Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ...
4
12
13
14
15
16
LastLast
  1. #261
    Dreadlord Csnyder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    sarasota
    Posts
    831
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Perhaps we'll have Garrosh break Thrall. Physically, Bane-style. It would be a way to retire the character without killing him off.
    he would still be able to use magic.........

  2. #262
    Quote Originally Posted by Csnyder View Post
    he would still be able to use magic.........
    But he'd have to do it from a really cool wheelchair. Maybe professor X style wheelesschair.

  3. #263
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    But he'd have to do it from a really cool wheelchair. Maybe professor X style wheelesschair.
    An Orc in a wheelchair seems very un-Orcish.....
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  4. #264
    I know Thrall just turned into Go'el but it would be great if we could do another 180 and help him get his Doomhammer regalia back. Even if it's not to make him Warchief.

    Literally the only reason he ever even became Go'el was to have an opportunity to shoot laserbeams out of some trinket which honestly anyone else could have done. He could have easily stayed Warchief but helped the Earthen Ring maintain the Maelstrom too. The entire Cataclysm Thrall story-arc was entirely unnecessary and in fact a detriment to the Warcraft storyline.
    Last edited by Flaks; 2013-05-06 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-860 @2.8GHz | Radeon HD 7770 | 8GB DDR3-1333MHz | Corsair CX 430W |

  5. #265
    Legendary! KrazyK923's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Illinois
    Posts
    6,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Not even worth of a comment.
    Tirion wasn't an Alliance-affiliated character since before the Third War. Thrall led the Horde since the second version's inception and 3 expansions and then went neutral for 1. And then in MoP, is exclusively Horde-affiliated.

    Please, tell me how they are even remotely similar. Because they mega-attacked the bosses of their own expansions? That's not a very convincing argument. I really hate how the Lich King died too, btw.
    Last edited by KrazyK923; 2013-05-06 at 03:16 AM.

  6. #266
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I know Thrall just turned into Go'el but it would be great if we could do another 180 and help him get his Doomhammer regalia back. Even if it's not to make him Warchief.

    Literally the only reason he ever even became Go'el was to have an opportunity to shoot laserbeams out of some trinket which honestly anyone else could have done. He could have easily stayed Warchief but helped the Earthen Ring maintain the Maelstrom too. The entire Cataclysm Thrall story-arc was entirely unnecessary and in fact a detriment to the Warcraft storyline.
    Agreed. If DC was smart they'd sue Blizz for the Go'el shit as well. Go'el is the most un-orc name ever. Kal'el called and he wants his Kryptonian heritage back. Orcs are not from Krypton. I hated the whole midlife crisis Thrall crap, totally weakened him as a character, especially as a leader. Do the Orcs really want someone back who can't deal with internal conflict without some sort of spirit walk when things get tough. The entire emo, FL, thrall fight my inner demons shit was terrible.

  7. #267
    Bloodsail Admiral Konata's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Somewhere in the Badlands
    Posts
    1,127
    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Agreed. If DC was smart they'd sue Blizz for the Go'el shit as well. Go'el is the most un-orc name ever. Kal'el called and he wants his Kryptonian heritage back. Orcs are not from Krypton. I hated the whole midlife crisis Thrall crap, totally weakened him as a character, especially as a leader. Do the Orcs really want someone back who can't deal with internal conflict without some sort of spirit walk when things get tough. The entire emo, FL, thrall fight my inner demons shit was terrible.
    Shit you bring up some good facts. I didn't notice the Kal'el-Go'el Draenor-Krypton thing.. Two destroyed worlds.. last son of those worlds.. Shit. Super Orc...

  8. #268
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    An Orc in a wheelchair seems very un-Orcish.....
    How about strapped to a kodo......?
    "I just wanted them to hand us our award! But they were just talk!, talk!, talk!......" - Wrathion

  9. #269
    Quote Originally Posted by Landin55 View Post
    How about strapped to a kodo......?
    Wait, wait, Fire legs like Ragnaros!

  10. #270
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Flaks View Post
    I know Thrall just turned into Go'el but it would be great if we could do another 180 and help him get his Doomhammer regalia back. Even if it's not to make him Warchief.
    Granted, I felt Thrall lost a lot of his badass vibe when he went full Shaman
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  11. #271
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Granted, I felt Thrall lost a lot of his badass vibe when he went full Shaman
    He lost all his characteristics as a leader. Which is really what made Thrall great. He was a real leader for the horde until that point. Its like all of the sudden all the trainning and upbringing went out the window. He learned tactics while a slave and leadership right after from Doom/Grom...then all the sudden he just abandoned it all to have a internal struggle at a crucial point. Then appointed a young hot head to the leadership role, again against all he knew was the right decision until then. Its one of the worst story telling moments. Its almost a betrayal to the character Thrall had become. Everything he actually accomplished in Cata could have been done as leader of the horde. Controlling the heart of the Aspect, taking a wife, overcoming inner turmoil, and seeding an heir. Its all things that he could have done without giving up who he was, but instead he stops being Thrall. Kills me.

  12. #272
    Legendary!
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Behind You
    Posts
    6,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Zulkhan View Post
    Yeah i thought about a Garrosh "desperate", make even sense in some ways, but i'm not completely certain about it. The strongest doubt remains the usage of the mana bomb. He faced some desperate situations on the past (the whole war against the Scourge was full of them) but he never thought "indirect ways" for fight a war, he pissed the Forsaken a whole expansion about it. And pissed aswell Saurfang in Northrend about all his over-brutal ways of leading the war, he was completely ok with savage and bloody tactics that could ensure victory, but never with the usage of devices, backstabbing, tricking and so on, and he seemed always pretty sincere and steady about it. .
    Good points.
    But I think ultimatly the difference is that Garrosh eventually won against the Scourge. Not so much against the Alliance.
    By the time the end of Cata came around, things werent lookin to good for the Horde.
    Ashenvele, the main reason for the war, was far from being secured, and then the whole human/dwarf invasion of the Barrens and even Durotar

    Another point about the Scourge, which as covered in some Know Your Lore article, was that Garrosh learned to fight against the Scourge.
    The Scourge were undead, they knew no fear, no negotiation, the only way to defeat them was through brute strength and force.
    Even Thrall laments on that in the Shattering, how the current generation of Horde warriors killed undead, which isnt the same as killing people who have feelings and families

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 05:17 AM ----------

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    This would also help the faction war to keep going. Since Thrall won't let Garrosh be the villian in the end and the Alliance will be pissed and the war will continue while the legion invades.
    Hell it dsnt even have to be that cheesy for me
    Garrosh can just be exiled/imprisoned or whatever, would be fine by me, and just come back a better person for it
    The Hellscream name dsnt deserve to be just left in the gutter

    But, not exactly keepin my hopes up here
    We have faced trials and danger, threats to our world and our way of life. And yet, we persevere. We are the Horde. We will not let anything break our spirits!"

  13. #273
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreknar20 View Post
    Good points.
    But I think ultimatly the difference is that Garrosh eventually won against the Scourge. Not so much against the Alliance.
    By the time the end of Cata came around, things werent lookin to good for the Horde.
    Ashenvele, the main reason for the war, was far from being secured, and then the whole human/dwarf invasion of the Barrens and even Durotar

    Another point about the Scourge, which as covered in some Know Your Lore article, was that Garrosh learned to fight against the Scourge.
    The Scourge were undead, they knew no fear, no negotiation, the only way to defeat them was through brute strength and force.
    Even Thrall laments on that in the Shattering, how the current generation of Horde warriors killed undead, which isnt the same as killing people who have feelings and families

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 05:17 AM ----------


    Hell it dsnt even have to be that cheesy for me
    Garrosh can just be exiled/imprisoned or whatever, would be fine by me, and just come back a better person for it
    The Hellscream name dsnt deserve to be just left in the gutter

    But, not exactly keepin my hopes up here
    As for the hellscream legacy. That warlord Zaela could get jiggy with Garrosh and a child from that. Infact god no thats a terrible idea IGNORE THAT! :P

