• great idea

20 45.45%
  • bad idea

16 36.36%
  • do not care

8 18.18%
Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Cool what if we could play as villains in Siege of Orgrimmar?

as far as I see, many players want to see other side of story, sometimes even playing as villains

so far we had only several moments a bit close to that.
    mostly 1 was about DK starting area. where player DK starts as Scourge member and all know that story, but it was limited to a Class only story.
    second part was mostly during Vanilla/Burning Crusade. you had to play both sides, Allaince and Horde to get full story what really happened
    1 example is raids. storywise it appears Alliance has killed Onyxia (see Comic series) and probably Nefarian too, and not the Horde
    also there were some stories, like South Barrens, where Allaicne see one part of story, and Horde sees another

so what I am about:

why can't Horde players play Siege of Orgrimamr diferently then in previous raids?
    we have seen faction Champions in Coliseum and Gunship Battle in Icecrown, also gunship vs Deathwing in Dragon Soul, where both factions use Alliance Gunship

what if Blizzard made Siege of Orgrimamr different?
    phase 1. Horde players are HELPING GARROSH to repel Allaince atttack from the sea, defeat an Alliance-alligned boss, but at the end they are captured by NPCs, a.k.a Allaince members. then Vol'Jin will appear and ask to save your lives and do not get you executed by alliance

telling Varian, that if you, players who are loyalists to horde, will swear to help in siege, Allaince will release you and you help combined alliance-horde forces.
    there can be some kind of story of redemption. like several key NPCs appearing and soem dialogues, where you "understand" that Garrosh has become VERY bad and you didnot really knew what was going on around

for alliance there could be a bit different start. killing konkron, their commander, but then get caught by Kon'kron forces, then Vol'Jin's trolsl appear and save you. Varian appears and thanks troll leader for saving you, his champions

or different solution. while Horde was fighting 1st boss (remember, you are at start on Garrosh's side), and get captured, meanwhile Alliance fight another corner of raid adn they tooge t captured. then Vol'jin gets promise from Horde players, and he and Varian exchange prisoners

sorry or my English, but hope all understood plot

I think that would be really great

10+ Year Old Account
    bad guys in wow are just sacks of loot. Once they become this, most people stop caring about them.
    #boycottchina

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    bad guys in wow are just sacks of loot. Once they become this, most people stop caring about them.
    Well, you were a bad guy if you played a DK from level 55 to 58...dosen't matter you fought against other bad guys (or psycho good guys) you were still the baddie.

And I have to say, it felt good. You felt like an evil bastard and you were.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    The problem with your idea is that Blizzard has already built it up so the player characters are supposed to hate Garrosh in 5.3. There's no room to still be defending Garrosh in 5.4, especially in Orgrimmar.

Deleted
    What if the alliance players are secretly sabotaging the horde while playing nice with the Darkspear rebellion? Would be cool.
    Contaminate Org's water? Plant explosive on few non-essential buildings? Fun stuff!
    (Nevermind Goblins actually contaminated a part of Org's watter)

Quote Originally Posted by masterjc View Post
    telling Varian, that if you, players who are loyalists to horde, will swear to help in siege, Allaince will release you and you help combined alliance-horde forces.
    there can be some kind of story of redemption. like several key NPCs appearing and soem dialogues, where you "understand" that Garrosh has become VERY bad and you didnot really knew what was going on around
    I like the idea, but this part baffles me. If I'd join the Garroshes side it's either because I wanna be a bad guy or I just wanna support Garrosh. So, making you "understand" something in the middle of the raid, when you had a choice to "understand" it all at the beggining is quite weird.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    I like the idea, but this part baffles me. If I'd join the Garroshes side it's either because I wanna be a bad guy or I just wanna support Garrosh. So, making you "understand" something in the middle of the raid, when you had a choice to "understand" it all at the beggining is quite weird.
    Dagger In The Dark is HORDE-ONLY scenario and Alliance has NO Idea what is happening there.

we need separate 2 things
    Lore-wise - what really happened
    and game-mechanics. where u are allowed do some strange stuff only for BALANCE

like, Taurens have no idea what is Holy light
    they have Sunwalkers,or Sun Druids
    adn both Priest and Paladin Tauren are same class
    but for in-game balance, Sunwalker class is split into two different classes - pally and priest
    and spells they share

same is about raid

nw it is too late to change somethign, Blizz has probably done most stuff already for raid. but it's What if we could

I mean, that you are a Horde player, an Orc (all horde players get Orc Disguise like in Caverns of Time or same Dagger in the dark disguises. Garrosh is getting all support mostly from Kon'kron and Orc race). adn you ahve no idea, what is happening in Pandaria, only thing you hear is all races are weak, Garrosh is greatest Warchief, alliance is weak and HOrde is crushing them, etc. Trolls are betrayers off course

soe you defend Orgrimamr, Kill alliance General leading siege, but then get captured by alliance. well to make it more Epic, you fight against Varian himself or maybe even agains all alliance leaders, and they defeat you. Vol'jin arrives and explaisn what is happening, says you are lied, and all kind of bla-bla-bla

Dagger In The Dark is HORDE-ONLY scenario and Alliance has NO Idea what is happening there.
    Yeah, if you're playing WoW in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by Assumi View Post
    Yeah, if you're playing WoW in the past.
    lol
    you have no idea what I have said

it is still Horde only scenario
    onyl we, allianece players know what happened there
    because we could have either horde alts, read on fan-sites, or simply cho allowed us to see what happened

but Allaince has no idea what has happened

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    lol
    you have no idea what I have said

it is still Horde only scenario
    onyl we, allianece players know what happened there
    because we could have either horde alts, read on fan-sites, or simply cho allowed us to see what happened

but Allaince has no idea what has happened
    And you're still wrong. Both Horde and Alliance can access these scenario. It's like the Cavern's of time dungeon where you were playing and Alliance character. The scenario just make you play a Horde character if you're from Alliance.

I'm french, I'm really sorry if my english is bad. I try to do my best.

Who says we're not the bad guys? After all, we're the ones laying siege to the orc capital.

10+ Year Old Account
    How do we know we are not the corrupted ones, the Old Gods could be the good guys & Titans are bad, What if everything we thought we were fighting for was all wrong !!.
    I don't always hunt things, But when I do, It's because they're things & I'm a Bear.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes but Bad guys always lose in WoW and if player play bad side what will happen to him die in raid and become loot ? LoL

Or if he gets another version of raid it will Ruin game lorewise and it will take lots of unnecessary resources.

And what you said in the end doesnt makes sense if we will still help Alliance and Vol'jin in rebellion. Why do we make another begining of story if the end is same ? Doesnt matter is we do it willingly or Forced the result is same WE DO IT !

If I want to be a bad guy I will stick with Garrosh till the end until he dies. That theory has big error too because after he's death or overthrowing what will happen to all the Garrosh supporter players? They go captive and then redeem their sins? Or we just continue play like others and think to ourselves "what the hell just happened?"
    Last edited by Spichora; 2013-04-28 at 11:01 AM.
    War is deception, a game played best from the shadows!

dude your idea just sounds like Dragon soul with the constant annoying cinematics.

Deleted
    It'd be a pretty cool idea. Kind of like a Horde player could queue to be Garrosh's lieutenant/champion and receive a buff like the uber we got in the The Battle for Undercity and then 10/25 Alliance players have to take them down. It'd be a nightmare to implement though and strictly PvE players and major raiding guilds would throw a shit-fit though. Combining the two core elements of game-play, PvE and PvP, would likely be seen as a bit of fun by a few people but probably seen as utterly unforgivable by more.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of human potential (and non-toxic masculinity)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    That would imply that Blizzard cares about player choice. They nerfed that a few years ago.
    Was that before or after, massive "FUN" system revamp ? God that was terrible patch.

OT: I have better idea, let us invade (darksouls style) other players while raiding. First thing you see is dark phantom invading your raid group. Second is cyclone on main tank. Third is boss owning you. That would bring pvp to pve !!!
    Last edited by Arrashi; 2013-04-28 at 11:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Archdruid Dehydrate View Post
    How do we know we are not the corrupted ones, the Old Gods could be the good guys & Titans are bad, What if everything we thought we were fighting for was all wrong !!.
    do you remember saronite?
    blood of old god Yogg'saron?
    all players who used mail/plate gear, were using it, how we know they arenot corrupted already?

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 04:53 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Spichora View Post
    Yes but Bad guys always lose in WoW and if player play bad side what will happen to him die in raid and become loot ? LoL

Or if he gets another version of raid it will Ruin game lorewise and it will take lots of unnecessary resources.

And what you said in the end doesnt makes sense if we will still help Alliance and Vol'jin in rebellion. Why do we make another begining of story if the end is same ? Doesnt matter is we do it willingly or Forced the result is same WE DO IT !

If I want to be a bad guy I will stick with Garrosh till the end until he dies. That theory has big error too because after he's death or overthrowing what will happen to all the Garrosh supporter players? They go captive and then redeem their sins? Or we just continue play like others and think to ourselves "what the hell just happened?"
    doesnot have much sense

who can be more sinned then Death Knights of Arthas?
    still they are redeemed
    even Thassarian leads alliance forces. who has belief in Holy Light and is sworn enemy to all kind of undead

so yes, they can redeem themselves

---------- Post added 2013-04-28 at 04:54 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Robutt View Post
    It'd be a pretty cool idea. Kind of like a Horde player could queue to be Garrosh's lieutenant/champion and receive a buff like the uber we got in the The Battle for Undercity and then 10/25 Alliance players have to take them down. It'd be a nightmare to implement though and strictly PvE players and major raiding guilds would throw a shit-fit though. Combining the two core elements of game-play, PvE and PvP, would likely be seen as a bit of fun by a few people but probably seen as utterly unforgivable by more.
    it's not about PVP
    its a PVE content
    probably you didnot read what I wrote

imo this wouldn't work for to reasons.

1. Resource investment. Why would blizz invest money in an alternate raid where you play the bad guys? Especially since Garrosh's forces are losing? How many people would really have fun playing a raid where your side is getting defeated? And if you have the horde players swap sides, why should the rebels trust you? What was the point of even starting off with Garrosh? Among the Horde it only even makes sense for orc characters to do this anyway.

2. Not many people like Garrosh. Alliance don't like him, I don't know of many Horde players that like him. The number of people wanting to sign up with Garrosh would be slim. That's not to say there are no horde players that would want to, but I doubt enough to justify giving the different factions different raid fights, even if just a couple of them. Better to just have the sides working together off the start, with 5.3 establishing the tentative truce, than to put raid resources into this.

It won't happen because of the serious drains on the raid encounter team and because of how horrible it would be to balance so each instance is equally difficult for both factions.

And that's just the game mechanics. We've also got the lore that they've built up since last spring that would make it extremely hard to justify.

While I'd love a raid where we're not on the offensive, I don't think Siege of Orgrimmar would be a good choice for that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't really care whether or not other people can play the villain, my troll monk is marching on Orgrimmar and pounding Hellscream's face in.
    Be seeing you guys on Bloodsail Buccaneers NA!