Page 12 of 16 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Well you clearly stated "no negative emotions" thats pretty much a definition of mary sue isnt it ? I mean if he is soooo good that evil forces can't even scratch him then he might be slightly... overpowered ? Badly written ? Boring ?

I for one really love idea of him getting corrupted and turning to real final boss. Even if he is sinestra style heroic only one.
    Answer my question. Are you ever going to have a conversation like you honestly give a dam about the lore?

Also, I find its not even worth repeating what is so obvious to people with a clearer since of perspective, instead you just jump on bandwagon mentality which really just comes off annoying.
    #boycottchina

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Answer my question. Are you ever going to have a conversation like you honestly give a dam about the lore?

Also, I find its not even worth repeating what is so obvious to people with a clearer since of perspective, instead you just jump on bandwagon mentality which really just comes off annoying.
    What lore exactly ? The lore when alternate "thrall-less" dimension is shithole ? The lore when thrall saves the day 3 times a day ? (it rhymes !!!) The lore when he is only mortal to fullfill role of aspect ? The lore when his getting laid after defeating super-threat to all living things ? The lore when he's so important that guy who can paralyze 4 aspects by farting considers him his top-priority target ? (4.2 questline is possibli biggest BS put into game). The lore when he is main focus of HYJAL themed patch trailer ? The lore where he get's cheesiest marriage in history of warcraft ? Or the lore when he's going on suicide mission since he's the only one who can save orc's from garrosh "madness" ? Be more precise please.
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2013-05-05 at 08:48 PM.

Its useless to argue with people who just want to go against status quo for attention. Garrosh is a douche and if he remains warchief, I will just go alliance, nothing garrosh does inspires anything but disgust. It is just a game, but arrogance, bigotry, and oppression is still offensive to me. Garrosh does not have a single redeeming quality, not one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Its useless to argue with people who just want to go against status quo for attention. Garrosh is a douche and if he remains warchief, I will just go alliance, nothing garrosh does inspires anything but disgust. It is just a game, but arrogance, bigotry, and oppression is still offensive to me. Garrosh does not have a single redeeming quality, not one.
    pretty much. Well said.

also you said enough Arrashi. I ask you a question which could have been answered and you ignored it. More so, you sound like a child in your responses and lead me to believe your incapable of having an grown up perspective of the lore, you just jump on whatever bandwagon you think is good.

thanks, /ignored.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by Kantoro View Post
    Because it's obvious that if somebody sees things differently he is clearly an asshole.

If you go to those lenghts to rage about the lore - what was the sentence again? You're joining Alliance? Soulds like you really do. Because if there is any message in the Hordes part of the lore it's to jump ship whenever you feel comfortable.

I don't know, some of the people here just like to take the moral high ground, as if Thrall was an alive freaking person. Well, he is not, and from the story standpoint he is a boring, anime-ized and cheesy character. At least since Cataclysm. And, from my point of view, Garrosh was a great freaking Warchief, rolling the Horde just properly, who got pretty much loreraped by MoP, where he is a bloodthirsty puppy chewer. If one of those characters was to be removed right now, I'm staying on Garroshes side.
    Last edited by Okacz; 2013-05-05 at 09:14 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Thrall has no negative emotions that the sha would be connected to. Stop using this as an excuse.

God, this whole bullshit hate against the character is tiresome. Talk about people jumping on the hate-wagon without original thought.
    Someone even thinks that he will be possessed by the Sha of Pride.

Seriously ?

There is Garrosh and his loyalists that are the BIGGEST CONTAINERS OF PRIDE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD and all that will be affected by the Sha is...Thrall.

People don't even know anymore which kind of excuse to be used for just see this guy erased by the face of the universe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Because it's obvious that if somebody sees things differently he is clearly an asshole.

If you go to those lenghts to rage about the lore - what was the sentence again? You're joining Alliance? Soulds like you really do. Because if there is any message in the Hordes part of the lore it's to jump ship whenever you feel comfortable.

I don't know, some of the people here just like to take the moral high ground, as if Garrosh was an alive freaking person. Well, he is not, and from the story standpoint he is a boring, anime-ized and cheesy character. At least since Cataclysm. And, from my point of view, Garrosh was a great freaking Warchief, rolling the Horde just properly, who got pretty much loreraped by MoP, where he is a bloodthirsty puppy chewer. If one of those characters was to be removed right now, I'm staying on Garroshes side.
    your priorities are kind of mixed up. You say garrosh is a boring, anime-ized and cheesy character, but then say you like him? What are you even basing any of this on, you think the character had more to him and the devs just forgot to add in what you think should be there?

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 10:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Someone even thinks that he will be possessed by the Sha of Pride.

Seriously ?

There is Garrosh and his loyalists that are the BIGGEST CONTAINERS OF PRIDE IN THE ENTIRE WORLD and all that will be affected by the Sha is...Thrall.

People don't even know anymore which kind of excuse to be used for just see this guy erased by the face of the universe.
    Well those people are just ignorant. They don't understand story or characterization, they just take whatevers current and try to twist it.
    #boycottchina

your priorities are kind of mixed up. You say garrosh is a boring, anime-ized and cheesy character, but then say you like him? What are you even basing any of this on, you think the character had more to him and the devs just forgot to add in what you think should be there?

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 10:08 PM ----------

Well those people are just ignorant. They don't understand story or characterization, they just take whatevers current and try to twist it.
    Fuck my life. I meant Thrall.

Hope Garrosh doesn't browse those forums.

10+ Year Old Account
    Fuck my life. I meant Thrall.

Hope Garrosh doesn't browse those forums.
    Please report to nearest kor'kron officer and patiently await your execution. I mean trial.

Oh i was ignored by trassk ? Thank god, and i thought this day can't get any better.

Please report to nearest kor'kron officer and patiently await your execution. I mean trial.

Oh i was ignored by trassk ? Thank god, and i thought this day can't get any better.
    What happens when you are ignored by Trassk? He doesn't see your posts or something? Or maybe you don't see... Oh no, Warchief, I'm sorry, it was just a misspell! I've already corrected it, I meant Thrall! Lok'Tar Ogar, death to the Trolls and death to the livi... <SMASH>

10+ Year Old Account
    What happens when you are ignored by Trassk? He doesn't see your posts or something? Or maybe you don't see... Oh no, Warchief, I'm sorry, it was just a misspell! I've already corrected it, I meant Thrall! Lok'Tar Ogar, death to the Trolls and death to the livi... <SMASH>
    Well the uniwerse is yet to collapse so i guess i will survive without him trying to baptise me into thrallism (this is trademarked btw). That aside i think i can spare you... 100 prayers to garrosh, maggot !!! And don't worry i will be counting !!!

10+ Year Old Account
    yeah I can still see arrashi's posts because of you so honestly if he says something i think is worth beating with a stick theres you to thank for it.
    #boycottchina

Elemental Lord
    10+ Year Old Account
    of course, anyone who dsnt share the same opinions must be people of lesser mental capacities

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 09:51 PM ----------

Because it's obvious that if somebody sees things differently he is clearly an asshole. .
    Think there is a word for that, ethnocentrism.
    Believing that your morals, your culture, your ideals are the best and superior to all others

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 09:53 PM ----------

Thrall has no negative emotions that the sha would be connected to. Stop using this as an excuse. .
    Having no negative emotions makes you a machine not a person

Member those 5.1 ( I think) Elemental bonds quest line?
    Thrall may not express them openly, but he does have doubts, fears, and anger, just as everyone does

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 09:54 PM ----------

Or maybe you don't see... Oh no, Warchief, I'm sorry, it was just a misspell! I've already corrected it, I meant Thrall! Lok'Tar Ogar, death to the Trolls and death to the livi... <SMASH>
    You failed to serve the Horde.....and were promptly smashed beneath it
    Last edited by Dreknar20; 2013-05-05 at 10:06 PM.
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    of course, anyone who dsnt share the same opinions must be people of lesser mental capacities
    Don't sass me bub. I don't care if someone shares my appreciation of something or outright spits on it, what bothers the crap out of me are peoples ignorance that they fail to understand the story or narrative, and just cast it off so dismissively like some uneducated teenager. People that instead of looking at the character for the reasoning, faults, doubts and meaning, just cast off that character as nothing and mock the character, when anyone with an ounce of awareness knows theres more depth to the character then there piss poor fabrication.

Thats nothing to do with shared opinion, protective or objective, its got everything to do with appreciating the characters and knowing theres more depth to them then they are bothering to see.
    #boycottchina

It's actually really funny. He is apparently unable to understand him doing the same thing he yells that everybody else is doing whenever anyone even hints Thrall might not be Jesus.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having no negative emotions makes you a machine not a person

Thrall may not express them openly, but he does have doubts, fears, and anger, just as everyone does[COLOR="red"]
    sigh... I meant Thrall is someone who has conquered his negative emotions, he is someone who literally faced against them and overcame the negative feelings in himself to face his goal.

If there is any character outside of the pandaren who understands what it is to keep your emotions in check, it will be Thrall.

Which is why these retarded statements of the sha of pride overtaking him will not happen.

---------- Post added 2013-05-05 at 11:20 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    It's actually really funny. He is apparently unable to understand him doing the same thing he yells that everybody else is doing whenever anyone even hints Thrall might not be Jesus.
    ah but you see, well mine comes from the basis of feeling pissed off at posters for there ignorance towards the story and characters, and who just jump on bandwagons and don't have the foresight to understand the characters, those who make them are.. well, as I've already said, have no appreciation for the characters and spew any old crap about them and just latch onto whatever the negative crowd is chanting, like a mob.
    #boycottchina

Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Thrall is not jesus. Never was.

The only crime he commited in cata was using the dragon soul as everyone jumped on the bandwagon of hating Thrall because of that. The whole firelands and dragon soul story in all honestly just shoved him too far out front. I would have preferred the other racial leaders (malfurion etc) doing a bit more in this. But those things aside he took on a temp role to use the dragon soul to help defeat deathwing. Nothing more. He had a personal story with aggra which quite frankly is about DAMN time. He had no personal story advancement since forever. Now he is a father has a mate/wife and is in danger of potentially dieing etc.

Trassk might come over rude I get that. I do see where is coming from on some points though. Garry is one of the worst characters in a long time. He went from Emo - to super hyped child warrior man in the pre wrath stuff then into some sort of learning warlord during the short story in wrath. Then when any alliance name is mentioned he is foaming at the mouth. Fast forward to cata and hes invading anywhere in Kalimdoor that he can get his hands on killed off Cairne and generally making an ass out of him self.

Now we have him simply going down the tyrant/monster route. He is consistently inconsistently in his mentality. I cannot wait to loot his head and present it for purples.

As for Thrall, I hope to see more of his story BUT also the other racial leaders stepping it up on horde side as we've seen so far and to continue it. If the story in previous expansions as far as other racial leaders go was handled like this I doubt we'd be having this conversation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Burned Teldrassil, cooking up tasty delicacies with all the elven fat I can gather
    Thrall may not express them openly, but he does have doubts, fears, and anger, just as everyone does[COLOR="red"]
    Not a bad point, but the problem is that Thrall was in a very particular state, was splitted in...Thrallements, each one representing some inner state, but elevated to the sky, when he returned to be a whole person no one of these feelings were never been shown, they were still there ofcourse, but were not that strong, they were just troubling him in his way to become a "proper" shaman of the Earthen Ring. Anyway he cleared much of his doubts in the trial with Aggra in the Shattering, and after Twilight of the Aspects he made some kind of "peace with himself", so i strongly doubt that he can become some kind of easy host for the Sha, until it is not somehow "forced" to be corrupted.

And still think the possession by the Sha of Pride is a VERY weak point, just for say a nice statement.

You failed to serve the Horde.....and were promptly smashed beneath it
    Yeah Garrosh is pretty clear about it, remembered any time i enter Grommash Hold.
    Last edited by Zulkhan; 2013-05-05 at 10:38 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post

As for Thrall, I hope to see more of his story BUT also the other racial leaders stepping it up on horde side as we've seen so far and to continue it. If the story in previous expansions as far as other racial leaders go was handled like this I doubt we'd be having this conversation.
    And thats all I want too. I want Thrall back and with the horde, but I also want to see the other leaders play an active role in the horde.

Before cata, none of the leaders, on either horde or alliance were involved in anything, except of course varian when he appeared in wrath, so the argument of how Thrall did nothing well warchief doesn't work when none of the other leader did anything either.

Now that they are, and the mess that happened in cataclysm is over, I want to see Thrall back with the horde, I want to see Baine advance as a character and the tauren to get some dam lore, I want to see Vol'jin become involved in the horde affairs and lor'themar to do more then just look pretty.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    meh
    we charge at orgrimmar, we nuke garrosh at a point we almost kill him, jaina (being a bitch) decides to do what she wants and attempts to kill garrosh herself, then the sha corrupt her-she's a boss-we kill her off.....she dies, then blizz will have a new happy fan