  14. #274
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,663
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    As for the hellscream legacy. That warlord Zaela could get jiggy with Garrosh and a child from that. Infact god no thats a terrible idea IGNORE THAT! :P
    that remains to be seen where she stands in SoO. We already see her appearing in durotar controlling proto drakes for Garrosh's war, meaning she's on his side. But given the horde rebels and alliance will storm the place, she will either die, or come around to our side against Garrosh (likewise with Nazgrim)
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  15. #275
    Warchief Zulkhan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    My Warchief's side and command
    Posts
    2,234
    Quote Originally Posted by KrazyK923 View Post
    Tirion wasn't an Alliance-affiliated character since before the Third War. Thrall led the Horde since the second version's inception and 3 expansions and then went neutral for 1. And then in MoP, is exclusively Horde-affiliated.

    Please, tell me how they are even remotely similar. Because they mega-attacked the bosses of their own expansions? That's not a very convincing argument. I really hate how the Lich King died too, btw.
    Tirion was one of the greatest paladins that the Alliance ever knew, while Thrall was nothing more than a baby at the same period. Your argument is weak. Ofcourse, they are not IDENTICAL, rather are pretty different, with different goals and so on, but their role in the game (at least until the end of Cata) was pretty similar. They had different backgrounds, and the only reason for which the last years Tirion wasn't directly tied with the Alliance as Thrall was with the Horde was just for his sad past of bigoted accusations of a jealous crap paladin, that in the end brought him to the exile. This didn't change the fact that, in his hearth, he remained Alliance.

    Then he remained alone in the Plaguelands, accepting of course the help of both Horde and Alliance, because of his new found ideals. And while in Wotlk he returned by that lost hole of the Eastern to become the hero of all, he was just leading a neutral organitazion with a common goal. This doesn't mean at all that he is not affiliated with the Alliance anymore, he just lead a neutral army, but if he choose to stop to a non-Argent camp, he will undoubtely choose the Alliance one (as seen in Howling Fjord) and is very unlikely that he would be fully accepted to walk on Orgrimmar or Undercity as he likes just because his Argent Crusade have orcs and forsaken that choose to side with him. Still, he remain a "neutral character" because while he IS Alliance, he don't share their feelings toward the Horde and prefer to lead the Argent Crusade. And Thrall was the same story. He was a member, than leader, of a neutral organization of shamans, with orcs, tauren, dwarves, draenei ecc. with the commong goal to save the world, while the one of Tirion was to destroy the evil (same result in the end) and while Thrall has been the Horde leader during the past expansions, he was the best person on the Horde that could decide to accept the help of the Alliance and become neutral, because he never hated the Alliance, instead of many of the orcs, the trolls except Vol'jin (that still had much less trust in them than Thrall) the blood elves and the forsaken. Well, nearly all of them, even many tauren have a strong hate now for the Alliance for the events in the Barrens, don't be fooled by Baine and his lovely friendship with the blond shorty.
    Thrall just wanted to protect the Horde, not destroy the Alliance, and the only reason for which an Alliance player felt more strange work with Thrall than for a Horde one work with Tirion, was just for in-game material (a lot of people didn't even knew the story of Tirion when they did his quests) but storywise there is no difference at all.

    As Tirion, Thrall doesn't share the same hate and distrust for the Alliance as his other Horde brethren have, and until MoP he remained in a similar situation. Still, the fact that Thrall was on Durotar playing with babies doesn't mean that he returned totally Horde-affiliated and in war with the Alliance, that is just his home. And now is just active in the Darkspear rebellion, nothing strange about it.

    God, imagine Thrall if he said "i have problems with the world and the elements, the Horde it is not my faction anymore, good job" ? All the Thrall haters jumping in the wagon saying "Look that suck ass, he made all this mess and doesn't even show his face !!11!1!! Thrall is a stupid asshole, i HOPE HE DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE !!1!!11!1!" And still people desire his death regardless for stupid reasons. Amazing.
    Thrall would be possibile to considered again a full Horde character just if he decide to leave the Earthen Ring for good for not leave a Horde leaderless after the dethroning of Garrosh.
    The only real difference beetwen Thrall and Tirion in their role is that Tirion was a...moderate presence, in Cata there was definetly too much Thrall, and things like the FR chain and the wedding...well, i didn't like them at all, just for say it in a good manner.

    About the Lich King, i liked the way he died instead, because make sense with the Arthas's character in WotLK. Still, i felt the "There must always be a Lich King" a bit strained.

    Quote Originally Posted by Taftvalue View Post
    god I hope thrall equips his old armor and challenges garrosh to a mak'gora and utterly defeats him
    Agreed. Time for meditations, shamanism and save the world-ism is over. Time to pick up the old symbols of the "Warchief" Thrall and kick some asses.

    Quote Originally Posted by Zoldor View Post
    Agreed. If DC was smart they'd sue Blizz for the Go'el shit as well. Go'el is the most un-orc name ever. Kal'el called and he wants his Kryptonian heritage back. Orcs are not from Krypton. I hated the whole midlife crisis Thrall crap, totally weakened him as a character, especially as a leader. Do the Orcs really want someone back who can't deal with internal conflict without some sort of spirit walk when things get tough. The entire emo, FL, thrall fight my inner demons shit was terrible.
    Come on, if Thrall is too good and too strong with no weaknesses is a boring character

    If Thrall have weaknesses and inner demons, if a pussy annoying emo.

    I mean, i agree that Thrall as Warchief had more grit, but was just character developement, and was not that bad see Thrall having grounded doubts about his role as Warchief, if he was the right leader for them or not, was a transion of his character. There is even the chance that when his doubts and fears about all this painful "Garrosh's Horde" mess is done, he could become like before, maybe even better.

  16. #276
    Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    Perhaps we'll have Garrosh break Thrall. Physically, Bane-style. It would be a way to retire the character without killing him off.
    His punishment must be more severe.

  17. #277
    Quote Originally Posted by khalltusk View Post
    As for the hellscream legacy. That warlord Zaela could get jiggy with Garrosh and a child from that. Infact god no thats a terrible idea IGNORE THAT! :P
    It might be a terrible idea, but after what Blizz pulled at the end of Cata, don't be surprised if this happens at the end of the Siege. I'm hoping not.... I'm REALLY REALLY hopping not....but...the potential is there.

  18. #278
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    His punishment must be more severe.
    shut up already. This Thrall hate is getting obnoxious and just makes me want to backhand alliance.

    He's a good guy who made a mistake, GUESS WHAT, People make mistakes, you see it all the time, doesn't mean they should suffer for it. And Thrall is right now back in 5.3 and putting himself on the line to try and deal with this problem.

    He does what he can to right things, but thats not good enough for some of the negative coots in this community.

    ---------- Post added 2013-05-06 at 02:11 PM ----------

    And hey, all you negative drips trying to use the Garrosh excuse to accuse Thrall of making a mistake, GUESS WHAT, You made the mistake in believeing Garrosh was something good for the horde, all of you garry fans did. Maybe we should string all you up for making such a blunder of misjudgement.

    Keep it civil please.
    Last edited by Zaelsino; 2013-05-06 at 01:32 PM.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

  19. #279
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    shut up already. This Thrall hate is getting obnoxious and just makes me want to backhand alliance.

    He's a good guy who made a mistake, GUESS WHAT, People make mistakes, you see it all the time, doesn't mean they should suffer for it. And Thrall is right now back in 5.3 and putting himself on the line to try and deal with this problem.
    It was just a flip throw from the said movie. I don't hate Thrall.

  20. #280
    The Insane Trassk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Having beers with Dorothy
    Posts
    16,663
    Quote Originally Posted by Mokaproductionist View Post
    It was just a flip throw from the said movie. I don't hate Thrall.
    yeah well its hard to tell these days when people are serious about it or not, and frankly I'm getting pissed off with some of the things the wow community spews out.
    'Garrosh is such a good leader, blizzard just made him evil, thats not him'
    'Its all Thralls fault, he's such a mary sue, he made the mistake of giving Garrosh power (he's a mary sue but makes mistakes, see why its bullshit what people say)'
    'Anduin is such a mary sue now, he should die'.

    This games become f***ing toxic because of the community these days.
    Big thanks to Davillage for awesome signature

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •