Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst
1
2
3
4
5
13
... LastLast
  1. #41
    Dreadlord Spichora's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    London UK
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    Why wouldn't he be affected by pride?

    He isn't a spineless coward. Moreover, being humble has nothing to do with lacking pride. He takes pride in the Horde that he built, pride in his child, pride in all he has tried to accomplish, and to see what Garrosh has turned the Horde into... it's almost like defamation of Thrall's legacy and the memory of their ancestors, which would stand as an affront to his pride. He is full of pride when he decides to saunter into Ogrimmar on his own to try and raise an army.

    There is no doubt that Thrall is a proud orc, and he has many things to be proud of. I see no reason why the Sha of Pride (if Garrosh has it with him in Ogrimmar) wouldn't take advantage of that and try to turn him as well. If Blizz didn't want to make him a completely worthless character, they would make it so that he isn't able to resist the corruption.
    He is not full of pride when he tries to gather others from Orgrimmar, he just feels it a must ! Thrall knows his people more then any other orc! He would not be corrupted by Pride because he learned lot in his journey with the Aspects. He found total calmness within himself, a new power (I cant recall the name of the Power he found) within him. Novel "Trall - Twilight of Aspects" is all about Thralls mental growth and becoming more calm and emotion controlled character. In the beginning of the novel he cant meditate with his fallow Shamans because he is filled with emotions and in the end he is capable to be in the place of Earth Aspect in the Ritual. He Mentality has grown very strong, so he will not be effected with Pride. There is one single Sha that can effect him - it is Fear. Garrosh holds everything he holds dead in his hands - his people and Horde (trolls and Tauren especially), Garrosh might take Aggra and his child (like in Hollywood films LOL ). Horde and his family is all Thrall loved and cares crushing them might frighten him so....

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 11:58 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Thrall is a very easy character to hate. Just look at his Hypocrisy in tides of war.
    So ? What is Negative there about Thrall? To stop Alliance member (jaina) from destroying Orgrimmar? From stopping her going completely mad? Or that he has become "different" ?


    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

  2. #42
    Brewmaster Desareon's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Between Time-Space & Space-Time
    Posts
    1,282
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldstrong View Post
    Methinks SoO patch trailer will show us that after Thrall arrived in orgrimmar he and Garrosh go a round 2 in Mak'gora. Garrosh will be unable to beat Thrall with his own strength alone and will take a bite from the heart of y'shaarj becoming quite a big stronger obviously and beating Thrall.

    Thrall will then pretty much be chained somewhere in Orgrimmar. Bolvar v.2 maybe? Hanging in chains atop Garrosh throne.
    I have a better idea. Why don't they do something original?!

  3. #43
    The Lightbringer Tekkommo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    3,044
    I hope Thrall dies and gets ressed as some Thrall Sha boss, would be amazing to see the QQ when all the fanbois have to kill him!

  4. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    So ? What is Negative there about Thrall? To stop Alliance member (jaina) from destroying Orgrimmar? From stopping her going completely mad? Or that he has become "different" ?

    She was attempting to do that because when she asked him for help after all she had done for him, letting him kill her dad, defending him at every chance she had and always stopping Varion trying to kill him. In return he goes, "Nope not Horde I'm neutral."

    But moment she comes to destroy Orgrimarr like it deserves after Hordes actions he goes "No you can't..." and steps in breaking his own Neutrality.

    Oh but Jaina does the same you cry? Play the Alliance side, up until until the Theramore bombing she was a member of the Alliance, after that she gets made Kirin'tor head and tries to be neutral... However for the second time she gets betrayed by the horde part of the faction, kicks them out and realizes that the Kirin'tor can't stay neutral if they want the Alliance to exist. So sides with them.

    A;though this is part of the bad Blizz writing, they only returned because crappy Blizzard writing made an Alliance Organization neutral in WOTLK.
    My youtube can be found at Gcsmith12 for those who are interested.

    Many good games are coming in 2012, Im glad to be a gamer

  5. #45
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,637
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post

    But moment she comes to destroy Orgrimarr like it deserves after Hordes actions he goes "No you can't..." and steps in breaking his own Neutrality.
    oh What Complete Horseshit! You Actually expect Thrall to stand back and allow Jaina to destroy orgrimmar, the city he founded, and kill all his people, because of what Garrosh did to her.

    YOU HAVE NO REASONING.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  6. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrashi View Post
    Im not gonna lie, one thrall-centered chain quest per century is more than enough. Let other characters shine for once.
    Agreed. I know Metzen has a man crush on Thrall but really havent we seen enough Thrall-centric stories?!

  7. #47
    I really hate all the Garrosh, and Thrall hate really.

    For Garrosh those who say he was undevloped. His story is like this. For years he lived thinking his Father his Hertiage was a Joke, that Grom was a spinless coward and Puppet, untill Thrall told him the Truth. Garroshs problem is the fact he lives in Groms shadow, hes Trying his hardest to surpass his father, to become a legend, to give his people a reason to have "Pride" in themself.

    As for Thrall, i can honostly see him Challenging Garrosh and Garrosh beating him by unfair messures something like. They fight, Garrosh says something like "What did your Horde Manage to do THRALL they was Spineless, and you spent most your days licking the Proudmore Bitches Boot. I have given our people Pride, i have Made the Orcs strong and we are the HORDE once again!" This probaly down to Malkrok's Infulence. Since if you read The Tides of War novel, you find out Malkrok worked very closely with Rend, so Malkrok prefers what the horde used to be, Orcs only and blood thirsty killers.

    I can see that Garrosh Beats Thrall and decides to use him as a Tropey, have him chained somewere, while he either Destories the Doomhammer, or has that sit atop his throne, like Mannorth Tusks.

  8. #48
    High Overlord BellularGaming's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2013
    Location
    Northern Ireland
    Posts
    125
    I dont want him gone though he should take the back seat for a while. He was perhaps overwritten in cata to the point where people are sick of him.
    I am a youtuber! I do daily World of Warcraft news, lore videos, Q&As and long dicussion videos! You can find my channel at http://bit.ly/Bellular

  9. #49
    Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    He is not full of pride when he tries to gather others from Orgrimmar, he just feels it a must ! Thrall knows his people more then any other orc! He would not be corrupted by Pride because he learned lot in his journey with the Aspects. He found total calmness within himself, a new power (I cant recall the name of the Power he found) within him. Novel "Trall - Twilight of Aspects" is all about Thralls mental growth and becoming more calm and emotion controlled character. In the beginning of the novel he cant meditate with his fallow Shamans because he is filled with emotions and in the end he is capable to be in the place of Earth Aspect in the Ritual. He Mentality has grown very strong, so he will not be effected with Pride. There is one single Sha that can effect him - it is Fear. Garrosh holds everything he holds dead in his hands - his people and Horde (trolls and Tauren especially), Garrosh might take Aggra and his child (like in Hollywood films LOL ). Horde and his family is all Thrall loved and cares crushing them might frighten him so....
    He feels that he must... I'm with you so far. How come he didn't bring any back up? Garrosh fought him somewhat evenly during their duel, and to risk fighting him and his soldiers, sorry, army without any aid means he has a lot of confidence in his skills. I won't go so far as to call it arrogant, but the pride he feels from having built the Horde would make him think that he can just walk in whenever he wants.

    You can be proud, yet not ruled by pride. It is very easy to blur the line between pride and arrogance, and while Thrall has control to prevent him from being the latter, I doubt he feels the need to hold his pride in. Especially now that he's a dad. What father wouldn't be proud of their child?

    Or are you saying he's killed all of his emotions? Is he an empty husk now?

    What I'm saying is that Thrall, who is a very solemn character now, still could have a flaw in his own pride. It could be a weakness that is exploitable.

  10. #50
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,637
    That is a point, I want to know what the doomhammer and even doomhammers armor will play in this. It was meant to be a symbol of orcish leadership, but Garrosh never took it, favouring mannaroths tusks as a token of Groms killing of him. Will they use the armor here, maybe even seeing Thrall deck out in it against as a symbol?
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  11. #51
    Scarab Lord Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    4,613
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    But moment she comes to destroy Orgrimarr like it deserves after Hordes actions
    yes, because her allowing the allies to march into the heart of Kalimdor, waste half of the barrens and inhabitants that lived there DIDN'T AT ALL deserve some form of retribution. SHE, went against the pact she and thrall made by allowing the allies to build that highway and start a war front in horde lands. and what? you expect the Horde, Garrosh least of all to take that sitting down? The destruction of Theramore was a strategic attack on an enemy base that went against it's own neutrality and agreements it agreed to. the method by which it occurred was despicable, but the horde going in to cut off alliance reinforcements to the heart of the continent is justifiable. if it was a horde fortress and the allies wanted it destroyed to cut off support and supplies to enemy troops then wouldn't YOU agree that was a smart move? but by all means keep waving your hands around screaming "REMEMBER THERAMORE!".

  12. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    That is a point, I want to know what the doomhammer and even doomhammers armor will play in this. It was meant to be a symbol of orcish leadership, but Garrosh never took it, favouring mannaroths tusks as a token of Groms killing of him. Will they use the armor here, maybe even seeing Thrall deck out in it against as a symbol?
    I doubt Thrall will pick up the armor again, but it'd be interesting to see him bequeath to the next warchief (if it's not him).

    Vaanel had made an April Fools joke of Lorthemar Theron wearing the Doomhammer Armor, but it'd be interesting to see it on Baine.

  13. #53
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,637
    Quote Originally Posted by BellularGaming View Post
    I dont want him gone though he should take the back seat for a while. He was perhaps overwritten in cata to the point where people are sick of him.
    He wasn't overwritten in cata, its just the context of how the story went with him.

    try and imagine how people would have seen Thrall, if all he did was in the hordes name, and as a counterpoint, the alliance was centred around malfurion in there storyarch.

    It wasn't because of Thrall having a central role, which the developers said was there response to players complaining about Thrall doing so little before it, it was just because what Thrall did was from a neutral standpoint, not the hordes.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  14. #54
    The Lightbringer Belize's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Standing in the Fire, as always.
    Posts
    3,861
    Quote Originally Posted by Oldstrong View Post
    Methinks SoO patch trailer will show us that after Thrall arrived in orgrimmar he and Garrosh go a round 2 in Mak'gora. Garrosh will be unable to beat Thrall with his own strength alone and will take a bite from the heart of y'shaarj becoming quite a big stronger obviously and beating Thrall.

    Thrall will then pretty much be chained somewhere in Orgrimmar. Bolvar v.2 maybe? Hanging in chains atop Garrosh throne.
    Put the... Tusks... On my shoulders Vol'jin, there must forever be a Warchief. Wait... I already was warchief before...

  15. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    yes, because her allowing the allies to march into the heart of Kalimdor, waste half of the barrens and inhabitants that lived there DIDN'T AT ALL deserve some form of retribution. SHE, went against the pact she and thrall made by allowing the allies to build that highway and start a war front in horde lands. and what? you expect the Horde, Garrosh least of all to take that sitting down? The destruction of Theramore was a strategic attack on an enemy base that went against it's own neutrality and agreements it agreed to. the method by which it occurred was despicable, but the horde going in to cut off alliance reinforcements to the heart of the continent is justifiable. if it was a horde fortress and the allies wanted it destroyed to cut off support and supplies to enemy troops then wouldn't YOU agree that was a smart move? but by all means keep waving your hands around screaming "REMEMBER THERAMORE!".
    I'm not saying Theramore wasn't a strategic move, what I'm saying is her move against Orgrimarr was justified especially after all she had given up to help the horde and then they turn on her.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 01:03 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    oh What Complete Horseshit! You Actually expect Thrall to stand back and allow Jaina to destroy orgrimmar, the city he founded, and kill all his people, because of what Garrosh did to her.

    YOU HAVE NO REASONING.
    I expect him to when earlier he says he has to stay out of it because he's neutral. If thats the case he can't just come in and stand against her after saying it wasn't his problem deal with it yourself. So she does try deal with it herself but it's not good enough for him.

    After the war, him and the rest of the orcs should be forced back to Outland and to live their, if they want resources they can have them on their own home planet. Get off the planet they have no right to live on.
    My youtube can be found at Gcsmith12 for those who are interested.

    Many good games are coming in 2012, Im glad to be a gamer

  16. #56
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,637
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I'm not saying Theramore wasn't a strategic move, what I'm saying is her move against Orgrimarr was justified especially after all she had given up to help the horde and then they turn on her.

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 01:03 AM ----------



    I expect him to when earlier he says he has to stay out of it because he's neutral. If thats the case he can't just come in and stand against her after saying it wasn't his problem deal with it yourself. So she does try deal with it herself but it's not good enough for him.

    After the war, him and the rest of the orcs should be forced back to Outland and to live their, if they want resources they can have them on their own home planet. Get off the planet they have no right to live on.
    If Thrall had known what Garrosh was going to do to theramore he would have tried to stop it. Anyone doing to try and doubt that?

    Your still trying to suggest because of what Garrosh did to theramore, Thrall should have just left Jaina destroy orgrimmar and slaughter his people.

    This is the most ridiculous statement anyone could come up with.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  17. #57
    Scarab Lord Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    4,613
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    I'm not saying Theramore wasn't a strategic move, what I'm saying is her move against Orgrimarr was justified especially after all she had given up to help the horde and then they turn on her.
    wrong, she turned against them, and it came back to bite her in the ass. I will allow that Garrosh would have made a move against Theramore regardless of Jaina's actions in Cata, but the fact remains she let the war in the the barrens happen.

    After the war, him and the rest of the orcs should be forced back to Outland and to live their, if they want resources they can have them on their own home planet. Get off the planet they have no right to live on.
    gotta love the the horde haters. so much wishful thinking and so much disappointment.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-04-28 at 12:10 AM.

  18. #58
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,573
    Oh god, Thrassk is all up in here defending his hero.

    Thrall went from an decent character pre-Cata into a disaster post-Cata. Metzen basically made Thrall the poster boy for the epitome of goodness in the world. Even his quest chain, which was supposedly to give him character development actually doesn't develop anything. Nothing really changes before and after the quest chain to make it significant enough.

    Blizzard just apparently decided to blow their entire Thrall load in Cataclysm and it ruined his character for many people. Thrall literally kamehameha-ing Deathwing at the end of Dragon Soul was the icing on top of the cake for me. What was supposed to be an epic moment/victory turned into a joke. And what was supposed to be a united effort to stop the Destroyer turned into Thrall stealing the spotlight.

    wrong, she turned against them, and it came back to bite her in the ass. I will allow that Garrosh would have made a move against Theramore regardless of Jaina's actions in Cata, but the fact remains she let the war in the the barrens happen.
    Actually the reason the Alliance pushes out from Theramore is to help the Night Elves whose lands Garrosh has repeatedly invaded by taking advantage of the Cataclysm, which really wrecked Darkshore and caused a ton of problems in Ashenvale. He took advantage of a catastrophe to further his war, and the Alliance needed to secure a route to help their ally.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-04-28 at 12:12 AM.

  19. #59
    Quote Originally Posted by Sky High Shark View Post
    wrong, she turned against them, and it came back to bite her in the ass. I will allow that Garrosh would have made a move against Theramore regardless of Jaina's actions in Cata, but the fact remains she let the war in the the barrens happen.
    Of course she did, but then again the Horde started the war by attacking Alliance territory. What did you expect her to do as an Alliance leader? Say no you can't have my easy access route to get some counter attack on the Horde?

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 01:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    If Thrall had known what Garrosh was going to do to theramore he would have tried to stop it. Anyone doing to try and doubt that?

    Your still trying to suggest because of what Garrosh did to theramore, Thrall should have just left Jaina destroy orgrimmar and slaughter his people.

    This is the most ridiculous statement anyone could come up with.
    No it isn't if he wants to be neutral then they are no longer his people and as such he shouldn't be standing in after stating it wasn't his problem. What did he think would happen? Garrosh attack Theramore and Jaina to not try and retaliate?

    Also he didn't seem to care enough about his people to stop the attack on Theramore. He had no idea that Garrosh had the mana bomb, and that was the only thing that stopped Garrosh wasting lives. If not for that bomb the attack would have been completely massacred.

    It's you that makes no sense, "Oh but he was defending his people." A people who moments ago he said he had nothing to do with. That's the problem with Thrall, he grows balls in Cataclysm to deal with Deathwing, gets told repeatedly that he's being a total retard for making Garrosh, A orc with no political experience and who he had already seen was mental enough to backstab the Alliance losing his own people during the Corpse Gate attack, warchief and ignores them all.

    For someone who cares about his People as you say he picks funny ways of caring.
    My youtube can be found at Gcsmith12 for those who are interested.

    Many good games are coming in 2012, Im glad to be a gamer

  20. #60
    Scarab Lord Sky High's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    SO-CALI
    Posts
    4,613
    Quote Originally Posted by gcsmith View Post
    Of course she did, but then again the Horde started the war by attacking Alliance territory. What did you expect her to do as an Alliance leader? Say no you can't have my easy access route to get some counter attack on the Horde?
    not saying she couldn't or shouldn't have, but actions have consequences. the Orcs moved to gain more resources in the north and had not engaged her. she made the move to help them but opened herself up to reprisals. if the roles were reversed I would feel no different about the outcome, would you?

    ---------- Post added 2013-04-27 at 05:23 PM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Actually the reason the Alliance pushes out from Theramore is to help the Night Elves whose lands Garrosh has repeatedly invaded by taking advantage of the Cataclysm, which really wrecked Darkshore and caused a ton of problems in Ashenvale. He took advantage of a catastrophe to further his war, and the Alliance needed to secure a route to help their ally.
    and would you agree ending the root of the enemy supply chain is a smart move? I'm not here to go back and forth on who is "in the wrong", but to say that actions taken by one side are "justifiable" in a militaristic sense. Jaina was smart to aid them when she did, but to sit back and expect NOTHING to happen to her or Theramore just because she is "in the right" is ridiculous.
    Last edited by Sky High; 2013-04-28 at 12:44 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •