDDDDD I have an image of faceless ones wearing thralls robes all saying "Thralls balls we're everywhere"

  7. #207
    After the misjudged Cata quest-line, I'm afraid I no longer find Thrall very en-thralling.

  8. #208
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,766
    Quote Originally Posted by rainiothon View Post
    After the misjudged Cata quest-line, I'm afraid I no longer find Thrall very en-thralling.
    hes not that bad
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  9. #209

  10. #210
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Its punishment, but not enough... Oh you lost someone and feel guilty... Well to bad since that doesn't begin to describe the suffering the Alliance had. A whole city who's inhabitants didn't even go to the afterlife, their souls destroyed by the blast. Families who died so Garrosh could get a bit of lumber. Not exactly hard for him to find a source, go to Outland and stay there, that's his and the Orc's home anyway.

    And yes I do condone Jaina's actions, firstly its a fictional roleplay universe so it hardly matters and secondly there is no such thing as an innocent Orc. Alien invaders from another world who when needing resources instead of going back to their homeworld which they could have done they instead try and butcher Night Elves to do it.
    Oh yeah because the Outlands are SO FULL of resources...

    You talk like they had the choice of stay on Azeroth or return to Outland, stop singing this chant, is a false statement. Draenor was nearly a dead planet, expended of all of its resources before the beginning of the First War, and was the very excuse used by Gul'dan for give a motivation to the orcs for invade Azeroth (and the precarious state of Draenor was Gul'dan's fault too) and wasn't able anymore to sustain a high population. And now is even a shattered world. How can you even think that a planet shot to pieces and lost in the Nether have the resources to sustain the WHOLE orc population ?

    About Thrall and Jaina, the first had all the rights to stop the second. Yeah, maybe he was not the BEST person in the world for say to a mana-twisted-mental-unstable Jaina "don't do it", but she had to be stopped, because she would have painfully regret it later. Jaina will later admits that is ashamed of what she tried to do. And you "condone" her actions, while not even Jaina condone herself. Pretty ironic.

    A;though this is part of the bad Blizz writing, they only returned because crappy Blizzard writing made an Alliance Organization neutral in WOTLK.
    Nah, is because the Kirin Tor is a bunch of opportunists (Rhonin the only exception) that needed the help of blood elves mages, regardless of their new allies, for cover their asses against the combined threat of Arthas and Malygos; you know, they were the ones that helped to found Dalaran and lived there before any human in game was born.

    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Thrall literally kamehameha-ing Deathwing at the end of Dragon Soul was the icing on top of the cake for me. What was supposed to be an epic moment/victory turned into a joke. And what was supposed to be a united effort to stop the Destroyer turned into Thrall stealing the spotlight.
    Oh my god, Alliance players have seriously an insane obsession about this matter of the "stolen spotlight". The whole patch 4.3 was about the fact that Deathwing couldn't be destroyed in any way by mortal hands, that the only weapon with the power to end him was the Dragon Soul, and we got it. The Dragon Soul couldn't be picked by any dragon, and so this "honor" fell to Thrall because the Aspects chose him as the best mortal able to at least "fake" the role of the Earth Warder, and he was the only non-dragon of the party...and then ? The mortals fought their way until Deathwing, united against him with the help of the Aspects, and THEY stopped him in the end: Thrall just gave him, with the combined power of the poker-dragon party, the last but decisive blow. Then Alexstrasza says that the "champions that fought on their side ensured the survival of the world", not "Thrall, you badass orc, you saved our asses!".
    I can give you some reason about the fact that Thrall got too much appereances during the expansion, but all this argument about "Thrall stealing spotlights" in the defeat of Deathwing is completely pointless.

    Quote Originally Posted by Auroro View Post
    Because of a bunch of confusions and lack of diplomacy skill, Garrosh order the attack against the NIght Elves causing the pact between the Night Elves and the Horde become void.

    Everything is Garrosh's fault. If he agree to talk to the Night Elves and listen to Baine's shamans. He would not need to attack the Night Elves' kingdom at all.
    Yeah Garrosh doesn't even understand the meaning of the word "diplomacy", but is also true in my opinion that the Night Elves were a bit whimsicals about the "we'll stop your routes for supplies you need for survive because of the events on the Wrathgate", because while it is true that the Forsaken were a responsibility of the Horde, the incident has been a tragedy for both factions, and i don't think i'm wrong to guess that died much more orcs than night elves there.

    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    And the only reason the Alliance is actually pushing through the Southern Barrens, again, is to get to their Allies that are being invaded by Garrosh.
    Still, there was a siege on the gates of Mulgore. Or was something else? I haven't played the Alliance quests there and i'm sincerly curious if the Alliance npcs give some kind of explanation about it, because that thing looked with Horde eyes, seems a tried invasion.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-05 at 05:10 PM.

  11. #211
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,333
    I can give you some reason about the fact that Thrall got too much appereances during the expansion, but all this argument about "Thrall stealing spotlights" in the defeat of Deathwing is completely pointless.
    Not really pointless. You disagree. You're free to.

    Still, there was a siege on the gates of Mulgore. Or was something else? I haven't played the Alliance quests there and i'm sincerly curious if the Alliance npcs give some kind of explanation about it, because that thing looked with Horde eyes, seems a tried invasion.
    Yes, they were. They tried pushing into Mulgore to route the forces to return and defend.

  12. #212
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Not really pointless. You disagree. You're free to.
    Sorry, but it's absolutely pointless, as you just said that "i disagree" without arguing much about what i said. Thrall stealing spotlights, especially regarding the fight with Deathwing, is an argument with no facts to sustain it. If you have the "feeling" that Thrall stole your glory, well, that's your personal feel about it, which, as you say, i completely disagree with, but no problems with that. But the objective facts say that no one is regarding Thrall as the ABSOLUTE and ONLY savior of the world, nor Thrall consider himself so. He was simply a center lore figure about it, because in the end this story needs lore characters to train it, you can't write books or quests all regarding anonymus adventures. Yeah, maybe Thrall was overused. But still, was necessary, especially in the final fight, as Tirion was against the Lich King.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-05 at 06:54 PM.

  13. #213
    Immortal KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    7,333
    Sorry, but it's absolutely pointless, as you just said that "i disagree" without arguing much about what i said.
    I think your premise is wrong. And I have had this argument a million times on MMO-Champion. I don't really care to have it for a million and 1 times. It's that simple brosephiroth.

    My only suggestion would to be avoiding claiming the "objective facts" for a subjective argument except for really rare cases.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-05-05 at 06:58 PM.

  14. #214
    Scarab Lord Kazomir's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Sofia/Bulgaria
    Posts
    4,059
    I want Thrall to be a Sha-corrupted experiment boss in SoO. It's time to kill off this guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by biolink22 View Post
    rogue "glory hole helm"

  15. #215
    Mechagnome Mr. Casual's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Bronx ,NY
    Posts
    568
    Quote Originally Posted by Frizzlewits View Post
    ye gamon! it is time
    lol this^
    10 characters

  16. #216
    Pit Lord Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,348
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    I think your premise is wrong. And I have had this argument a million times on MMO-Champion. I don't really care to have it for a million and 1 times. It's that simple brosephiroth.

    My only suggestion would to be avoiding claiming the "objective facts" for a subjective argument except for really rare cases.
    This is the problem, the only subjective argument is the feeling you have about it, that can be different from person to person. But lorewise nothing hint that Thrall stole glory or visibility, and the "heroes" are always regarded of their help in the important fights, and remains anyway a stretching for give some heroic feel to the players in a story that, before WoW, had only lore figures training this story and anonymus units and soldiers regarded for nothing. As i said, you can have your personal feeling about it, but it is not an argument valid for judge Thrall as a character. There are many others that you can use, with better results.

    And the "objective facts" remains such, until someone doesn't show a different, but still valid and proven point of view on a matter. Until this is not done, the "subjective" is only an excuse for never admit to be wrong. Well, you don't have to do it if you don't want to make a discussion for the "milion 1 time", also because i have the feel that this will not go to anywhere.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-05 at 07:36 PM.

  17. #217
    Banned Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Kazomir View Post
    I want Thrall to be a Sha-corrupted experiment boss in SoO. It's time to kill off this guy.
    Thrall has no negative emotions that the sha would be connected to. Stop using this as an excuse.

    God, this whole bullshit hate against the character is tiresome. Talk about people jumping on the hate-wagon without original thought.

  18. #218
    I am Murloc! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    5,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Thrall has no negative emotions that the sha would be connected to. Stop using this as an excuse.

    God, this whole bullshit hate against the character is tiresome. Talk about people jumping on the hate-wagon without original thought.
    Agree, mary sues are pretty much immune to emotion based abilities. Aside for super friendship spell.

  19. #219
    Banned Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    17,633
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Agree, mary sues are pretty much immune to emotion based abilities. Aside for super friendship spell.
    A question, please tell me. Am I ever going to have a decent conversation with you and you act like you give a dam about the lore?

  20. #220
    I am Murloc! Arrashi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Beautiful city of Duwang
    Posts
    5,653
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    A question, please tell me. Am I ever going to have a decent conversation with you and you act like you give a dam about the lore?
    Well you clearly stated "no negative emotions" thats pretty much a definition of mary sue isnt it ? I mean if he is soooo good that evil forces can't even scratch him then he might be slightly... overpowered ? Badly written ? Boring ?

    I for one really love idea of him getting corrupted and turning to real final boss. Even if he is sinestra style heroic only one.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •